Xbox one S 4k Youtube

Discus and support Xbox one S 4k Youtube in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hey Everyone, I have a minor inconvenience... I have a vizio e50x-e1. I know it's not the best 4k TV and it doesn't have hdr, but I seem to not be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Super Kienzan, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Xbox one S 4k Youtube

hey Everyone, I have a minor inconvenience...

I have a vizio e50x-e1. I know it's not the best 4k TV and it doesn't have hdr, but I seem to not be able to play youtube or netflix at 4k through the xbox one s app.

Here are the specs for hdmi 1 slot:

600MHz pixel clock rate: 2160p@60fps, 4:4:4, 8-bit | 2160p@60fps, 4:2:2, 12-bit | 2160p@60fps, 4:2:0, 12-bit

The slot is hdcp 2.2 also. Does anyone know what kind of hdmi cord comes with the xbox one s? I seem to not be able to play at 4k 10 bit at all, even if I put the full uhd option on in the TV options. I am, however, able to cast netflix and youtube at 4k
    through the chromecast built in.

Do I need another type of hdmi cord other than the one that comes with the xbox one s since this is a 2017 lower end model? Any suggestions?

:)

Super Kienzan, Apr 1, 2018
  2. LunusUK
    LunusUK Guest
    4K YouTube on One S

I have just seen the YouTube app updated recently and got excited as I thought finally 4K on YouTube! After loading a video that says it's 4K I see it's still only streaming HD.

I have read that the Xbox one X has the 4K support but don't look like the One S has, What gives? I recently traded in my O.G One for the S for the reason to stream 4K and watch 4K discs but only the X has the 4K YouTube, when is the S getting the 4K YouTube
    support? Hoping it's soon as if this is a limited X feature then that is pathetic as we all know the S can output 4K and HDR so this would just be Microsoft trying to push newer hardware, understandable as they are a company to make money but shunning features
    away from a just 1 year model makes me lose more faith in them.

Sorry for the essay but wanna know when S is getting the 4K streaming on YouTube as been dying for this feature!

LunusUK, Apr 1, 2018
  3. fishLuke
    fishLuke Guest
    When will the YouTube app support 4K video on Xbox One S?

The Xbox One S is fully capable of playing 4K video and the YouTube app even indicates when a video is 4K, however videos only play at a maximum of 1080p. I have no problem playing 4K video on my other devices so when will the YouTube app be updated
    to play 4K?

fishLuke, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Xbox one S 4k Youtube

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue. The HDMI cord that comes with the Xbox One S is the same grade that comes with the Xbox One X. Regardless, only the Xbox One X can stream true 4K video. Thank you.

Mister Taurus, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

plenty of 4k content on youtube and they play at 4k fine on my one s.
  6. VexingBubbles23 Win User

Youtube 4K update - NO HDR support

Hi

But in spite of the difference of the codec version, can you see 4k videos in youtube in your Xbox one S?
  7. DarkVamp76 Win User

4k video on you tube

Youtube offered an update for the PS4 PRO just in time for the release. Its a shame that google won't release a patch for the Xbox One S to support 4k. We bought an 4k streaming console and the only app that supports 4k is NETFLIX :-(
  8. Rounders Wrath Win User

XBox One S supports 4k, but Netflix/Amazon doesn't recognize, Plex/MediaPlayer just a green screen with audio

Same problem here as well. Also no 4k on Youtube. Also upset that I can not set the xbox display setting to 1080p and the "allow 4k" box checked, and still get 4k netflix. It will not show the 4k content on netflix unless xbox display setting is set to
    4k. I don't want the xbox to upscale all my content especially my tv signal. This was listed as a feature on xbox.com (along with amazon and youtube 4k streaming). ALL IN ALL VERY DISAPPOINTED IN XBOX ONE S!
  9. TRCShadowBoxing Win User

Youtube 4K update - NO HDR support

Hi

But in spite of the difference of the codec version, can you see 4k videos in youtube in your Xbox one S?
    Nope
Thema:

Xbox one S 4k Youtube

1. Xbox one S 4k Youtube - Similar Threads - Youtube

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.

in XboX Insiders
    Hi ! Will Youtube Music be available on Xbox soon? Thanks.: Suggestion, Youtube Music submitted by /u/Old_Meal4490 [link] [comments]
  6. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  7. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  8. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  9. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  10. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...