Xbox one s randomly won't power on from controller

Discus and support Xbox one s randomly won't power on from controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my xbox one s for maybe 6 months now. I've had a random issue with powering it on using the controller. Sometimes if it's not used for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bored-Again, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Bored-Again
    Bored-Again Guest

I've had my xbox one s for maybe 6 months now. I've had a random issue with powering it on using the controller. Sometimes if it's not used for a couple days the controller won't turn it on. Sometimes I cam play the night before and the next evening it
    won't turn on.

Every time this happens I have to push the power button twice on the console to get it to turn on.

I've tried the truck hiding in the power button to do a soft reset with no luck, I've even reset the whole console to defaults. Still happens. Ice verified there hasn't been any power outages or blips. I've replaced the surge protector with a new one,
    tried a different wall outlet.

Whay else can I do?

:)

Bored-Again, Jun 13, 2017
  2. LEOPECINA
    LEOPECINA Guest
    Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...

LEOPECINA, Jun 13, 2017
  3. NITRO2
    NITRO2 Guest
    Xbox controller randomly won't be paired to xbox and won't turn xbox on

I have had this issue for awhile now and haven't been able to solve it. Randomly (about 50% of the time) when I try to power on my xbox one by using my xbox controller (holding down the xbox icon), the xbox won't turn on. Then if I manually turn the xbox
    on then the controller won't be "paired" to the xbox again and it won't pair when i try to sync the xbox one and controller together. This problem won't go away until I hard reset the xbox.

I have tried:

1. A different controller

2. Standing right next to xbox to avoid wifi frequency issues

What else can I do? This is annoying.

NITRO2, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there McSquirl Nugget.

Surge protectors aren't supported and can cause issues such as the one you've described. Have you tested your Xbox One without a surge protector between the console and the wall outlet?

Mister Maka, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Bored-Again
    Bored-Again Guest
    yes. I unplugged it after I read your post Wednesday, it happened that evening. So its been plugged directly into a wall socket. I played it for a while after work today, and now 4 hours after I turned it off with the controller, once again I can't
    turn it back on with the controller.

Bored-Again, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Bored-Again Win User

Surge protectors aren't supported and can cause issues such as the one you've described. Have you tested your Xbox One without a surge protector between the console and the wall outlet?
    yes. I unplugged it after I read your post Wednesday, it happened that evening. So its been plugged directly into a wall socket. I played it for a while after work today, and now 4 hours after I turned it off with the controller, once again I can't
    turn it back on with the controller.
  7. Mister Maka Win User

8. LEOPECINA Win User

Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One S won't power on with controller

Did you try that though ? The newer controllers work in the same way as the older controllers connection wise, bluetooth was added for connecting to a bluetooth enabled PC more than anything.
  10. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox One S won't power on with controller

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your post. To troubleshoot this, try a soft factory reset. This will keep your games and applications installed but reset the Xbox's operating system to defaults to eliminate any possible issues. Here's how to do so:

Xbox One Factory Reset
    Be sure to keep your Microsoft account information ready to sign back into your account and choose
    "Reset and keep my games & apps" to properly perform a soft factory reset.

Let us know how this goes, thanks again.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s randomly won't power on from controller - Similar Threads - randomly won't power

2. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  5. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  6. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  7. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  8. Mw3 2023 my gun classes won't load I just get random guns

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw3 2023 my gun classes won't load I just get random guns: My guns won't load in to mw3 2023 mp any gun I pick it gives me something different a69a3125-a567-49b9-86d9-c4dad16b24fd
  9. Overwatch won't start after my XboxOne decided to do a random update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch won't start after my XboxOne decided to do a random update: I'm really frustrated with this, after my Xbox decided to do an update (Yesterday), Overwatch just doesn't load up, I click on it, it takes me to the main image and then it takes me back to the...
  10. Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having multiple problems with my xbox: apps won't launch, random wifi DCs, won't shut ...: I bought my xbox one several months ago and I have had almost no problems with it until about two months ago. If I have my xbox on Instant Startup, sometimes when I power it down then come back...