Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.

Discus and support Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Day before yesterday I played my Xbox one S as usual. Today I click the button on the controller to start it up as usual, and the Xbox doesn’t start.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oskar Lorentzi Wall, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.

Day before yesterday I played my Xbox one S as usual. Today I click the button on the controller to start it up as usual, and the Xbox doesn’t start. Controller flashes slowly, continuously. I start the Xbox manually, it starts and the controller does not connect. Same with the other controller. I try to pair the console and controllers, it doesn’t work. Controller flashes quickly, Xbox doesn’t react to me using the pairing button. I reboot the Xbox, same issue. How can this happen and what do I do? It’s so rare that I get to sit down for half an hour uninterrupted by the kids and this spring the Xbox has just half the time been unusable, it’s so unstable.

:)

Oskar Lorentzi Wall, Jun 15, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Oskar L. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox is not recognizing your controllers wirelessly.

Not only that, but based on the information you provided, it could be a hardware issue.

However, before considering that, I would like to ask if you tried:

A. Connecting the controller to your Xbox via USB connection.

B. If you have another console next to you, or if you live close to someone that has a console, attempt to pair your controllers on the other Xbox.

C. Power cycling the Xbox

“Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps.
    Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important: If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying “Xbox on,” won't be enabled until you restart the console.”

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

D. Factory reset your console:

Open Settings > System > Console Info > Reset > Select “Keep my games & apps”.

I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Oskar Lorentzi Wall Win User

Okay, embarrassingly - power cycling solved it ;)
  4. 治星野 Win User

Xbox One controller is not working

My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running
    the device troubleshooter, trying to use another USB slot. I also cannot see the controller in the device manager.

It is 1697 model.
  5. W_Hoek Win User

Xbox One s problem connecting to Wireless Controller after last update

I tried everything already in that guide.

My Xbox One S controller is running firmware 3.1.1215.0.

I can't tell if is it the controller or is it the Xbox One S.

My feeling says it is cause by the Xbox One S update of last weekend, cause it was working before.

And also, i did a hard reset and like i wrote before the controller was working wireless, till during the setup it did an update and a restart. After this i could not connect the controller wirelles anymore.
  6. Ringlercorp Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

This moderator is clearly copying and pasting old data from the Xbox One days. This troubleshoot doesn’t work on Xbox Series X or S consoles.

“Cloud saved games” isn’t an option anymore.

I can’t find how to force a cloud sync. I can’t play Starfield on my other console in another room because the data won’t sync.

What’s the point of cloud saving if it doesn’t actually save???
Thema:

1. Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore. - Similar Threads - doesn’t recognize controllers

2. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  3. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  4. High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming: For some reason when I first downloaded high on life for cloud gaming it didn’t work it only said it’s currently unavailable for cloud gaming even though I have ultimate to play it on cloud gaming...
  5. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  6. Xbox One Background Doesn’t Exist?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Background Doesn’t Exist?: Hello, I’m having a problem with my Xbox. I’d like to move the background of my Xbox One (a screenshot) to the background of my new Series X, but I can’t figure out how to do it. The screenshot...
  7. I have a monitor that supports 4K 144 hz but my Xbox series x doesn’t support it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a monitor that supports 4K 144 hz but my Xbox series x doesn’t support it: Recently I got my Xbox Series X. I plugged it into my TV and it allows 4K 120 fps. When I connect it to my monitor, it doesn’t work. It says my monitor is not compatible with 120 fps and 4K. My...
  8. Xbox storage doesn’t add up..

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox storage doesn’t add up..: Hi, i have xbox one with 500 gb of storage. I understand that i only have 365 gb of storage that i could actually use but my question is, my games gb in total are 220 but my account tells me that...
  9. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  10. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3