XBox One S not showing an option to record longer than 5 minutes

Discus and support XBox One S not showing an option to record longer than 5 minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S with an external hard drive formatted correctly and selected as the capture location. I thought we are able to capture up to an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RadFalcao, Dec 29, 2020.

1. RadFalcao
    RadFalcao Guest

I have an Xbox One S with an external hard drive formatted correctly and selected as the capture location. I thought we are able to capture up to an hour on our external hard drives. The option available is only up to 5 minutes not 1 hour. Is there something
    I did wrong?

:)

RadFalcao, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox One Game DVR Help

No,afraid not.

You would need to buy an separate recording device if you want to record anything longer than 5 minutes at a time.
  3. DATILMANE Win User

Adding 15 to 30 minutes option to the DVR

I'm not asking to change the 30 seconds random clip record just to add the option for people who do want to watch or record longer clips me personally I would like to record one of my madden game's and 5 minutes is to short but maybe 15 or 30 minutes is
    good maybe even 10 minutes but just add it in as a option is all I'm asking.
  4. Skeeter Quill Win User

Xbox One Game DVR Help

There aren't any aftermarket recording apps for the Xbox One. If you want to record longer than 5 mins, your only option, other than buying an external capture card, is to stream to Twitch and switch on "Archive Broadcasts" in your settings on the twitch.tv
    website.
  5. Much25 Win User

Longer Game DVR recordings

Is it 5 mins? I recently recorded a clip that was 9 mins long. Unfortunately, Upload Studio won't let me upload clips longer than 5 minutes.
  6. User_22 Win User

New xbox1 game DVR

I wouldn't mind seeing an option of 5,10,15 or 20 minute recording time. I think anything longer than that, is too much. Those options should give everyone the ability to record a full game match if they wanted to.
Thema:

1. XBox One S not showing an option to record longer than 5 minutes - Similar Threads - showing option record

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

in XboX Insiders
    Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option: Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer. submitted by /u/MissingNerd...
  4. Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, refresh rate option not showing on auto detect overscan. 1440p and 120hz is...: I have a sceptre 1440p 27 inch monitor that supports 165 hz on display port. I used a hdmi to DisplayPort adapter, which supports 2k at 120 hz or more. I can’t choose 1440p and 120 hz at the same...
  5. On Microsoft Flight simulator the Thrustmaster Airbus joystick is not showing as an option...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Microsoft Flight simulator the Thrustmaster Airbus joystick is not showing as an option...: Hi. Having problems trying to install an Airbus Thrustmaster joystick for X Box One S with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Only the standard X Box controller is shown in the Control options section....
  6. MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 Vault (Ultimate) Edition isn’t showing cross gen option: Hey all, I purchased the vault edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 so i could play on my series x and my one x. Since space is tight on my series console I'll sometimes download the xbox...
  7. Xbox app menu only shows 'My Library' and 'Store' as options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app menu only shows 'My Library' and 'Store' as options: Hi, I don't think my app is working properly and I would like to know if there's something that can be done about it. Here's an example: [img] Thank you for your time....
  8. Microsoft balance not showing as payment option?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft balance not showing as payment option?: I have £100 gbp on my Microsoft account. I am trying to buy a pre order game for £90 but it does not show the Microsoft balance as a payment option. Any ideas how to fix please. Xbox series S....
  9. Discord streaming option not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Discord streaming option not showing up: I am on the delta ring and the option for discord streaming isnt there but in the discord section says “talk and stream”, does anyone know how to fix this? I have already reset a couple times too...
  10. Insider update/setting option not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Insider update/setting option not showing up: Recently I have activated the the xbox update preview as ive read online that i would receive the new HUD of the main screen/other apps. After a few weeks/months i still have not received...