Xbox One S Auto Shutdown with Wired Ethernet Connection

Discus and support Xbox One S Auto Shutdown with Wired Ethernet Connection in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox One S has a habit for automatically shutting down only once I hook in the wired Ethernet cable. The unit is not overheating, a common... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by thangz53, Jan 8, 2018.

1. thangz53
    thangz53 Guest

My Xbox One S has a habit for automatically shutting down only once I hook in the wired Ethernet cable. The unit is not overheating, a common auto-shutdown culprit, because the only instance in which the unit shuts off unannounced is when I plug
    in the Ethernet cable and begin using any internet service (e.g. video streaming, online gaming, etc).

The wireless connection is flawless, and the wired connection also functions normally, up until the moment the unit shuts down unexpectedly. If anyone has any ideas, please send them forth.

:)

thangz53, Jan 8, 2018
  2. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Backward Compatibility

Also you don't switch wifi it just auto detects and connects. Just buy an extra ethernet wire super cheap. Also why you going between ethernet and wifi with your consoles, pick one or the other.

I think he's just trolling.

cross44, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Messiah Ward
    Messiah Ward Guest
    Download Speeds/Connection Speeds being THROTTLED. Multiple Contacts, NO help so far.

Hi Miss Bijoux!

I'm with Rogers. I pay for 100Mbps speed internet. My Xbox One S is wired to the modem. The modem is a Hitron 3.1, the latest model.

As far as troubleshooting:

Resetting the modem, new modem, wired connection, wifi connection, new ethernet cables, Xbox hard reset, Xbox factory reset, Alternate MAC clear, manual DNS, port forwarding, UPnP, DMZ, clearing blu-ray cache, full power cycle, manual IP, auto IP, static
    IP.

Messiah Ward, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Battered Puppy Win User

I have no option to connect to a wired network just wireless

The auto switch to Wired is normal when the wired connection is detected. Is it switching itself between wireless and wired? Is anything else between the Xbox and the router on the wired connection? Network switch, hub, ethernet over power adapter, etc?
  5. Messiah Ward Win User

Download Speeds/Connection Speeds being THROTTLED. Multiple Contacts, NO help so far.

Hi Miss Bijoux!

I'm with Rogers. I pay for 100Mbps speed internet. My Xbox One S is wired to the modem. The modem is a Hitron 3.1, the latest model.

As far as troubleshooting:

Resetting the modem, new modem, wired connection, wifi connection, new ethernet cables, Xbox hard reset, Xbox factory reset, Alternate MAC clear, manual DNS, port forwarding, UPnP, DMZ, clearing blu-ray cache, full power cycle, manual IP, auto IP, static
    IP.
  6. ProBluecheese21 Win User

Xbox one s network connection issues

The only thing that worked for me was buying an ethernet cable and establishing a wired connection to the Xbox S. This is a common issue with the Xbox S as far as I can tell. Most any category ethernet cable should work. The higher the category, the faster
    the connection.
  7. MRizkBV Win User

i need help on getting started on my xbox one s. it starts over when i enter the wifi password

Are you on Time Warner / Spectrum?

They seem to be using equipment that is not compatible with the Xbox One S console. Please connect your console using an Ethernet cable (wired) instead.
  8. Dobo-76163B64-A063-4 Win User

Error code 80151901

I thought it may have been my ethernet cable because my Xbox One can't connect wired, but can connect through wireless, so I tried using a different ethernet cable and it didn't fix it. I used to be able to sign into Xbox Live on both my Xbox 360 and Xbox
    One wired, but it stopped working about a month ago and I haven;t changed anything on my modem, it's weird :S
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Auto Shutdown with Wired Ethernet Connection - Similar Threads - Auto Shutdown Wired

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only: My Xbox One X Occasionally auto shuts down and when rebooted gives the overheating warning..........Now I can play apex legends for 5 hours straight with no issues my son plays Fortnite for 30mins...
  4. YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown: Hello, I use my xBox to watch stuff to fall asleep to every night as well as for gaming. I have auto shutdown set to kick in after an hour of inactivity which works on other media apps like...
  5. Xbox Auto Shutdown? 01-15-20 5:35p

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Auto Shutdown? 01-15-20 5:35p: Need some help and hopefully this can be seen by a support/technical staff member. In the middle of playing Halo2 with the improved graphics and my Xbox just randomly shuts down? I noticed some...
  6. Auto shutdown problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto shutdown problem: hi, I like to do my downloads overnight as my broadband is not the fastest. I set the box to auto shutdown after 1 hours inactivity. The problem is that downloads are not seen as an activity so...
  7. 自动关机 [Translation - Auto shutdown]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    自动关机 [Translation - Auto shutdown]: 新买的XBOXONES一玩游戏就自动关机 [Translated - The newly bought Xboxones automatically shuts down as soon as he plays the game] 04bd759f-958b-43ea-a581-d447a6ee2883
  8. Auto shutdown problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto shutdown problem: hi, I like to do my downloads overnight as my broadband is not the fastest. I set the box to auto shutdown after 1 hours inactivity. The problem is that downloads are not seen as an activity so...
  9. 360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed: Hi all, This is a bit of a "non-issue" but I'd be interested in a solution none the less. I have the Auto-Shutdown feature enabled and set to 1 hour. If I leave my 360 on whilst downstairs or...
  10. Auto-shutdown broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto-shutdown broken: My 360 has developed a problem with the auto-shutdown feature. My console is set to shut down after one hour of inactivity. But it is not fully shutting down. The console looks like it's fully...