Xbox one power supply issue

Discus and support Xbox one power supply issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically one of the pins inside the power connector that slots in to the back of the Xbox has snapped off. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TumidHercules96, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Xbox one power supply issue

Basically one of the pins inside the power connector that slots in to the back of the Xbox has snapped off. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how i would go about getting a replacement. I've looked on various sites for a replacement, but can only find
    unofficial products, which , i'll not be touching. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

TumidHercules96, Feb 15, 2014
  2. kObE8X3
    kObE8X3 Guest
    Xbox One Power supply issue

A little update on my psu situation. I almost feel like MS is hating on me for complaining, but I feel as a customer, I'm not getting the best support which is very disappointing. I contacted MS on 11/29/13 about my bad psu. I just received a replacement
    today 12/23/13. I had to wait 3 weeks while they took all of the 10 business days to process. The email they sent me said it will ship within 10 days, so I can live with it. Finally open the package, there is the psu but not the psu cord that i shipped
    the psu with. No one ever told me to only ship the psu without the cord. And what if the cord was the issue to begin with? It didn't cross my mind at all to ship only the psu.

So I contact customer service via chat, and they give me a new reference number and say I'll be getting an email within 7 days. He wasn't sure if that was when the cord will ship or if they have go through more process. So basically for a bad psu, I will
    be waiting over a month... No apologies or expedited shipping for making an amateur mistake. Is Microsoft serious about customer care?

kObE8X3, Feb 15, 2014
  3. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    Xbox One Power supply issue

I agree with you 100%. Early adopters like us are usually the biggest fans, we pay the most money and take the most risk. MS could (and should) do exactly what you said and offer a version of the advanced replacement programme for individual components,
    so they could place a $50 hold on your card, send you a new PSU and pre-paid bag, then you ship the faulty PSU back and if you don't, they take the $50 payment. Obviously, that would cost them money, but good customer service does cost companies money!

I had the exact same issue as you and I was lucky enough to get in touch with someone high up at MS who dealt with the issue for me, but before that happened, they wanted me to pay to ship the PSU from the UK to Prague, then wait up to 28 days for the replacement.

SigmaTheDJ, Feb 15, 2014
  4. UnholyRoth
    UnholyRoth Guest

You can order a replacement Xbox One power supply from the Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

UnholyRoth, Feb 19, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: