Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise

Discus and support Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by print(Hello), Apr 9, 2024.

1. print(Hello)
    print(Hello) Guest

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently tried re-setting up my Xbox by connecting my power cable & HDMI, and I tried turning it on, to which no light on the power button came on, however the Xbox made a partial chime noise.

I have tried power cycling it (multiple times), hard resetting it using the sync button & using a different power cable. I've came to the conclusion that it is either an issue with the hard drive being damaged whilst I was moving the Xbox, or the power supply.

There could be other ways to fix this and that's why I'm writing to everyone to find any other potential fixes I could use, as well as how to fix the possibility of my internal components being damaged.

Thank you.

:)

print(Hello), Apr 9, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Print(Hello)! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Xbox One S. Unfortunately its against forum rules to provide self repair help.

If you are getting no power to any part of the console, that would suggest the power supply is at fault. If it was a hard drive error, I would still expect it to power on.
  3. Grimpocalypse Win User

Xbox One X Gears Limited Edition making strange chime noise continuously.

No not the start up noise. It is a noise that happens while the system is running. It is hard to explain, but sounds like a tinging/chiming noise that lasts for a second.
  4. Horizon Shadza Win User

Xbox One Wont Power On

My xbox won't switch on either, i try to but it makes the chime noise and dies :/
  5. Mister Kernel Win User

Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?

Hey there Philly EAGL3S! Thanks for reaching out to us. While there is a feature to turn off the start up chime noise by going so Settings>Power & startup>Power Mode & Startup>Startup Chime.

However, there is no feature to completely disable the chime made when navigating menus or the dashboard on the Xbox One console.

If this is something that you'd like to see changed in the future, please be sure to let us know on our
    feedback site.
  6. IcyFrostPro Win User

Xbox makes loud noise on start up

My xbox one s makes a loud loud noise when start up it stops for about 30 sec and then comes back I try to turn it off but when the xbox is off it is louder than when it was on and now i cant use it for now sometimes i turn it on and it doesn’t make the
    noise but if i turn it off then again in 1hour or 2 then it does it again.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise - Similar Threads - starting making chime

2. My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while...: My mouse started to make sticky key like sounds when I left click multiple times while playing games. It is very annoying and nothing pops up, I just hear the sounds and the mouse is unresponsive...
  3. When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.: Yes t It does 2605c678-999d-4df9-85ef-a5fe47024fc7
  4. xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up: The xsx host always makes an abnormal sound when it starts 29b9c94e-bfe6-456a-856a-22226a9bb10b
  5. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  6. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  7. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  8. My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore: I was playing black ops 2 then my xbox stated making a noise that sounded like a printer printing out a piece of paper then my game crashed I got annoyed at the noise so I turned it off and back...
  9. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.: Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...