Xbox One S does not cast image after power on

Discus and support Xbox One S does not cast image after power on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have turned my Xbox on this morning and I've noticed that after 5 minutes my TV was still off, so I turned the TV on manually and saw that it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mateo Marjanovic, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Xbox One S does not cast image after power on

I have turned my Xbox on this morning and I've noticed that after 5 minutes my TV was still off, so I turned the TV on manually and saw that it was stuck on the green Xbox One screen. I let it load for about 45 minutes before hard resetting and unplugging for a few minutes. I've done this a couple of times to no avail. I entered the troubleshooting menu by holding the eject and pair buttons and pressing the power button.

The first thing that I've tried is the Factory reset without wiping my data - this showed a "Preparing console..." screen for over 30 minutes before throwing error E102 (e102 00000c0e 8007002). Then I tried the Factory reset with a data wipe which threw the exact same error.

After that I downloaded the OSU1 update from https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu1 and copied it over to a freshly formatted flash drive. I hard reset my Xbox again and tried to update with the OSU, however after just a few minutes into the "Updating" screen it shut off and did not restart. I tried again and this time it got past the "Downloading" step where it completed the download successfully, but it once again failed some time after switching over to the "Verifying" step, throwing error code E101. At this point I was a bit lost, so I tried all these steps again with the ethernet cable unplugged, as it was connected the entire time up to this point, but nothing changed. I also tried another flash drive to no success.

I unplugged it and left the Xbox off for an hour or so, and now I've tried plugging it back in but it doesn't even cast an image anymore. It doesn't matter if you just press the power button or hold eject and pair as it doesn't send any signal either way. It does do the startup and shut down sounds and when you press eject and pair it produces a different chime. Tried hooking it up to one of my PC monitors as well but this also did not yield any results.

I haven't had any external drive plugged in or a disk inserted - only power, HDMI and the ethernet connection that I've later unplugged. I was also using a wired controller connection at the time.

I've suspected the hard drive to have failed, but now I am unsure. I have tried everything that I've found online about this and at this point I'm not sure if I can do anything else about this issue myself, so if there was anything that I could've missed please let me know. Thanks

:)

Mateo Marjanovic, Jun 2, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox One S does not cast image after power on