Xbox One S controller not detected by Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One S controller not detected by Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox One S controller for my PC which has the latest Windows 10 Version 1709 and build. Tried a previous build and still didn't work.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HatlessVirus095, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Xbox One S controller not detected by Windows 10

I bought an Xbox One S controller for my PC which has the latest Windows 10 Version 1709 and build. Tried a previous build and still didn't work.

Windows briefly pops up "USB device malfunctioned" when it is plugged in with micro USB. The Xbox Accessories app is not detecting the controller. In Device Manager it shows up only as a generic "xinput compatible hid device" (not "Xbox Controller") - and
    trying to manually update the drivers for this using drivers from Microsoft's update catalogue results in Windows telling me that the best drivers are already installed.

It is not an issue of cables or ports - my ports work and the cables (tested 6) are of the correct data transfer type.

Help appreciated,

H

:)

HatlessVirus095, Jan 7, 2018
  2. Xbox One S Controller Stopped Connecting via Bluetooth

I have two Xbox One S controllers that I use with my PC running the latest update of Windows 10. One controller is a newer Recon Tech edition, and the controller in question is the standard black; both are the One S variant of controllers.

I've been using the black controller for about a year on my Xbox One S (which I no longer own) and on various PCs, and even on my Galaxy S8 (which I also no longer own). Fast forward to about March of this year, I get on my PC to play some games and turn
    on my controller, but find that it is not connected. I go to connect it in the bluetooth settings, but the controller refuses to come up. I remove both of my controllers so that I could reconnect them. Only the Recon Tech controller is detected. The black
    controller fails to show up.

I didn't do much about it and just used the controller by connecting it directly into my computer no problem, and hoped that maybe it was the Windows update at the time and that it'd be fixed somewhere along the future. However, as the controller currently
    still fails to be detected by my computer, I feel I'm missing out on one of it's greatest features, which is complete bluetooth support with Windows 10.

TL;DR: my Xbox One S controller used to connect through bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC, but has recently failed to even be detected by my computer. The controller still works when wired in, and another Xbox One S controller I have can still connect through
    bluetooth, so it must be a problem with the controller. What should I do?

GladBubble90938, Jan 7, 2018
  3. How to connect Xbox one s controller to iPhone 6 plus

You can't, unfortunately.

The Xbox One S controller's bluetooth function was mainly designed for Windows 10 PC users, as Windows 10 (with the Anniversary update) has the necessary drivers to properly interface with the controller, most likely to coincide with the recent "Play Anywhere"
    feature for Xbox One.

With that in mind, Microsoft did not release bluetooth controller drivers for other platforms, so there is no official support of the Xbox One S controller outside of Windows 10.

Internet Expert, Jan 7, 2018
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Accessories app on Windows 10 can't see my Xbox Elite Controller 2

5. TusharKakshapati Win User

Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

I'm Having the same issue. My xbox one s controller works fine while wired, but the windows bluetooth doesnt detect it while wireless. ie adding the controller via bluetooth is not working as its just dont being detected.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

XBOX app on Windows 10 wont recognize XBOX wired controller for XBOX or Windows 10

The Xbox One controller is a plug and play device. If the Windows 10 PC can't detect the controller, it may be due to Windows not automatically updating the controller's drivers. To update your Xbox
    One controller on Windows 10, kindly visit this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

We also recommend checking if there are updates available for your Windows 10 device. See

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Refer to this
    link
    for additional information on how to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC.
  7. AwaKening1 Win User

Xbox Controller Firmware update - Windows does not properly recognise controller anymore

Hello I would like to know if the new update of Xbox series x | s controllers has solved the problems concerning non detection on xbox accessories apps on Windows 10, because I do not have a console for downgrade of the frimware controller, thanks alot
  8. Internet Expert Win User

How to connect Xbox one s controller to iPhone 6 plus

You can't, unfortunately.

The Xbox One S controller's bluetooth function was mainly designed for Windows 10 PC users, as Windows 10 (with the Anniversary update) has the necessary drivers to properly interface with the controller, most likely to coincide with the recent "Play Anywhere"
    feature for Xbox One.

With that in mind, Microsoft did not release bluetooth controller drivers for other platforms, so there is no official support of the Xbox One S controller outside of Windows 10.
Thema:

Xbox One S controller not detected by Windows 10

1. Xbox One S controller not detected by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - controller detected Windows

2. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  7. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  8. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  9. Xbox one controller not being detected on pc on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller not being detected on pc on windows 11: i have resetted my pc, tried 2 other cables, checked for windows updates and still it won't be detected by my pc, i believe the usb is fine since when i take out the batteries it still powers on,...
  10. Playstation 4 controller not detected through USB on HP victus laptop with Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playstation 4 controller not detected through USB on HP victus laptop with Windows 11: Currently the controller will charge if connected via USB to the laptop. However, in settings no device is recognized as being connected. I tried using a wireless mouse in the same USB slot and it...