Xbox one s controller overheating problem

Discus and support Xbox one s controller overheating problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I got my xbox one for 1 week. When I installed the batteries in the controller and started to set up the console I found that the battery door... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NicoaraWiliam, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Xbox one s controller overheating problem

Hello. I got my xbox one for 1 week. When I installed the batteries in the controller and started to set up the console I found that the battery door was getting warm to the touch. I immediately opened the door and took put the batteries which were so hot
    by this time I couldn’t hold them, after the light on the controller would blink twice and then shut off. I's a brand new xbox one s controller. What can I do? I'm from romania

:)

NicoaraWiliam, Feb 13, 2017
  2. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    Bold xbox one prediction! At e3

The slim will have the same specs as the Xbox One and hopefully won't have overheating problems due to it's small size.

vgdelta, Feb 13, 2017
  3. BRossi x
    BRossi x Guest
    Xbox one s keeps switching off

Xbox one s keeps switching itself off and is not overheating

BRossi x, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Xbox one s controller overheating problem

That doesn't sound normal at all. The batteries should be barely lukewarm to the touch (even after hours of use), not piping hot!

What kind of batteries were you using that got so hot? Have you tried a new set or different brand of batteries?

Internet Expert, Feb 13, 2017
  5. I used 3 type of battery... Duracel, Varta, and Tochiba... Same problem.

NicoaraWiliam, Feb 13, 2017
  6. Hey there NicoaraWiliam,

As Internet Expert stated, this doesn't sound normal at all. if you just purchased the controller we'd recommend exchanging the controller with the retailer.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 31, 2018
  7. jerbear30ky Win User
  8. Internet Expert Win User

That doesn't sound normal at all. The batteries should be barely lukewarm to the touch (even after hours of use), not piping hot!

What kind of batteries were you using that got so hot? Have you tried a new set or different brand of batteries?
  9. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there NicoaraWiliam,

As Internet Expert stated, this doesn't sound normal at all. if you just purchased the controller we'd recommend exchanging the controller with the retailer.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  10. NicoaraWiliam Win User

I used 3 type of battery... Duracel, Varta, and Tochiba... Same problem.
  11. ChemicalXJoker479 Win User

Has your controller ever overheated before?

I had a very rare occasion once where i plugged my controller in to update when i bought my xbox one S the controller overheated and the controller started smoking , never freaked out so much in my life , took it back to where i bought it and they didnt
    believe me until they smelt smoke coming from inside the controller
Thema:

1. Xbox one s controller overheating problem - Similar Threads - controller overheating problem

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  4. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  5. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  6. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  7. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  8. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  9. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  10. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...