Xbox one S blank screen on start up

Discus and support Xbox one S blank screen on start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox crashed in the middle of a game and I had to reset it. Now when I try to turn it on the display just stays blank. I have tried following... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Micepanda, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Micepanda
    Micepanda Guest

My Xbox crashed in the middle of a game and I had to reset it. Now when I try to turn it on the display just stays blank. I have tried following troubleshooting guidelines in the forums (checked the monitor by plugging it into my computer, starting in low resolution mode, starting in troubleshooting mode) all of which were unsuccessful - the screen is just blank even though the xbox appears to be on. Can anyone help me?

:)

Micepanda, Jul 1, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Micepanda! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your console.

Unfortunately, It seems you have already tried the main troubleshooting steps for this kind of problem.

- Power cycle your console

*Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down, then unplug your console for 5 minutes.

- Unplug your monitor for a few minutes.

- Remove all external devices from your console's USB ports.

- Disable all visual enhancement features on your monitor.

- Try using a different monitor/TV and a different HDMI cable.

- I'd also suggest plugging a flash drive with OSU1 into your console, and then booting it to the troubleshooting menu. In some cases, Xbox consoles automatically trigger an offline system update without having to go through the troubleshooting menu. As a last resort, I think this could be worth a try.

For more information and instructions on Xbox offline system updates, please see: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of these steps work, it means your console's problem is hardware-related and for that, it would need to be serviced.

Do you know if your console is still under warranty? if your console is under warranty, repairs would be free of cost. Xbox consoles typically have a warranty period of 1 year after purchase, although this may vary depending on your country of residence. The best way to know for sure if your console is under warranty is by registering it at the link below.

• If you want to check your warranty status and/or issue a service order, click on the next link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Once you have registered your console, click on "See details" and start a service order from the "Device coverage" section.

Note: If your Xbox console or Xbox accessory is no longer covered by your Standard Limited Warranty, you may be eligible for out-of-warranty service for a fee. Please refer to this page for more information on out-of-warranty service orders: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox console

Hello Dillybar54362,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S showing a blank screen when starting up. To troubleshoot this, please check out this article:

Troubleshooting a Blank TV Screen

I hope this helps!
  4. zMufa Win User

xbox one s console problem

My xbox one s goes to green screen on start up and is slow, sometimes it will go to the home screen, but will not let me do anything else (games, apps,etc.). I have tried a soft reset and hard reset but it just goes blank then sometimes back to
    the green screen! Is my console done for? Please help!!
    Hello, Does it stay at the green screen with the xbox logo on it or just a blank green screen?
  5. Princess8607 Win User

I keep getting a blank screen after start up

6. - AJ - Win User

Xbox One X with blank screen on start up

Hi, Sandii77! Thank you for your reply.

• Just for confirmation, is this exactly how you performed the low-resolution mode boot-up sequence?

- If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - While the console is off, press and hold the power button and the EJECT button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Do not let go until the second beep occurs.

• Would you mind giving this a try?

- Switch the override from "Auto-detect" to "HDMI"
    - Go back to the previous screen and select a resolution the new TV supports.
    - Switch the console to the new TV, and check if it comes up on the screen.

Alternatively, try booting your console to low-resolution mode while plugged into the main TV, and then switch it to the new TV.

Please let me know if that makes any difference, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S blank screen on start up - Similar Threads - blank screen start

2. Xbox One X with blank screen on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with blank screen on start up: 3 days ago after absolutely no issues, my son started up his xbox one and got a blank screen. We changed out the HDMI cable but nothing happened. We tried all 3 HDMI ports on the tv. We then...
  3. When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...: When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me back to the home page. 9d38fbc0-3c5c-4827-86a5-368a1972e146
  4. Blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen after start up: After trying to turn on my xbox, all i'm getting is a blank grey screen, it changes to a darker grey when i try and get up the dashboard. I have tried power cycling the console and the same thing...
  5. Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

in XboX Insiders
    Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.: I've had a few occasions since the latest patch, powering the system on only shows the Hi Notification but the screen remains blank/black. No controller inputs seem to work besides one that I'll...
  6. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  7. Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!: Have deleted games - plenty of storage. Very annoying, my little boy had to wait for 24 hours for it to download and is disappointed yet again. Help ! 99d25fb4-e146-4d53-9fd0-f21f3468ed0f
  8. Blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen after start up: I turned on my Xbox but instead of showing me the home screen it just gave me a black screen that kept flickering with the Xbox store icon. I pressed the home button and an error message appeared...
  9. I keep getting a blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting a blank screen after start up: My Xbox starts up as normal but after the green logo screen it just goes blank and the only thing I can pull up is the turn console off menu nothing else will appear. Need some help...
  10. Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console: I was visiting a friends this weekend a brought my Xbox One with me. Upon returning home, and reconnecting it to my usual TV, my TV is displaying a "No Signal" message on my usual HDMI input. I...