Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please

Discus and support Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one s and i also have gigabit internet speed but its like my xbox is not reconizing the speed, even when i do an ookla speedtest in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan-McMacNeil-MacNeil, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please

I have an xbox one s and i also have gigabit internet speed but its like my xbox is not reconizing the speed, even when i do an ookla speedtest in the internet explorer app i get around 160 or so download and 260 upload,..........if i do a network speed test i only get 80 mbps and 15 to 25 upload speed. how do i get better download speed and upload speed?? is the machine itelf at fault? I see videos on youtube of people running those network tests and acheiving much higher speeds on there xbox one......why can i not get it.. and yes this is a cat 6 ethernet cable being used from the homehub3000 modem/router combo......? any help please would be appreciated as i cannot contact xbox them selves about it/

:)

Ryan-McMacNeil-MacNeil, Feb 9, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Ryan-McMacNeil-MacNeil, I hope everything is going well!
    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. smileskybird Win User

Every Update why?

Get Fibre Optic Broadband. Downloading at ADSL speeds is slow. Fibre Optic should enable you to download Updates at super fast speeds.

I agree updates for Xbox and on your PC can get annoying. AVG wants an update. Adobe flash wants an update. Windows wants an update. There's even an update for my smartphone and our homes broadband modem. Fibre Broadband will help get it over and downloaded
    quickly. Get VDSL if you can otherwise, VDSL is roughly up to 3x faster downloading and up to 9x faster at uploading. Uploads at ADSL speeds for me is like 0.9mb/s and download around 8mb/s. That uploading speed is almost as bad as dial-up.

Something peps with an Xbox 1 need to get use to is larger update sizes. This is because of the extra graphics and texture details which go into Xbox 1 games which may help the games to perform and look better or adding things to a game.
  4. aBrownMINDFREAK Win User

recommended internet speed for xbox one?

Quick question guys, what is a good upload/ download speed. I go to my detailed network statistics in these settings on my xbox one and it says I have a download speed of 73.50 Mbps and Upload Speed of 24.08 Mgps. download packet loss 0%, upload packet
    loss 1%, and MTU 1480, Latency 52ms. Is that good? I have no idea. sometimes my download speed is as high as 95 Mbps. I don't know if that's good or bad. Any response would be great thanks.
  5. AUSTIN PWER Win User

XOX/ XSX slow internet connection

Hey RafalRafalski

I think the issue is that, if your total download speed for you internet is "60Mb/s. Upload 8 Mb/s,"

and you connect a PC that uses 40Mb/s, a PC that uses 10Mb/s, and then another PC that uses 10Mb/s,
    your download speed will be maxed out. Each device will use the download speed until your Modem/Router is at it's limit.

The solve for this would be to call your internet provider, and increase your internet bandwidth.

I hope I helped solve this problem, please reply if you need more answers!
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

My terrible upload speed, HELP anyone please

I am a streamer & Since 5 days ago, my upload speed has gone from 20 mb/s down to less than 0.5mb/s. I have isolated the problem to my Xbox one. My tablet has 20mb/s upload speed right now. I plugged a laptop into the same cord my Xbox one uses
    for internet & it's getting 20mb/s upload speed. I also put my xbox one in wireless mode to be sure & it's getting the same less than 0.5mb/s upload speed. I've done hard resets on both the Xbox one & modem & the problem persists. I've also put two problem
    reports in through my xbox but because of the terrible upload speed it says it will put these in the queue & send them at a convenient time, I'm still not sure they have even been sent yet. Great job xbox :/ Help me anyone Please, this is interfering with
    my income & my life greatly 😢
    Is it only on the xbox or network wide.
Thema:

1. Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please - Similar Threads - bad download upload

2. Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741: Hello, I recently bought a used 360 and I cannot download my Xbox Live Profile. I have tried deleting profiles, clearing the cache, formatting the HD, redoing the initial settings and have changed...
  3. Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...: Based on your question, “I have 1Gibt down and up wired connection some games download at 60 mbit but others like snowrunner download at like 2mbit and it seems to be most of them are that way a...
  4. Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC: As the title suggest for some reason the Xbox Beta App is downloading games EXTREMELY slow. Like Im getting 5MB/S which is not what my internet should be getting seeing as i can go download...
  5. Really bad Download speed and ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Really bad Download speed and ping: Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox) I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told my my internet to get their router/modem....
  6. Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one): So recently i've only been getting half my download speed and 40+ms ping when doing the speed test on xbox which is really effecting my gameplay. When i do a speed test on my PC which is run...
  7. Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume: I understand why the Series X throttles download speeds while playing a game but speeds are throtteled even when you go to the dashboard if you have even one game on quick resume. The network...
  8. : Good download and upload but bad ping

: Good download and upload but bad ping: : Good download and upload but bad ping Lately ive been having ping issues and i have no idea why i have around 300 download mbps and 30 upload but for some reason i have around 70-80 latency does...
  9. Ark Download being extermely bad

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Download being extermely bad: I've been downloading ARK on my laptop multiple times and this issue has happend for the second time. I've been download ark there is around like 2.5gb left it says 139GB out of 140.6GB. I had to...
  10. : XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency

: XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency: : XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency so, maybe your WLAN Connection (try a Cable) or it is your ISP 433ebfd2-bad7-45b1-8b87-6fc4d575d845