Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound

Discus and support Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, so today I turned my console on and was playing fallout 4. i then realized that my consoles power button was blinking kinda fast and at the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DennisTh3Menac3, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound

Hello, so today I turned my console on and was playing fallout 4. i then realized that my consoles power button was blinking kinda fast and at the same time making an odd "click" type of a noise. it would happen In bursts every 20 seconds or so. I didn't
    notice a performance drop in my gameplay, but the "click" sound it made was very irritating because it happened so often. Just to clarify, when I say that the power button was blinking, I do not mean the slow blinking that happens when your console is powering
    off. This blink was when the console was powered on and was much faster, as if its a way of telling me something is wrong with the console. I have tried unplugging the console completely ( hdmi cable and all) and I have tried hard resetting the console. And
    yet, the annoying "click" and the rapid flashing power button on the console continued. If anybody has any insight on this and can help me figure out why this is happening, I would greatly appreciate it

:)

DennisTh3Menac3, Mar 14, 2016
  2. 4 red rings

I have the older white pro console. I think the power supply is done because the light keeps blinking and it's making a clicking noise. The xbox won't even turn on

xRIP Assassinx, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Button Sound

There is a way to mute the annoying sound that the power button do? Before the last update you were able to launch the xbox one with the controller without doing that annoying sound.

iFeaR Umbreon, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound

Mine is doing the same exact thing. I unplugged everything from the back of console and power brick. Made it stop for 20 minutes and then it cane right back. Anyone have a fix for this?

MassChaos0186, Mar 30, 2016
  5. any luck on a Fix. Mine is doing it now

COVENANT X X X, Aug 2, 2016
  6. darren_scott
    darren_scott Guest
    Hey Mine is was doing this for a long time, I did some digging to find it was a HDD problem. I would suggest Contacting the support.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

darren_scott, Aug 2, 2016
  7. CloudLXXXV
    CloudLXXXV Guest
    Mine has started to do this as of yesterday.. Don't tell me my Xbox is dying even more than it has already..

CloudLXXXV, Aug 8, 2016
  8. Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound

Hey there CloudLXXXV,

It does sound like there may be some underlying hardware issue going on and you might want to reach out to the Chat and Phone teams for a closer look at this. Contact Us

Some different things to try with this would be sure that the console is in a well ventilated area:

Ventilation for the Xbox One S and original Xbox One console

Also ensure the console is plugged directly into a power outlet versus using a power strip or surge protector. Since the Xbox One console has a built in surge protector, sometimes weird issues can happen like this if those are used, so it's not recommended.

About the Xbox One power supply

Mister Mascot, Aug 9, 2016
  9. Yeah this also started to happened to me 2 days ago I turned my xbox off and on and unplugged everything and it still doing it

ISPANKEDURCAT22, Oct 14, 2016
  10. mine just started this today so its nice to know the cause of it

Basically Trash, Feb 19, 2017
  11. XpoopcakesX
    XpoopcakesX Guest
    I have found a fix!

The knocking is due to a dirty ribbon cable behind the faceplate.

Press the connection button on the left side of the Xbox by the USB port and you will hear that "knock" and the same flashing will appear. That knock is from the speaker, I originally thought it was a HDD problem.

More than likely the ribbon connection AND the spot behind that little button on the side are DIRTY!!!! The dirt is causing it to spasm out. If you're under warranty send it in just in case something else happens. If you're well out of warranty like myself
    and don't want to spend $100 for a "cleaning" look up a tutorial to get the faceplate off and really really clean the cable connector and the spot behind the little button. IT REQUIRES THE ENTIRE OUTER CASE TO COME OFF AND YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY IF YOURE
    STILL UNDER ONE!

This just happened to me tonight, my Xbox was manufactured October 15, 2013 and it had never been opened before tonight. The problem is gone.

XpoopcakesX, Apr 23, 2017
  12. try a system reset keeping all games and apps

Settings all settings system console info reset console reset and keep my games and apps

PsychoGoldFishi, May 9, 2017
  13. White Wolfie
    White Wolfie Guest

is it bad? Mine started doing this today. Just wanted to know if it's actually bad or is it just irritating

White Wolfie, Jun 9, 2017
  14. metalbeggsy
    metalbeggsy Guest
    Hi, I believe this issue is cause by the use of E cigarettes or vapour getting behind the power button. I believe it can be cleaned tho.

metalbeggsy, Jul 21, 2017
  15. found a weird fix blowing air into the top vents torward the power button worked on mine and yes I use an ecig

demonprince2011, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Xbox one power button blinking fast and making an annoying clicking sound - Similar Threads - power button blinking

2. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  3. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  4. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  5. Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects: Xbox power button begins flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi and all attached devices disconnect, then after a full minute it fully turns off and nothing will be on the screen but the light remains...
  6. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  7. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  8. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  9. My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?: My xbox wireless headset recently fell hard on the floor and now the power button cannot be pressed down; it’s stuck in the up position. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SeriouslyWhatTheDuck...
  10. there a xbox one s that the power button is blink and it is making sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    there a xbox one s that the power button is blink and it is making sound: it has been doing this for 87 days I tried to reset set it and clean it but it still is doing it. 0bd4bc72-da1d-488a-84bb-b4bf13d38bff