Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

Discus and support Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steve Arthur1, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

Howdy

Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when playing his games

My main questions are, as i have hooked directly up to the Xbox via a optical Toslink cable, I’m now trying to get it working its best and utilise the bars 11 speakers for some spacial sound

The Xbox speaker Audio settings for optical are the following

*stereo uncompressed
    *Dolby digital
    *DTS digital surround

In the General audio setup screen it also gives me the option of Dolby digital or stereo uncompressed

Most threads I’ve seen talk about selecting bitstream out etc but I don’t have this as an option, might be for a different region possibly?

What should I be selecting to get the best sound from the soundbar and some simulated surround sound please

Thanks

:)

Steve Arthur1, Apr 30, 2024
  2. DEACON Win User

Soundbars

what do you guys with soundbars have your Xbox One audio settings on? Stereo Uncompressed?
  3. SuperVogon Win User

Missing Xbox one dash sound effects using soundbar

One option is to try another audio setting on the Xbox and see if that makes any difference.

If you go into Settings -> Display & Sound -> Audio Output. Then Look at at your Optical audio settings. If it is set to bitstream and you switch the Bitstream format to Dolby Digital or DTS, does that make any difference?

Otherwise, are there options for adjusting the tone on the soundbar? It's possible that tweaking the EQ/tone on the soundbar will reveal the missing sound.
  4. SandM1tch Win User

Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI

For reference, HDMI ARC is meant for a TV to send the sound it receives from something like its digital TV tuner "upstream" to your soundbar.

The way you have it set up physically is correct, just that its not depending on ARC (Xbox One audio gets stripped from the HDMI cable by your soundbar and sends the video onto your TV).

Try changing the audio setting on the Xbox One to Stereo Uncompressed, make sure the soundbar isn't muted, etc. Maybe your Soundbar doesn't support 5.1 uncompressed, but 5.1 compressed Dolby Digital or DTS.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV Sharp. What setting do I need to choose?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

First, make sure your Xbox One is connected to your TV via HDMI.

Next, connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable.

On your Sharp TV, go to the audio settings menu and select "HDMI Audio Output."

Select the HDMI port to which your Bose Soundbar is connected.

Once the HDMI connection is established, the audio from your Xbox One should be routed through your TV and into your Soundbar.

Now, you should be able to control the volume of your Bose Soundbar using your Xbox One remote.
  6. number1kgfan Win User

Blu-Ray App and Bitstreaming

I have the same question. I use my Xbox One to watch Blu-rays, but I want the best audio experience on my VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers. Which optical audio settings are Xbox One audio settings are best to
    watch a Blu ray like Inception?
Thema:

Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

1. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar - Similar Threads - audio settings soundbar

2. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  3. So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings: You go to settings the follow this GENERAL>VOLUME & AUDIO OUTPUT> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS> MUTE SPEAKER AUDIO WHEN HEADSET ATTACHED I am posting this because I have seen a few people posting about...
  4. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  5. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  6. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  7. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  8. Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X: I play on my xbox with only one ear bud in at any time and cannot hear my party over the game. I'd like for the game audio to come out of the television only and chat audio to come out of my...
  9. How to set up headset audio?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to set up headset audio?: Please someone actually tell me what to do. Because all the other answers is from like 2 years ago. How do i set up my audio to be in my headset when i play a game, i have tried literally...
  10. : Set the wrong device for the audio receiver setting.

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Set the wrong device for the audio receiver setting.: : Set the wrong device for the audio receiver setting. No worries. Could you tell me what model your receiver is and how exactly are you trying to connect it to your Xbox?...