Xbox One S audio rear surround sound bleed leak to front speakers

Discus and support Xbox One S audio rear surround sound bleed leak to front speakers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is actually covering both Xbox One and the new Xbox One S. I have 2 completely separate systems connected different ways and noticed it with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FORSTWHITE, Mar 5, 2017.

1. FORSTWHITE
    FORSTWHITE Guest

This is actually covering both Xbox One and the new Xbox One S. I have 2 completely separate systems connected different ways and noticed it with my older xbox only because I'm now aware of it. I've seen several posts going back years but no solution and
    it obviously has carried over to the new model. Using any 5.1 audio test source, I'm using the one Netflix has called Test Patterns because it allows me to test from the xbox then easily switch over to the smart TV's Netflix app, etc... When you play the 5.1
    test pattern, sound distinctly comes out the front right, center, and left channels perfectly fine. However when the test sends sound to the rear surround right and left channels you can also hear the sound coming out the right and left front channels. In
    other words from the xbox, sound is "bleeding" out the front channels and not distinctly coming out the rear speakers.

I can switch from my xBox Netflix test patterns to my Samsung smart tv Netflix test pattern and the sound from the Samsung TV does not bleed through to the front speakers. I can use the receivers surround test and it does not bleed through. I've tried multiple
    configurations (direct hdmi to receiver, hdmi arc through tv to receiver, etc) and settings from this system and also on my older xbox, different tv, different receivers, different surround system etc and both xbox's show the same problem of surround sound
    bleeding through to the front.

On another note there is also an audio issue where the xbox one s does not allow you to choose hdmi when connected to a smart tv using ARC that goes back to the receiver, throws an auto detect failure error and forces you to choose bitstream even though
    the tv will pass through any signal sent to it. Seen no update on this audio related issue either!

:)

FORSTWHITE, Mar 5, 2017
  2. Phoenix6099
    Phoenix6099 Guest
    Rear Speaker Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound Using Optical Cable

Looking for any help resolving an issue with my rear speakers and subwoofer not working with my new XBox One S.

I originally had an Xbox 360 running audio and visual output through an HDMI cable to my television, then had red and white A/V cables going from my television's audio output to my Blu-Ray/Surround Mixer combo's input.

With the new console, we were only getting sound out of the left and center speakers, so we bought an optical audio cable, which is now running between the Xbox One S and the Blu-Ray/Surround Mixer combo. This has given us full range stereo between the left
    front, center, and right front speakers, but no rear audio or low range through the sub.

As far as settings go, I have the HDMI audio off, Optical audio set to bitstream out, and Bitstream format set to DTS Digital Surround.

It's worth noting that my Blu-Ray combo doesn't have an HDMI input, only SPDIF and A/V inputs.

Phoenix6099, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Problems with 5.1 and Xbox One

Hello,

I just brought a Yamaha RX-V520 RDS 5.1 receiver and wanted to be able to use it with my Xbox One to provide surround sound for gameplay, movies and music.

The problem I'm having is that the audio seems to be in 2.1 rather than 5.1.

The sound feed from the Center Speaker goes to the Front Left and Front Right Speakers, the sound feed from the Left Rear goes to the Front Left and the sound feed from the Rear Right goes to the front right.

Sound DOES come from the tears but very very very quiet, the majority of the sound comes from the fronts and the sound in the rears is a copy of what is playing out of the fronts.

For connections I have:

Audio: Optical going from Xbox One to Receiver.

Video: HDMI going from Xbox One to TV.

The settings on the xbox are set to surround sound and the amp is set up for surround sound.

Also, I have tested my speakers on a completely different amp and everything was fine so not sure what to do.

Any ideas?

CourtneySmith_, Mar 5, 2017
  4. ramitimeout
    ramitimeout Guest

i am having the same issue as yours, except, the sound bleeds to the other surround speaker,, on the Neflex test pattern, the sound from the left surround channel will bleed into the right surround channel and vis versa.. i have the xbox one x connected
    deerfly to my surround sound receiver.

i have tried all the audio out options on the xbox, uncompressed, bitstream, dobly digital, and DTS, the surround bleed is in all the issues

This does not happen when i play the Netflix test through my Samsung smart tv

did u find any fix ?

for your second issue, i believe Samsung TVs do not pass through 5.1 surround sound from an HDMI in to an HDMI ARC out. if you put in 5.1 in HDMI in, you will only get 2 channels out of HDMI ARC. other tvs do not have this issue, but Samsungs do

ramitimeout, Nov 26, 2017
  5. ramitimeout Win User

i am having the same issue as yours, except, the sound bleeds to the other surround speaker,, on the Neflex test pattern, the sound from the left surround channel will bleed into the right surround channel and vis versa.. i have the xbox one x connected
    deerfly to my surround sound receiver.

i have tried all the audio out options on the xbox, uncompressed, bitstream, dobly digital, and DTS, the surround bleed is in all the issues

This does not happen when i play the Netflix test through my Samsung smart tv

did u find any fix ?

for your second issue, i believe Samsung TVs do not pass through 5.1 surround sound from an HDMI in to an HDMI ARC out. if you put in 5.1 in HDMI in, you will only get 2 channels out of HDMI ARC. other tvs do not have this issue, but Samsungs do
  6. strykerzr350 Win User

No 5.1 surround sound during Watch Dogs

Problem solved. I swapped over the sound settings to "bitstream out" and changed the signal to DTS Surround Sound. Now I have sound coming out of my rear speakers. Watch Dogs has a very weak rear audio track.
  7. strykerzr350 Win User

Watchdogs Sound Issue

I have not had that issue. I have an issue with the game not being in surround sound. The game just works through my left and right speaker, subwoofer and center speaker. No rear audio whatsoever.
  8. KojakLives Win User

Surround sound bug/issue? Rear speaker audio mixed with front speakers

I've encountered the same issue, e.g. when the rear right speaker is emitting it's test signal I can hear some sound coming from the front right as well (albeit at a reduced volume). I'm using an HDMI matrix that extracts the 5.1 audio and passes it via
    optical to my Logitech Z906. I’ve tried to rule out as many issues as possible, but it does seem that Xbox One cannot process 5.1 DTS/DD correctly. I've tried the following tests and all exhibit the same audio issue:

Confirmed that the Xbox One is set to output uncompressed 5.1 bitstream, and I've tried using DTS as well as Dolby Digital.

The HDMI matrix EDID is set to 5.1

The amp confirms that it's decoding a 5.1 DTS or Dolby Digital signal

Tried a different Xbox One (Xbox One S)

Switched HDMI cables with ones known to work in this setup

Switched to using a port on the HDMI matrix known to work in this setup

Connected the Xbox One to the amp directly with optical cables known to work in this setup (thus ruling out the HDMI audio extraction technique used by the matrix box)

Connected the Xbox One to the TV via HDMI and the amp via Optical (thus ruling out the HDMI matrix box completely)

Connected the Xbox One to the TV via an EDID manager set to 5.1 multi-channel audio, and the amp via Optical (thus ruling out any EDID confusion between the Xbox One and TV)

Switched the Logitech Z906 to a Logitech Z680 system I have in my den.

Run the test on something known to work, e.g. PS3, and piped it through the Xbox One’s HDMI passthrough (hdmi passthrough is set to surround sound)
  9. Unwr1tt3n360 Win User

Surround sound bug/issue? Rear speaker audio mixed with front speakers

Yeah, this needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm just surprised it's not widely spoken about. It annoys me a lot.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S audio rear surround sound bleed leak to front speakers - Similar Threads - audio rear surround

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Fuzzy Party and UI Audio Glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fuzzy Party and UI Audio Glitch: I’ve had my Xbox Series X for about 3 years now and in mid 2023 until now, me and many others I know have had a glitch where the Audio for the UI, Parties, and media Apps such as YouTube or...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  6. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  7. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  8. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...
  9. Audio kabel type for A/V output connector on rear side of the XBOX360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio kabel type for A/V output connector on rear side of the XBOX360: Could you please advise which type of the cable should I use for audio output from XBOX360 to digital/analog switch? I try to use digital coax cable but it can´t fit to connector on rear side of...
  10. Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue: So I've been testing a series of audio options for my Xbox one x and have been getting more and more confused. First my set up. Xbox One > HDMI IN "HW-MS650 Samsung Soundbar (with wireless...