Xbox One S game installation question

Discus and support Xbox One S game installation question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to now if the new Xbox One S console game installation is faster or the same as the original. I'm asking this because the Xbox One S... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by troy3569, Jun 24, 2016.

1. troy3569
    troy3569 Guest

Hi,

I would like to now if the new Xbox One S console game installation is faster or the same as the original. I'm asking this because the Xbox One S has a new bluray drive ( 4K ) Is the new bluray disc player speed the same or faster than the current one. Installing
    games from discs has been an issue since day one. Since the announcement of the new console I've been reading all about it but there's no specs about installation speed.

I know there's no graphic or power advantages, apart from HDR which enhances the color depth and fidelity, so the S console is the same as powerful.

:)

troy3569, Jun 24, 2016
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, Jun 24, 2016
  3. installation problem

my xbox one s doesnt take enough space to install games leading to a installation stopped message

CitedUnicorn191, Jun 24, 2016
  4. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest

Alot of the disc install times were caused by the console downloading updates for the game at the same time as installing the game. There is a noticable speed difference if you go offline before installing.

ShaunPerry, Jun 24, 2016
  5. troy3569
    troy3569 Guest
    Thanks for the reply and I know that but there are a lot of games that take like 40 minutes to install even while offline.I own both plattforms and the difference installing from disc is ilke day and night.

troy3569, Jun 25, 2016
  6. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    How many games do you install every day? The amount of time I spend installing (from disc or over the internet) pales in comparison to my game time. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the new uhd blu-ray drives are not going to be significantly
    faster than current blu-ray drives.

Burnin TODI, Oct 31, 2018
  7. ngocphi Win User

Please help new Xbox S and Samsung tv

Better question what console do you have

If it has a disk drive then it's a xbox one s not s series s

Like smwutches said some games cannot be installed on older consoles ot you are just using your tv rather.then console but using the xbox app on your Samsung then no installs aren't available
  8. ShaunPerry Win User

Alot of the disc install times were caused by the console downloading updates for the game at the same time as installing the game. There is a noticable speed difference if you go offline before installing.
  9. Burnin TODI Win User

How many games do you install every day? The amount of time I spend installing (from disc or over the internet) pales in comparison to my game time. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the new uhd blu-ray drives are not going to be significantly
    faster than current blu-ray drives.
  10. troy3569 Win User

Thanks for the reply and I know that but there are a lot of games that take like 40 minutes to install even while offline.I own both plattforms and the difference installing from disc is ilke day and night.
  11. greg_window10_instal Win User

New console

Hello Hampuz,

The short answer to your question "Can I re-install those on my new Xbox One S", is yes. Your games and apps are tied to your Xbox Live account and you should not have any problems using them on your new Xbox One S. For move information see, "Moving
    from the original Xbox One console to the Xbox One S
    ".

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

1. Xbox One S game installation question - Similar Threads - game installation question

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  7. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  8. My games doesn't install

in XBoX on Consoles
    My games doesn't install: I tried to install games but its stuck at 0%. After few seconds it says that installation stopped. What sould i do now? 79c85130-c937-497e-ab15-e71e2c20980b
  9. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  10. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7