Xbox One S not turning on at all

Discus and support Xbox One S not turning on at all in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve had an Xbox One S since 2018, that I’ve taken care of, & have given very light use to. I went to go turn it on a couple weeks ago, and it would... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BlackberryNo9812, Jun 30, 2024 at 5:14 PM.

1. Xbox One S not turning on at all

I’ve had an Xbox One S since 2018, that I’ve taken care of, & have given very light use to. I went to go turn it on a couple weeks ago, and it would not turn on. I have tried many trouble shooting steps, called Xbox support and spoke to a tech, to no avail… Some of the trouble shooting steps I followed were to unplug the Xbox and tried different outlets to ensure it was not the power source, left it unplugged for 20-30 seconds, bought another power cord to make sure it was not a faulty power cord, and have tried different combinations of holding the eject, pair and power button together for 20-30 seconds. I am posting this in hopes of someone who knows about Xboxes to tell me if something similar has ever happened to them and if there’s anything else I could try to resolve this issue. The console will not turn on or make any kind of sound. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/BlackberryNo9812
    [link] [comments]

/u/BlackberryNo9812, Jun 30, 2024 at 5:14 PM
  2. Ginela-908542EA-317B Win User

XBOX SLIM 4K SET UP HELP XBOX CUSTOMER SERVICES WAS RUBBISH SORRY DID NOT HAVE A CLUE NO OFFENCE LOL

What I did was turn off reciver while tv and xbox one s was running, restart xbox one s while reciver was off, tv was on and hdmi chain went thru reciver, tok the check and all checks went green and everything worked, got HDR and 4k, then i just reset my
    xbox one s, turned on my reciver, and all checked out fine and worked fine still. I have yamaha rx-a2050

chers from norway
  3. LeanneD30x Win User

Console switching off

Hi it's the xbox one S

Yes it seems fine that way.

It's now not turning on again at all.

Think time for a new one lol

thanks everyone
  4. MacCraker Win User

Controller refusing to unpair or pair to a system, and pairing to a nonexistant device

Turns out it was somehow trying to connect to either the xbox one s or xbox series s consoles in my house for some reason. Turning them off fixed it.

Sidenote: In all my experiences with wireless xbox controllers (xbox 360, xbox one, xbox series x/s) the sync button needs to be held to be put into pairing mode (quarter ring rotating clockwise /flashing xbox logo), while the button on the console needs a single press, if it helps anyone.
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox one s enciende y luego se apaga (Xbox one s turns on and then turns off)

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you have been having these issues with the Xbox One S turning off suddenly after turning it on.

I would advise going through the troubleshooting provided in the support article that follows to try and get this issue resolved.

Your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One console won't turn on

If the issue persists after all troubleshooting has been attempted, then unfortunately you will need to have the console serviced.

I hope this helps.
  6. F4C3R Win User

Xbox One not turning on at all

Hey guys, just had this problem too and handled it. I've had my XB1 for 6 months and this morning it wouldn't turn on. It would light up, make that 1-up sound and turn right back off after 1-2 seconds. Here's my fix, real simple:

1) Just unplug everything from the back of the console, leave the cables in the wall, TV etc.

2) Play with kitties for a few minutes, or just wait a couple minutes.

3) Plug everything back in and turn it on.

Worked like a charm, first try, high-five. :)
Thema:

Xbox One S not turning on at all

1. Xbox One S not turning on at all - Similar Threads - turning

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  5. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  6. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  7. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  8. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  9. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  10. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...