XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut ...

Discus and support XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spent about 2 hours on the phone with your Microsoft yesterday. There employees were great with assisting me however I have the following issue with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JMRock83, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JMRock83
    JMRock83 Guest

XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut ...

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with your Microsoft yesterday. There employees were great with assisting me however I have the following issue with Microsoft repair methods. Please let me know if the following is accurate based on the issues I reported.

Issues:

1. The Xbox one makes grinding noises when I put a disk in. It takes me about 5 times or more taking the disc out and putting it back in.

2. The Xbox one shut itself off yesterday and would not turn back on. When I went to unplug it, I could smell like a burnt smell.

I looked up the repair methods for Xbox one and it indicates the following:

While creating your repair, you have two options to get your product repaired, Standard Repair and Advanced Exchange.

1. If you choose Standard Repair, Microsoft will provide you a shipping label to send your non-working console to the service center where it will be repaired and then shipped back to you.
    2. If you choose Advanced Exchange, Microsoft will send you a replacement console first. Once you receive the replacement console, you send back the non-working console.
    The problem with the above is that he online site wouldn’t let me set this up yesterday so I had to call. When the first customer service rep helped me, I asked for option B as I have no problem with putting money down to have one sent to me. After 30 mins
    she told me that her system has not acting right and needed me to call back or be transferred. At this point, I told her to transfer me. After 30 minutes of explaining the same problem, the guy on the phone told me there were internal issues with the

systems and he would call me back. This was at 11 am EST 1/25. I waited until 2 pm and called back to speak to someone else. The rep on the phone went over the

same items and took 30 more minutes. He told me that it was not allowed for me to have them send me one until they received mine because there was a smoke

smell. He processed the repair and told me I would receive a box to mail mine in and then they would send me one. I would not have to put money down but it

was going to take 2-3 weeks. This is ridiculous to me as I am offering to put money down for a product that did not work more than 2 months for me. And now

you are telling me there is no way possible for me to get one for 2-3 weeks???

After this call, I called back to speak to someone else to confirm what my options were and they indicated that was right. So I asked, if I called and

said that it wouldn’t turn on and I didn’t smell smoke, I could have down and Advances Exchanged and received and Xbox one in less than a week. She told me

yes.

So I ask, how does this make sense???? I have been an XBOX fan since your first products but this is not the way to do repairs on a new products.

:)

JMRock83, Jan 26, 2014
  2. The Kesiena
    The Kesiena Guest
    My Xbox one isn't working well

My Xbox one has been having issues since i turned it off. 1. It sometimes turned on by itself. 2.The controller xbox one button wont connect with the xbox but it will turn it one. 3. It wont display anything when its on and my HDMI
    corn working fine. 4. My xbox one wont turn off when i touch it one i have to hold for a few seconds. Please help me, tell me the problem i'm facing because i want to play on my own xbox. Instead of playing my friends own whom is very annoying.

The Kesiena, Jan 26, 2014
  3. xbox live question

i have one more question my system when i turn it off after i've played it for a couple hours it doesn't automatticly kick off when i shut it down can you tell me if this is something i should have to keep an eye on in the future or can you tell me is there
    a way to fix this issue?

BADASSBANDIT32, Jan 26, 2014
  4. XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut ...

So I guess the moral to the story is "it's better to lie"......that's pretty much the way I roll anyway , good to know though, if I ever smell smoke DO NOT TELL MS !

RobertBuckalew, Jan 26, 2014
  5. JMRock83
    JMRock83 Guest
    Exactly. Wish I knew that before I called. The funnier part is I said to them... So if my car caught on fire you would wait weeks to give me a new one but if I said the blinker didn't work you would bring me a car right away. The rep laughed and said pretty
    much.

JMRock83, Jan 26, 2014
  6. HI ImB OBG
    HI ImB OBG Guest
    How did u talk to someone. No phone number ANYWHERE. Your the closest I've gotten to an employee in a building

HI ImB OBG, Jul 27, 2016
  7. Hey there JMRock83,

We'd be happy to dig into this to clarify fully on what's going on, but to do so we're going to need that's called an SR# This is a number provided by the agent you spoke with, either via chat or phone. Sometimes it's emailed to you or verbally given to
    you over the phone.

If you can, please send us the SR# via Forums Private Message to me , by clicking the envelope below this post and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks so much!

Mister Mascot, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut off on its own...... Tell me if this is ridiculous??

Hey there JMRock83,

We'd be happy to dig into this to clarify fully on what's going on, but to do so we're going to need that's called an SR# This is a number provided by the agent you spoke with, either via chat or phone. Sometimes it's emailed to you or verbally given to
    you over the phone.

If you can, please send us the SR# via Forums Private Message to me , by clicking the envelope below this post and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks so much!
  9. HI ImB OBG Win User

XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut off on its own...... Tell me if this is ridiculous??

How did u talk to someone. No phone number ANYWHERE. Your the closest I've gotten to an employee in a building
  10. JMRock83 Win User

Exactly. Wish I knew that before I called. The funnier part is I said to them... So if my car caught on fire you would wait weeks to give me a new one but if I said the blinker didn't work you would bring me a car right away. The rep laughed and said pretty
    much.
  11. RobertBuckalew Win User

So I guess the moral to the story is "it's better to lie"......that's pretty much the way I roll anyway , good to know though, if I ever smell smoke DO NOT TELL MS !
  12. camel120 Win User

burning type smell coming from new xbox 360

As with most new products this happens (just like that new item smell)

IF the smell does not fade out from use a good 24hrs of HARD use ( being on most of the time).

Then take it back to store or request MS/XBL repair to look at it.

IF you see smoke unplug system and get it replaced. I have had this happen when the slims first came out went away after a day (that smell will hang out in the room/house for a bit).
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE repair option for a system that wont turn back on and I smelled smoke when it shut ... - Similar Threads - repair option system

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  4. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  5. No services options available for Xbox Series S repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No services options available for Xbox Series S repair.: I am from the Philippines and I am trying to have my XSS that suddenly won’t turn on repaired. I tried to put in an order request but it said that no service options are available. What should I...
  6. The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console: I'm trying to start a repair order for my Xbox series s but the only option that appears is accessory. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get my console fixed....
  7. Xbox controller repair option not available anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller repair option not available anymore: Is it true microsoft has stopped repairs of xbox One wireless controllers that are still in warranty? f86f7d49-659d-4db0-9db1-f22c6d52b24d
  8. Add repair option to xbox troubleshoot.

in XboX Insiders
    Add repair option to xbox troubleshoot.: With hdd failures and failed updates for insiders I believe a repairs section should be added to troubleshoot. We have offline update but only for public builds. This new section could contain:...
  9. Xbox One X In Warranty, but only out-of-warranty repair option shown?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X In Warranty, but only out-of-warranty repair option shown?: Hi, I had an issue with Xbox One X tonight where it suddenly turned off and now won't turn back on, despite the usual troubleshooting, unplugging and waiting etc. Clearly it needs repaired. I...
  10. Problem with repair option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with repair option: Hi, my Xbox One has a huge problem, the Bluray Reader and HD aren't working, I can't open a repair solicitation on the support session 'cause only show the ''accessories'' option, how to proceed?...