Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.

Discus and support Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rob Melville, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Rob Melville
    Rob Melville Guest

As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I get notice to switch to keyboard and mouse. Never used keyboard and mouse. And with no control how do I stop this? This has happened to both controllers.

Appreciate any help.

:)

Rob Melville, Nov 13, 2023
  2. FionnClancy Molloy Win User

Mouse and Keyboard on Fortnite

Already have Xbox insider hub. And thanks for the reply. So whats happening is i have my mouse and keyboard plugged in as normal the game loads up, and i cannot see my mouse, i can click start but it thinks im on controller. So if i unplug my controller,
    it will say “controller disconnected” which should not happen as i have a keyboard and mouse so, if i go into s game i csn move around with bot keyboard and mouse, but if i click inventoryi cant see my mouse again. Basically if i plug it thinks im on controller
    but the mouse is plugged in and i cant see the mouse at all.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Rob M, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One S controller and the prompt to switch to a keyboard and mouse, let's try the follow to solve this problem:

1. Connect your controller to the Xbox One S using a USB cable and check for any available updates. To update the controller, go to the Xbox Accessories app on your console and follow the instructions to update the firmware if an update is available.

2. Try re-syncing the controller with your Xbox One S. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on the controller until it turns off. Then, press and hold the pairing button on the front of the Xbox One S console until the Xbox button on the controller starts flashing. Allow them to sync, and the controller should reconnect.

3. Ensure that the batteries in your controller have enough charge. If the battery is low, it may cause connectivity issues. Try using fresh batteries or connect the controller to the console using a USB cable to eliminate any battery-related problems.

4. Keep other wireless devices, such as routers or smartphones, away from the Xbox One S console. These devices can sometimes interfere with the controller's signal, causing connectivity problems.

5. Perform a power cycle of your Xbox One S by turning it off, unplugging the power cord, waiting for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. Turn on the console and see if the issue persists.

6. If you're using a wired controller, try connecting it to a different USB port on the console. This can help identify if the issue is with the USB port itself.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. COL Morrison US Win User

Mouse and keyboard support on Xbox one?

The XBOX One does support Mouse & Keyboard but only for a handful of games at the moment such as Battlefield V which I use a Mouse & Keyboard on one but I switched back to the controller because the were more keys to push than buttons on the controller.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

6. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse. - Similar Threads - disconnects controller saying

2. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  5. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting: Hello all of a sudden my Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during game play i even tried plugging the cable directly into the controller and still starts flashing for...
  8. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  9. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  10. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...