Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.

Discus and support Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so my xbox one s controller ive had since 2019. Ive updated before. My xbox one s is not an option since it has a hard ware issue(no longer updates no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Richard Alexie, May 7, 2024.

1. Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.

so my xbox one s controller ive had since 2019. Ive updated before. My xbox one s is not an option since it has a hard ware issue(no longer updates no matter how many times i try.) anyway. I updated my xbox one s controller just recently to the latest firmware. Before the firmware update it out of no where would disconnect from my iphone. It was working fine then out of the blue itll blink in the middle of a game which makes it disconnect from my iphone. After i updated to the latest firmware the issue resolved. 2 weeks after i updated the firm ware my controller out of no where would rapidly blink an id still be able to use it for a few seconds when it begins to rapidly blink. Then it shuts off and vibrates. Ive powered cycled it then itd work fine then it starts to do it again. I noticee when i leave it off for a while it starts to work fine for a random amount of time from hours,minutes, to even a few second. It can not revert. I connect it to my pc by usb and itll show it’s connected in the app. Even though it’s connected like this to my laptop it does the same thing. Starts to rapidly blink,turns off after a few second then ends with a vibrate. When trying to revert on the xbox accessories app when i confirm i want to revert the controller i get an error “please make sure your controller is properly connect by usb and try again. Its not a battery issue, ive put fresh ones in and get the same result. I power cycle and get the same result. Would this be a sign that its a hardware issue? Ive opened my controller and inspected everything and it looks all normal with no burn outs or disconnections inside the controller. Im just only guessing because of its age that the hardware is at its end of life. Like the controller seems like its just becoming to the point where it feels like the hardware needs replacing. Im just wanting a second opinion because ive done every trouble shooting method and get the same result. Ive been just trying to make this controller last till i get a backbone one controller for my phone which is hopefully soon. Its just frustrating getting the same result no matter what i do.

:)

Richard Alexie, May 7, 2024
  2. Rostom L Win User

Xbox controller series s/x vibration not working

Hi TomaXBOX2016!

Your Xbox Series X/S controller should still work normally on Xbox One console.

Make sure to change your vibration settings.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings.
    Select Accessibility > Controller, and then select Vibration settings.
    If you have multiple controllers, choose the controller that you want to change and select Configure.
    For an Elite Series 2 controller, select the configuration profile that you want to change, select Edit > Vibration, and then move the sliders to adjust the vibration.
    For an Xbox Wireless Controller, select Turn on vibration to turn vibration on or off.
  3. NewBlacksmurf Win User

controller not vibrating, only in 1 game

Hi, there is a setting in the xbox one to turn on and off controller vibrations but I'm not ruling out Destiny because Destiny also has controller vibration settings.

I'd start with Destiny settings first.
  4. CHEERCHICK35 Win User

Trouble syncing second controller

When holding the sync buttons on the console and controller, the light blinks on the controller as if it is going through the syncing but then the light will start to blink steady or rapidly.........I did insert new batteries.....
  5. Aculeus_ Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

I thought I made a little progress. I uninstalled my Qualcom Bluetooth drivers and installed the "Generic Microsoft Bluetooth Driver."

When I rebooted the controller was on and it automatically connected. It opened the Xbox App to test the buttons, but none of them worked. They did not work in the "Set up USB Controllers" screen either. So I turned the device off, removed the device
    and rebooted. Now when I "Add Device" the PC says the controller is connected. The controller keeps blinking. The status of the device in my Bluetooth settings rapidly switches between "paired" and "connected".
  6. XBF - Amory Win User

XBOX Wireless adapter for windows

Hello there,

This sounds like a familiar problem I had with one of my controllers a while ago. I found that the connection with the wireless adapter was much more reliable.

I recommend you have the PC forget the bluetooth connection with the controller, and have the controller depend only on the connection with the wireless adapter. When you disconnect the controller from the PC, it's possible that it will blink as though it is not connected to anything--this is okay.

Just reconnect to the wireless adapter only, without going through the bluetooth settings on your PC, by:

1. Press and hold the connection button on your controller until the Nexus button blinks rapidly
    2. Press and hold the wireless adapter's connection button until the indicator light on it blinks rapidly
    3. Wait a few seconds for the controller and adapter to find each other, and for the blinking to slow down and stop, indicating a successful connection
    Best of luck, and stay safe! If this doesn't work for you, let us know.
Thema:

Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.

1. Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates. - Similar Threads - controller connects works

2. Xbox Controller connected to pc not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connected to pc not working: So ive connected my xbox controller to my PC and after I try to turn it on the xbox logo just keeps blinking and blinking, how do I fix that so it actually works. (I also don't have bluetooth on...
  3. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  4. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  5. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.: I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting...
  6. Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC: I have recently purchased the Xbox Elite 2 Wireless controller. I use this controller via Bluetooth. The problem is when I play games like Forza 5 on my PC, I do not get any vibrations. The...
  7. My xbox controller is connected but none of the buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is connected but none of the buttons work: I've tried resyncing the controller I've tried the power cycle thing but nothing is working its still connected but none of the buttons or sticks work, it's done this before and doing the power...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller is on and connected but just doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller is on and connected but just doesn’t work: My controller is in by power button, but just won’t work. No inputs result in anything happening. Can’t even hold to turn off 7aed174f-4add-4323-a912-b1888a1d4f2d
  9. Why doesn't my controller work on cloud play even though my pc says it's connected?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my controller work on cloud play even though my pc says it's connected?: I made sure I had everything up to date, I restarted everything, but whenever I open my cloud play games, I cant even get past the Press A To Start screen and no input from my controller does...
  10. Xbox controller not work connected by bluetooth on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller not work connected by bluetooth on PC: Hi,I have Windows 10 pro, version 22H2, Build os 19045.3155 When Xbox controller is connected by USB, it works fine, but when connected by Bluetooth, it is not working at all. Since I can't...