Xbox One on but won’t do anything

Discus and support Xbox One on but won’t do anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One will power on, with the white power light on, but it won’t do anything. The tv doesn’t detect an input source. I’ve checked the tv and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Big Jay 198, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Big Jay 198
    Big Jay 198 Guest

My Xbox One will power on, with the white power light on, but it won’t do anything. The tv doesn’t detect an input source. I’ve checked the tv and the hdmi cable, and they both work. Also, the controller won’t connect to the Xbox. I can turn the Xbox on
    with the controller, but the controller won’t connect and flashes the middle button light. The Xbox will eject and take cds, and I can hear the cd rom spinning when I put a disc in, but the Xbox won’t do anything else, and the controller still won’t connect. I
    also can’t turn the Xbox off, unless I hold the power button for 5 seconds. When I press the the button, the sound plays for the Xbox’s turning off, but it stays on.

:)

Big Jay 198, Oct 12, 2017
  2. Menu doesn’t appear

when I turn on the Xbox one the menu won’t come up on the left like it always has. I can’t do anything. Help!

NostalgicSteak2, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Xbox one won’t let me do anything

so I got this Xbox one S about a month and a half ago and now it says connect to Xbox live, but when I click on “connect to Xbox live” nothing happens. Also when I try to add a new a account or try to launch any app it says “try again later” I’ve tried restarting
    my Xbox and all that but nothing seems to work. Also it will say it’s like 2 am when it’s like 3 pm.

Cwett-[xboxvenue], Oct 12, 2017
  4. mbennett674
    mbennett674 Guest

did you ever resolve this? I have same issue..

mbennett674, Nov 22, 2017
  5. mbennett674 Win User

did you ever resolve this? I have same issue..
  6. Luken herbert Win User

How can I fix my 360 games not loading

Doesn’t do anything still won’t load my games
  7. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox one won’t launch anything :(

Hello there @DixieNormous726, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  8. SaltyOnion32 Win User

Is Microsoft going to make a mic and camera on the next system?

Given that connect was not that much of a success it probably won’t have one but they haven’t said anything if you will be able to use an Xbox one connect on Xbox series X so hopefully you can
  9. BiZz N1 Win User

Disc drive ( Chinese ) rubbish

Why does my Xbox series x 87 days old not play any disc whatsoever ?? Won’t play Xbox one game Xbox 360 dvd or Blu-ray won’t play anything it’s the 5th Xbox on the spin to do this ? What’s going on with these crappy drives and power mode ( Microsoft won’t admit there’s a massive problem with their disc drives ! That’s facts
    YouTube has like 50 videos of people not being able to play a game they own on disc I think I’ll get full refund and buy PS5 no way will a Sony product not read discs
Thema:

1. Xbox One on but won’t do anything - Similar Threads - won’t anything

2. My Xbox One won’t download anything at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won’t download anything at all: An Xbox I’ve used for years stopped downloading things all together. I’ve cleared my MAC address, reset the console, reset my WiFi, ethernetted, wireless, portforwarded, etc. and nothing is...
  3. Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t download anything when using Starlink Wifi.: I have just installed Starlink in my home and have connected it via Ethernet to my own Nighthawk router. The whole house is now covered except my Xbox and PS5. What’s weird is that my Xbox is...
  4. How do I fix the main menu, it won’t let me select anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the main menu, it won’t let me select anything.: Xbox- When I load the game it won’t let me press anything, the only thing that works is my left stick and the Y button. I can’t access anything in the menu except for the change user. And yes I’ve...
  5. Xbox Series S store bugged won’t download anything poor speed after trying all support options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S store bugged won’t download anything poor speed after trying all support options: I’ve full reset it three times, tried both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection, and the store will not load, games and apps will not download, and I’m only showing 1mbps. I have charter, 700.0mbps...
  6. My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen: I’ve had my series x for about 6 months now and have had no issues. Last night I went to turn it on but the screen just stayed black. i thought nothing of it until today when i tried it again. I...
  7. Xbox One X won’t display anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won’t display anything: I recently turned my Xbox One X on and the display was constantly dropping out. I turned it off and left it alone for a day. I then turned it on and couldn’t get an image to display. I have since...
  8. My Xbox won’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t do anything: My Xbox xseries wont download or update anything.It has been in same network for 2 years only thing changed over is I put the game pass in my sons account not mine when it was due. I have no...
  9. My Xbox won’t let me interact with anything, but it acknowledges that I’m trying to, how do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t let me interact with anything, but it acknowledges that I’m trying to, how do...: I have an Xbox Series S and today it started an issue where at random it no longer lets me interact with things in the menu. If I’m already in a game the game will work fine, but say I press the...
  10. My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on: My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but when I try scrolling thru your selecting something it won’t work and i already tried reconnecting them multiple times. I started having issues...