Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

Discus and support Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TehUberNinja, Apr 3, 2024.

1. TehUberNinja
    TehUberNinja Guest

So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email associated with account) Is it possible to swap the internal HDD to MY Xbox One I no longer use to be able to view account information? In my opinion, its kind of pointless to spend $150 to fix the HDMI when he has the Series X and will never use the old xbox again.

Thank you for any input!

:)

TehUberNinja, Apr 3, 2024
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

sometimes, are you using a different account on pc
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

try remote connection from pc to access xbox
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

there is no way to access the Xbox hard drive by the end consumer, all of your account data is stored in the cloud. if you haven't previously set up remote play, likely won't be able to access it, because you're going to be need to be able to see what's on the screen to enter the access code

As the series X uses an SSD, it would not be able to use the Drive anyway.
  5. TehUberNinja Win User

Do you need to be signed in on the account associated with the xbox? Or just as long as it's on the same network?
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Cannot access data saved on Hard drive

Your HDD is beyond repair so all you can do is try to recover the stored data if that is possible. There are different companies online that offer solutions for recovering lost data at a price.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data? - Similar Threads - Possible swap internal

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  7. pls add possibility to rate games

in XboX Insiders
    pls add possibility to rate games: So many times i am alway wanna watch for opinons of other players or just wanna rate a game i had fun with but theres still nothing to do that :c submitted by /u/HikingVikingStriking [link]...
  8. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  9. Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?: We've got a PS4 and PC, and wish to crossplay on a private server without buying a PS Plus subscription.. Is playing via LAN still possible (I found it on 2022 posts)? I've tried all the...
  10. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a