xbox one s does not turn on with kinect or controller.

Discus and support xbox one s does not turn on with kinect or controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to turn it on with console button. after I do a powercycle it turns on with the controller, but I need its frustrating. Any ideas on how I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bakachelera, Dec 11, 2016.

1. bakachelera
    bakachelera Guest

I have to turn it on with console button. after I do a powercycle it turns on with the controller, but I need its frustrating.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Power mode & startup settings are all configured correctly.

:)

bakachelera, Dec 11, 2016
  2. Wing Sauces
    Wing Sauces Guest
    Xbox one defective controller

Xbox one wireless controller completely defective. Controller does not turn on at all. Tried it with the battery pack, did not work. Tried it with USB charging cable in the Xbox one still does not turn on. Not impressed with xbox one.

Wing Sauces, Dec 11, 2016
  3. NotThatGupta
    NotThatGupta Guest
    Having a issues with Kinect "xbox on" command and "instant-on" feature

I just got the Kinect adapter for my xbox one s, and the voice commands work well with the exception of the "xbox, on" command when the console is turned off. I have "instant-on" turned on in the settings and I have Kinect xbox commands enabled.

Is anyone else experiencing this with Kinect on the Xbox One S?

I am also experiencing issues with the controller staying synced. After the console has been off for a few hours, I try to turn it on using the controller and it doesn't work. I have to turn it on by pressing the button on the console. Also, after a few
    hours of being off, the "instant-on" feature does not seem to work as I have to wait for the xbox to go through the entire boot cycle to turn on (with the green xbox splash screen and everything) and then the xbox goes to my home screen rather than to the
    TV app like I have it set to in the settings.

NotThatGupta, Dec 11, 2016
  4. NENGaming Win User

Unbelievable connection problems with the controller

Hi Light, Does the controller stay turned on or does it switch itself off when trying to connect to your Xbox One? Do you have anything between yourself and your Xbox One that could potentially interfere with the signal between your controller and the console?
    Does your Kinect sensor work okay?
  5. GhostWolfViking Win User

Cheaters

Xbox listen.

Turn off PNSFNEO's controller.

*Kinect listens and turns off the users controller*

Turn off PNSFNEO's Xbox One.

*Kinect listens and shuts down the users Xbox One*

Xbox stop listening.

Lmao. No hackers on Xbox One.

It's just the beta box having system issues.
  6. skys7 Win User

Kinect 2.0 Requires What Exactly?

I will just guess here.

I have 2 possible answers for that. ( It does not mean they are true or logic)

1: Microsoft chose so and that´s why the Kinect must be connected to secure your profile better.

2: Xbox One´s AI is alive for real and need eyes to know its you.

But they said you can turn off the Kinect sensor if you want.

So IF my second idea is true, it would be cruel to turn off Xbox One´s eyes ;)

That´s all I can come up with right now.

I tried to be creative :p
  7. skys7 Win User

PS4 is $510 with Eye and Move, XB1 only $499 for same

They say the sensor for the controller is in the Kinect, not in the Xbox One.

This could be your answer.

You can turn of the cam, the mic but need the Kinect to be on to let you use the controller.
  8. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

1 TV or 2 Movies & TV, errr

Turn her off and go back to using Xbox On, etc. as it's just simply 100 times than Cortana. You want to watch Sherlock Holmes and she goes off searching for "Shear Locks for Homes" "Is that correct". Pain in the hoop.

Had One S since Day One and tried to use Cortana but she is hopeless and who wants to sit with a headset on to change TV channels. Not the brightest idea and really poorly executed along with One S's hardware changes and particularly the moving on IR control
    from Kinect to the console she is truly hopeless.

Maybe better is US (I'm Scottish) but I never have much problem using Xbox instead. You can turn Cortana off in Settings.

Also if using Kinect read this thread
    One S does not change or control TV channels (Solution)

Good Luck
Thema:

1. xbox one s does not turn on with kinect or controller. - Similar Threads - does turn kinect

2. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  3. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  6. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  7. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  8. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  9. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  10. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...