Xbox One requires me to insert discs twice before reading. How can I fix this?

Discus and support Xbox One requires me to insert discs twice before reading. How can I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My original Xbox One forces me to insert the disc twice before it reads it. A minor issue but I’d like to correct it if I can. I tried few things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by godlyartist, Sep 28, 2023.

1. godlyartist
    godlyartist Guest

My original Xbox One forces me to insert the disc twice before it reads it. A minor issue but I’d like to correct it if I can. I tried few things already but nothing seemed to work. Besides switching to power save, holding the disc as it goes into the console, power cycling/ rebooting, is there any setting or technique I can employ to make it read my discs right away without inserting, ejecting and inserting again?

:)

godlyartist, Sep 28, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm happy to help.

This sounds like a hardware issue, your Xbox One may need to be serviced. You can request a service from your account's devices page: https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  3. iNater Win User

Disappearing Disc!!!

This does happen. It happened with a Dragon Age: Inquisition Disc in a 2 hour old Xbox one that I bought 2 days ago. I put the disk in, and it installed (downloaded from the internet, ironically, even though I had a disc... this is a huge issue with how
    bad the WiFi speeds are in this Console - 8Mbps on a 100Mbps connection with the router 18 inches away from it), and after installing the disc image literally disappeared and it functioned like I had no disc in the drive. When I tried to launch the game it
    told me to insert the disc. I had to eject and insert the disc twice before it would show up and let me play.

I returned the Xbox One for a refund yesterday, after < 24 hours of having it.

It's the buggiest console I've ever used (Complete Freezes requiring Hard Reboots, Disc Drive issues, WiFi connection issues, etc.).

Anyone having these kinds of errors should either:

1. Exchange it for another unit, or

2. Get a refund on their purchase.

Do not send in a *new* Xbox for repair, that's stupid. You can go to the store and just exchange it on the spot and if the second one has the same issue, take it back for a full refund. Sending it in for repair *will* complicate things and will likely
    make you wait until after your return period is up to see if it even fixed the issue.

When a drive starts doing this, it usually means that it's failing. Anyone who has used a Desktop or Notebook computer knows this. Usually before the drive stops reading discs, it will start "dropping" the inserted disk (it will be there, then it will
    be as if no disc is in the drive - exactly what the Xbox Ones are doing).

How much do you value your money ($350-500)?
  4. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Game

Do other games and / or movies work right away? If not, then the disc drive might be failing.

For example, I have a Day One Xbox One, and sometimes I have to insert the disc a couple times before my console will read the game / movie. If it doesn't read the game after putting in the disc and I try to open the game, then it will say I need to purchase
    the game or insert the disc.
  5. kingvas78 Win User

Does your Day 1 Edition not read discs? Easy FIX!

But you shouldn't have to hold it for a couple seconds before the disc is inserted for it to read..... there is still a issue... you found a temporary "glitch fix". Ill be waiting for the "MS *** me out of warranty" thread when the disc drive finally gives
    up.....
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

My xbox wont load the disk when it is fine

Hi there Khary,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One S not reading discs. I recommend to try the following article: How
    to troubleshoot problems playing a disc on your Xbox One

Try the following solutions on the article if none of your discs will play, or if you insert a disc and your console doesn't recognize it. If your Xbox Home screen tells you to insert a disc when a disc is already inserted, that means it doesn't recognize
    your disc. In these scenarios, there are two possible issues:

• The settings for instant-on power mode can render a small number of consoles unable to read discs.
    • The console's disc drive needs servicing.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Xbox One requires me to insert discs twice before reading. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - requires insert discs

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. This game requires a controller.

in XboX Insiders
    This game requires a controller.: I noticed last night when I went to play Vampire Survivors on my Series X, when the game stated I got an Xbox prompt telling me the game requires a controller to play it. At first I thought, well...
  4. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  5. New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x

in XboX Insiders
    New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x: So apparently there's another mtn dew promo going on where it only takes 350 cap codes to get a series x. I won last year's custom series x and probably average 3 a day and have several coworkers...
  6. Xbox Design Labs Region Required Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Design Labs Region Required Error: Hi, When ordering The Fallout Controller, I get the error ''Region'' is reguired. Enter and try again. But everyting is okay with my billing and send adress, so its not on my side, I tried paying...
  7. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  8. Headset volume requires more adjustability

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume requires more adjustability: Anyway to reduce the volume jumps when you adjust the headset volume on the menu? I always feel I’m in between two volume levels. A few extra jumps added would help fine tune things. submitted by...
  9. So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even...: So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even though i have enough gamer score the website still says I dont. Can anyone help. I tried refreshing the page...
  10. how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...: Currently, there is a problem occurring in my XBOX 360 console. When I try to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live it does process but when it comes to the state of updating, after some time it shows...