Xbox One S only plays certain blu rays

Discus and support Xbox One S only plays certain blu rays in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox one a few weeks ago and have noticed that some of my blu rays will not play on the system. When I put the disc in I get the general... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jarom 13, Sep 14, 2017.

1. jarom 13
    jarom 13 Guest

I bought an Xbox one a few weeks ago and have noticed that some of my blu rays will not play on the system. When I put the disc in I get the general blu ray disc warning such as dont copy the disc, the view expressed on commentary dont reflect the studio,
    and the rating screen. after that it just sits on a black screen. I have bought brand new versions of each movies and neither of those work either but I have no issues playing on a PS4 or regular blu ray. Its extremely frustrating as my Xbox is my main entertainment
    device and I dont want to keep switching out devices just to watch a certain movie.

:)

jarom 13, Sep 14, 2017
  2. up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.

Internet Expert, Sep 14, 2017
  3. 4K Blu-rays not working 0x91d70001

Do you have xbox one or xbox one s? Only the xbox one s does 4k blu-rays

MaximumExtreme, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Ma7ter chief 00 Win User

not so next gen

The xbox one and ps4 wasnt designed for that the consoles only have certain room for certain objects they built more graphic engines into it so it is the next gen of graphics if you want to play dvd play it on a PC if you want to play blu ray buy a blu ray
    player for your tv or else man up and deal with it
  5. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  6. l am BATMAN Win User

Does the Xbox One S actually upscale regular Blu-Rays?

I have not tried a standard blu ray on my xbox one s... I'll have to try it. I had that happen with a 4k blu ray, but it only happened on a certain hdmi input. Changed it to a different input and it output 2160p. I doubt that's the problem, but you could
    always give it a shot. That's kinda garbage if they don't upscale.
  7. MaximumExtreme Win User

4K Blu-rays not working 0x91d70001

Do you have xbox one or xbox one s? Only the xbox one s does 4k blu-rays
  8. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S only plays certain blu rays - Similar Threads - plays certain blu

2. Xbox powers off playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powers off playing certain games: While playing games like Cod or The Finals my console will just shut off while playing them after a few minutes, no error codes nothing just off. It’s not over heating or anything it just happens...
  3. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  4. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  5. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  6. I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?: I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away? 846e2e31-913d-482a-a2eb-cd0f89a99baa
  7. Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.: So I just got this Cowboy Bebop Collector's Edition which features the entire series on both DVD & Blu-Ray, and also the full soundtrack on CD. And even though all CDs & DVDs work fine, and other...
  8. Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play: I've been having trouble with certain blu rays for a while now and it's really starting to annoy me, as I bought the Xbox specifically to play 4k blu rays and it's much quieter than the PS4 for...
  9. Blu ray player wont play certain discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray player wont play certain discs: Hi my drive just wont play some of my br discs.....ive re installed ....hard reset....and cleaned discs.....still refuses to play... and yes they r for my region....help please......
  10. Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast): Hello all, I recently purchased the Die Hard collection on amazon. Got it today, and it won't play on my Xbox One. I put the disc into the drive, and it spins over and over. According to the...