Xbox One Omega Ring failed to Update

Discus and support Xbox One Omega Ring failed to Update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Source OS: 10.0.22621.2858 (XB_FLT_2211NI\22621.2858.221110-2020) Target OS: 10.0.22621.2855 (XB_FLT_2211NI\22621.2855.221108-2200) Error code:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ZoeS17, Nov 13, 2022.

1. /u/ZoeS17
    /u/ZoeS17 Guest

Source OS: 10.0.22621.2858 (XB_FLT_2211NI\22621.2858.221110-2020)
    Target OS: 10.0.22621.2855 (XB_FLT_2211NI\22621.2855.221108-2200)
    Error code: 0x800706f8 0x00000000 0x

Trying again without rebooting or removing my external HDD does allow the install to succeed. It has happened the last two updates in a row and it always occurs before "Step 1 of 3: Downloading" has even gotten to 30%. This leads me to believe it may be network related but any information I can offer or recieve would be awesome.

submitted by /u/ZoeS17
    [link] [comments]

/u/ZoeS17, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

Can we stop the constant updates please!

Instead of leaving the Xbox Insider program as one Ambassador has suggested you can drop down to a lower ring which receives much fewer updates. For example if you are in Beta ring drop down to Delta or Omega. The Omega ring receives the fewest updates,
    usually just before it is released to the general public. This can be managed using the Xbox Insider Hub on your console.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox not starting after update E102 code

As I mentioned, if it's not among the ones listed, you should use OSU1
    Except that the OP is running an Insiders build (the OS build information is the latest Insiders update) so your advice will likely lead to a broken console!

What the OP posted is a match to the lastest Omega ring update (also seems to match all the updates from all the rings) from 4th February, unless I am missing something:

"Xbox Insider Release Notes – Omega (2202.220202-1734)"

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/02/04/xbox-insider-release-notes-omega-2202-220202-1734/
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The New Dashboard 11/4/2019

In my understanding the Dashboard experiment, A, B, C selection, is totally random.

As "Both consoles say their OS Version is (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1911.191028-1335)" your consoles are either in the Beta or Delta ring.

Both those rings and Omega ring are getting a preview update News release notes Beta Delta Omega
    Insiders
    today, which you can manually start or wait until it becomes mandatory.

After you do the update, if you want to change rings, it will be the perfect time to change as all those rings will be on the same release. Subject to eligibility.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

august xbox 2020 update

The new update is only out for some Alpha & Alpha skip ahead insiders at the moment.

If you're in the Omega ring then you'll probably be the last ring to get the update before it's released to everyone.
  6. mav2010 Win User

Logitech G923 Causing issues on Forza Horizon 5

That is actually not a bad idea. Staying in the Omega ring has very low risk. But in case something does go wrong, one can still revert the firmware update if it was still an omega version. And then block firmware updates until a fix is available.

The main issue with this broken firmware release is that there is no way to roll back to an older firmware version.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Omega Ring failed to Update - Similar Threads - Omega Ring failed

2. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  3. Omega ring past mandatory update time

in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring past mandatory update time: Hi Insiderers, Having an issue where Omega ring is stuck on 2306xxx (pre dashboard) OS and has not updated to the 2308xxx (post dashboard) OS for Series X. The mandatory update date was...
  4. Read the description in the app for Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    Read the description in the app for Omega ring: 3 posts today of people asking why they haven’t gotten an update for omega ring. They just joined today. If you read the description in the app, it says that you’re not guaranteed every update....
  5. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring: Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders. Eight...
  6. How do I get from omega to delta ring?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I get from omega to delta ring?: As the question states I don't know how to change ring. I have the right requirements, I'm level 4 and have been a member for little over a month. Is there something I'm missing? submitted by...
  7. Is discord Voice out for all omega ring members yet ?

in XboX Insiders
    Is discord Voice out for all omega ring members yet ?: Ive been waiting for discord voice on omega ring since it came out for that ring .. still havent gotten the update submitted by /u/AkaiRairyu [link] [comments]
  8. xbox udpate for omega ring need help

in XboX Insiders
    xbox udpate for omega ring need help: I hasnt being able to update my xbox im on the omega ring and its not showing me the latest update what can i do? submitted by /u/DictadorKage [link] [comments]
  9. Cloud gaming not working in the omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming not working in the omega ring: For some strange reason I can’t access the cloud gaming knowing I have game pass ultimate plus I’m in the omega ring like I was able to access it yesterday but I can’t today submitted by...
  10. Update Fail / E101 / Omega Ring Preview Build - Cannot update

in XboX Insiders
    Update Fail / E101 / Omega Ring Preview Build - Cannot update: Hi all, My xbox bricked itself during an update for the Omega Ring preview build. I'm currently stuck at OS Version 19041.1537.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2004.200320-1829. I can't use the OSU1...