Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset

Discus and support Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was having issues with being signed in and being connected to the internet at the same time so after looking at some answers on here I did a reset... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Coby Erickson1, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset

I was having issues with being signed in and being connected to the internet at the same time so after looking at some answers on here I did a reset that kept my games and apps. Now when I try and sign back in I’m met with a white loading circle that will eventually kick me out as if I haven’t clicked add account. Trying to do it with my phone doesn’t work as it will also kick me out after a minute of loading and ask if my tv code is correct. Since this I’ve power cycled, and left it unplugged over night and I’m still facing this issue. I am also unable to do an offline update as I don’t have access to a computer. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

Coby Erickson1, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Coby my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

It's frustrating to be unable to sign back into your Xbox One S after performing a partial factory reset. Here are some suggestions that might help you resolve the issue:

Network Issues:

Sometimes, network connectivity issues can interfere with account sign-in processes.
    Power cycle your network router and modem.

Unplug both devices from the power outlet.
    Wait for 30 seconds.
    Plug them back in and wait for them to fully boot up.

Connect your Xbox One S directly to your router via Ethernet cable. This can provide a more stable connection compared to Wi-Fi.

Check your internet connection speed. Ensure you have sufficient bandwidth for online functions.

Offline Update:

While you mentioned not having access to a computer, consider checking if you have any friends or family who can help you create a bootable USB drive for offline update.

The offline update can potentially address software issues that might be causing the sign-in problem.

You can find instructions for creating the offline update USB drive on the official Microsoft website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Account Issues:

Verify that your Microsoft account details are correct and haven't been changed or compromised.

Try logging in to your Microsoft account using a web browser or another device.
    If you encounter any issues with your account, contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

Hard Reset:

If the above suggestions don't work, consider performing a hard reset on your Xbox One S.
    Note: This will erase all data and games from your console, so be sure to back up any important data beforehand.

To perform a hard reset, follow these steps:
    Turn off your Xbox One S.
    Press and hold the Bind and Eject buttons simultaneously.

While holding both buttons, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
    Listen for two power-up tones. Release the buttons after the second tone.
    Your Xbox One S will boot to the initial setup screen.

Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your console and add your account.

Additional Tips:

Ensure your Xbox One S is running the latest software update.

Check the Xbox Live service status website for any known outages or maintenance periods that might be affecting sign-in functionality.

Try creating a new Xbox account and see if you can sign in with that. This can help isolate the issue to your specific account.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  3. Mike Man1 Win User

My Xbox has been taking around 10 minutes to get to the green screen and then another 50 to take me to my dash board and then I can’t even play any games

It is a one s I’ll try to do a factory reset very soon thanks for the help but it can’t get to the troubleshooting menu though
  4. colecarter3 Win User

E102 problems major

I have done each of those steps several times. One month after the warranty ended this happened. Am I hearing that since I can’t do the offline update and I can’t even factory reset my Xbox I have to pay $250 to get it factory reset?
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset..

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know what did the customer support told you about the issue?

Also, may I have the exact error message upon attempting to log in to your second account on your Xbox console?

I also want to confirm, are you able to log in to your second account on account.microsoft.com on web browser using a different device?
  6. Rostom L Win User

Does reset and keep my games and apps get rid of accounts?

Hi there!

Yes, doing a factory reset remove your accounts & settings and home Xbox associations also known as game sharing. You will have to manually add your accounts and setup home Xbox again after a factory reset.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset - Similar Threads - can’t add account

2. Can’t add existing email address as a Microsoft account alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t add existing email address as a Microsoft account alias: Trying to add my main email to my other account to sign into my Xbox however I’m constantly receiving the error “There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to...
  3. I can’t add my account to my Xbox after factory resetting, it just brings a loading sign up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t add my account to my Xbox after factory resetting, it just brings a loading sign up...: I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, but now I can’t add my account back onto my Xbox, I’ve been trying to connect to live chat for about 2 hours and it won’t let me request a call back, what should...
  4. I can’t add my credit card in my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t add my credit card in my account: So, i wanna subscribe to game pass for pc but when i tried to use the saved credit card that i’ve subscribed through it multiple times before it gave me a authorization failure massage, so i tried...
  5. Can’t add money to family member’s account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t add money to family member’s account: up until recently I had no problem adding money to my son’s account, which sits under my family group account. He recently got a new Xbox x and set it up as his. Since then I have not been able...
  6. Xbox series S can’t add account or sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series S can’t add account or sign in: Tried everything from this thread nothing has worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-cant-add-account-or-sign-in/2631bfc3-3fba-4bed-a970-7f7b393254ef...
  7. Why can’t I add my account back to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I add my account back to my xbox: I can’t add my account back to my Xbox. I’ve tried resetting the console and it keeps sending back to the Home Screen after spinning wheel , blue screen and back at the beginning. Very frustrating...
  8. Can’t sign in or add account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t sign in or add account: I was playing on the x box when the power went out. Ever since I can’t sign into my account or add a new account. Also everyone under my account cannot sign in either. We even tried on 3 different...
  9. Can’t add old account to new Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t add old account to new Xbox: I go to log in and it asked for me to verify my email and when i do it say data cant be found 21e22970-5a5c-4157-81f0-0151640a03c9
  10. Can’t add funds to account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t add funds to account: Im trying to add funds to my sons microsoft account but keep getting this message Contact Microsoft support We can’t process your payment. Contact Microsoft supportWe can’t process your payment....