Xbox One S Controller not connecting to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Xbox One S Controller not connecting to Windows 10 PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to connect my 2016 Xbox One S Controller to my custom-built PC (Windows 10) for a while now, and everywhere i go i always get the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _Kippo, Dec 22, 2023.

1. _Kippo
    _Kippo Guest

I have been trying to connect my 2016 Xbox One S Controller to my custom-built PC (Windows 10) for a while now, and everywhere i go i always get the same answer but it never works.

Whenever i connect the controller to my PC, the controller either buzzes or does nothing, and then nothing happens from there. I have removed the batteries, used at least 10 different micro-usb to usb cords, and the problem still persists. Please help.

:)

_Kippo, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Can I use a Blue Tooth Adapter instead of a Xbox Adapter?

Are you talking about connecting controllers to the PC?

With a USB bluetooth adapter, you can connect one Xbox One S controller to the computer. Bluetooth connectivity requires your computer to be running Windows 10 (with the Anniversary update).

You can read more about bluetooth connectivity
    here
  5. Tomesso Win User

Hi I need help I forgot my control code PIN> xobx one s>

6. Theory of Game Win User

Will PS3 Bluetooth Headset work with Xbox One?

The Xbox One console doesn't support Bluetooth. That headset won't work with the Xbox One in any way.

The new Xbox One controllers (the ones that come with the Xbox One S) have Bluetooth, but that's only used to connect the controller to a Windows 10 PC through Bluetooth.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Controller not connecting to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Controller connecting Windows

2. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  3. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  4. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  5. Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller disconnecting and re connecting Windows 10: Hello, this is gonna be a long story but essentially about a month ago, I was having some Bluetooth problems and my Xbox controller was just disconnecting randomly from my PC and then...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...
  8. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  9. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  10. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...