Xbox one power button doesnt work and no synced controller

Discus and support Xbox one power button doesnt work and no synced controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so my xbox one power button doesnt work and my controllers stopped working,bought a new pair and dont seem to be able to turn on my xbox even by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheChronos24, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TheChronos24
    TheChronos24 Guest

so my xbox one power button doesnt work and my controllers stopped working,bought a new pair and dont seem to be able to turn on my xbox even by plugging in thr controller directly but its not synced...help!

:)

TheChronos24, Oct 11, 2017
  2. slippy325
    slippy325 Guest
    xbox one controller wont sync wired or not wired

hi ive just swapped a ps4 for an xbox one and the controller will not sync at all i have it wired directly and still nothing. when i hook the wire up the controller vibrates for a second but still doesnt work. and when i press the sync button on the console the console light doesnt flash, what do i do?. ive tried everything unpluging everything and reconnecting, even holding the power button on console till switches off. i feel theres a problem with console because the light doesnt flash on console when its sync button is pressed, and the consle sync button clicks when pressed dont no if thats right or not. can someone help? dont want to pay out £84 for replacement and probably wait weeks

slippy325, Oct 11, 2017
  3. KN1GHTMARE
    KN1GHTMARE Guest
    How to Sync a Wireless Controller

The following guide will help you connect any extra controllers purchased to your console. Please note the controller that came with your Xbox One is already synced. Conveniently there are now three different ways to sync a controller, which are:

• Using the console’s connect button
    • Using Kinect
    • Using a USB to micro-USB cable.

Method One: Connect Button​

Let’s start with the first and most important step, install batteries into the controller. Next, turn on the controller by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the controller.

*2075-88d4d94c58d51e7534abbaf7df4ae6c3.jpg*
    Photos via XBOX
    If the controller is not synced then you will see the light on the Xbox button will pulsate, if it is already synced then it will display a solid light.

Next press the sync button on your console; it is located on the left side of the console, right next to the disc drive.

*2073-f36f6f344673dad0e5cc89262b79d658.jpg*
    Photos via XBOX
    Immediately afterwards press the sync button on the controller. It is a small round button on the top of the controller, near the mini usb port.

*2074-5dd5170c0d7d359147ffed7d6cf9c437.jpg*
    Photos via XBOX
    Once the controller syncs with the console the light on the controller will flash a few times before switching to a solid state.

Method Two: Kinect ​

First lets make sure the console and controller are both powered on.

Press the sync button on the top of the controller and wait for the light on the controller to pulse. Aim the controller towards the Kinect and make sure the LEDs on the controller ARE FLASHING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE KINECT.

Once the Xbox light on the controller stops pulsating and goes solid, your controller has successfully been synced with your console.

Method Three: USB Cable​

Using a micro usb connection or the play & charge kit, connect the controller to the console. This will automatically sync the controller (note the console must be powered on first.). This will also turn your wirelesses controller into a wired controller, meaning no battery would be necessary.

KN1GHTMARE, Oct 11, 2017
  4. DG1993 Win User

Xbox One S Controller Does Not Turn On Console. Also, Controller Remains On After Turning Console Off

Hi, power the xbox and controller on, then press and hold the power button on the xbox for 10 seconds.

When the xbox powers off pull the power cord out of the back of the xbox and wait two minutes. Reconnect the power cord and press the power button on the xbox to power it on. Power on the controller and then try using the controller to power on/off the xbox.
    This solution worked. Thank you!

For anyone else reading having this issue, I still had to re-sync the controller after going through the above process, in order to solve that problem. After turning on the Xbox one with the power button sync it the normal way by hitting the sync button
    on the front of the Xbox One S, and then holding the sync button on top of the controller. Thereafter, the guide button on the controller will power on the console.

However, the above solution did immediately fix the fact that the controller wouldn't turn off when I powered the console off.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

xbox sync issues

[quote user="UR MAN SWEENEY"]my xbox wont sync any controllers not even with the charger wire,[/quote]The Play & Charge cable carries no sync data. It cannot be used to sync a controller, only to provide power to a controller.
    i can turn my xbox on
    with my controller but still doesnt sync.
    Power on the console with the power button and let it finish booting. Then power-on the controller with the Guide button. When the controller's lights start spinning, hit the sync button on the console.
    i
    have noticed that when the green lights spin on the console after pressing the sync button that only three are spinning controller or user two does not light up at all..
    It's possible your controller is damaged in some way and can no longer sync. Try
    to re-pair the controller using the steps provided above.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Wireless controllers will not sync to console

Hi, try taking the power cable out of your xbox with the xbox powered off of course, press the power button on the xbox several times, reconnect the power cable and power the xbox on again.

Be sure that you press the sync button on the xbox first and then the sync button on the controller.

Lets us know how that works out for you please.
  7. god_0 Win User

xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything

it does work when i just press the sync button on my controller, without it being plugged in, and while its synced to the xbox, but this is a rare occurrence. and i still have to power on the xbox just to turn on the controller.

this is a newly refurbished controller, so i doubt it is the sync button itself either.
  8. Mister Maka Win User

Wireless Controller won't connect to Xobox

Hey there Zombie9to5.

First, be sure you power cycle your Xbox One (hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds), then try re syncing your controller by pressing the sync button on both your Xbox One and wireless controller. If you're still having issues, is there any chance you
    can test your controller with a different Xbox One to see if it connects there? If an alternate console works, the issue may be on your Xbox One console's side.

Let us know how it goes :)
Thema:

1. Xbox one power button doesnt work and no synced controller - Similar Threads - power button doesnt

2. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  3. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  4. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  5. Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects: Xbox power button begins flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi and all attached devices disconnect, then after a full minute it fully turns off and nothing will be on the screen but the light remains...
  6. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  7. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  8. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  9. My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?: My xbox wireless headset recently fell hard on the floor and now the power button cannot be pressed down; it’s stuck in the up position. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SeriouslyWhatTheDuck...
  10. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0