XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Discus and support XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello to all, as in the subject: I have a XBOX ONE-S with an internal 1Tb disc. My question is if it is possible to connect an external USB disc... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giovanni_77, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Giovanni_77
    Giovanni_77 Guest

XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Hello to all,

as in the subject: I have a XBOX ONE-S with an internal 1Tb disc. My question is if it is possible to connect an external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Searching on the internet, I already read that it is definetly impossible with the "All Digital Version", but it is not my case.

My question is related to the fact that sometimes thirdy party vendors offer special discount for disc games version (stated as compatible to XBOX ONE-S) that don't contain any digital reedimable code. How can I play that disc games?

Thank you in advance for your replies,

:)

Giovanni_77, Aug 31, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?
    It is not possible to use a USB disc reader with the console. You will only be able to play digital games purchased from the Microsoft Store or in digital code from third-party resellers.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Because as mentioned xbox one s does have a disk drive just not yours

Xbox one Xbox one s xbox one x xbox series x ps5 disk edition ps4 ps4 fat ps4 pro ps5 disk edition all have disk drive

Xbox one s digital and series s ps5 digital don't

usb disk drives DONT have security chips that consoles have

When you mean discounts then you mean the retailers are having clearance

Publishers rarely have sales on disk only

And retailers control prices at store not the publishers unless it is a publisher sale which case it would also apply to digital

Stores do this to clear shelfs of low selling games to clear shelf space for higher selling games even at a loss

Stores buy disks from a distributor that money already went to the publisher if the store has 20 copies of a game and they only sold 5 and a hot game comes out and they want to sell a hundred of them for profit they will take a small loss selling 15 for 20% less to make profit on the lesser selling game to makr room for the higher newer game

Digital marketplaces 30% goes to the digital store xbox epic steam etc

And the rest goes to the publisher
  4. Giovanni_77 Win User

Hello,

Yes, my XBOX ONE-S version is however a digital version (I normally download games from the store with reedimable codes), but I read about an "all digital version" without internal hard-disk and here I'm supposing (or hoping) in different rules for external USB the data storage support/compatibility.

Anyway, your answer confirm me that I can't, but I continue to be confused about the thirdy party vendors that sells disc games claiming for XBOX ONE-S compatibility.... It is impossible to play without a digital code!

Thank you anyway...
  5. ngocphi Win User

Huh

You mean the xbox one s digital ?

Then no the same rules apply

As it would also be digital only

There are two versions of the xbox one s

Digital only and disc version disk version is the plainly labeled xbox one s

Vs the digital only it's the xbox one s digital
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Is there a way to load discs in without putting one disc in at a time?

I think the answer here is No. Not 100% sure on the question though.

Are you asking is there a way to "stack" more than one disc in the reader? The Xbox only has the one disc reader and it only holds one disc at a time.

Are you thinking of connecting an external disc reader on USB and hoping to queue things that way? Don't know that will work based on drivers being needed.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games? - Similar Threads - 1Tb possible connect

2. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  3. My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this: all started when I restarted my xbox 5a2da785-6391-471c-a5d1-b0ec5a325209
  4. My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.: Hi, I recently upgraded my Xbox One S to a 1TB SSD, specifically a one made by Kingston, due to the old HDD dying on me all of a sudden. After formating the new drive to NTFS as instructed on the...
  5. Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...: Xbox one s new mother board came with DVD daughter board. Using 1 tb hard drive . Getting error E101-000005048B050041 .Have tryed 3 500 HD and 2 1tb HD, reassembled DVD to check cables etc still...
  6. Can I change my 1TB internal hard drive for a 2TB internal hard drive on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I change my 1TB internal hard drive for a 2TB internal hard drive on my Xbox One S?: Can I change my 1TB internal hard drive for a 2TB internal hard drive on my Xbox One S? 104150e3-ede8-4073-95d9-fc09731538bb
  7. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  8. Trade in Xbox One x 1tb hdmi port doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trade in Xbox One x 1tb hdmi port doesn't work: Can I trade in my 1x 1tb with fault hdmi f8b33c80-dabe-4cce-befb-57d471eef721
  9. Xbox series x 1tb space version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x 1tb space version: my xbox x over heats doesn't matter what game im playing its the 1tb version it keeps telling me to keep it ventilated but i have a cooler system top and bottom designed for cooling but anyway it...
  10. Should my Xbox Series S 1TB say 407GB free of 1000GB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should my Xbox Series S 1TB say 407GB free of 1000GB?: I have a question and it might be silly but I'm not well versed on this topic. Basically I purchased a new Xbox Series S 1TB, but today I looked at how much space was left on it via the mobile app...