XBOX One not wanting to show main page. Just blank black screen?

Discus and support XBOX One not wanting to show main page. Just blank black screen? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got off of work, clicked TV on, pushed XBOX One power button...........and then not much else besides systems sounds like it is running but no picture,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scotsmanJ, Jan 9, 2014.

1. scotsmanJ
    scotsmanJ Guest

Got off of work, clicked TV on, pushed XBOX One power button...........and then not much else besides systems sounds like it is running but no picture, Main Page, or anything else. Just played the system a few days ago and yet I am unable to do anything
    with this tonight?

:)

scotsmanJ, Jan 9, 2014
  2. scotsmanJ
    scotsmanJ Guest
    Turn on XBOX One and get a blank screen?

Here is an interesting situation. Come home, click TV on, click XBOX One on.........just blank black screen. System appears to be running but no main page? Is anyone else seeing such a thing or having similar issues or did I buy a XBOX One that was built
    just before someone was about to go on a smoke break?

scotsmanJ, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Sick PRO2
    Sick PRO2 Guest
    Black screen start up

Xbox will not show home screen it just sits on a blank black screen when I start it up and I’ve tried restarting it and unplugging it completely nothing works.

Sick PRO2, Jan 9, 2014
  4. scotsmanJ
    scotsmanJ Guest

Disregard, I guess either there was an update and the system was running slow or that I unhooked everything and reconnected the system and restarted it. Either way it appears currently to be running.

scotsmanJ, Jan 9, 2014
  5. Penthalis
    Penthalis Guest
    Hey ScotsmanJ,

Do you use use the quick boot up feature? If so, you may have to reset the whole xbox. I find that, over time, the UI slows down, I may not get a picture, or the kinect no longer blasts IR to the other components to turn on/off. I've just gotten in the habit
    of resetting the whole thing once a week.

Respectfully,

-P

Penthalis, Jan 9, 2014
  6. scotsmanJ
    scotsmanJ Guest
    Where is the quick boot up feature located at? Is it in the settings file or somewhere else because this seems like a constant issue now if I don't click the system on like everyday. Thanks for the information. Most appreciative.

scotsmanJ, Jan 13, 2014
  7. Turn your xbox off....than press the button on the console to turn it on and hold your finger on the button for like 5 seconds until you see the power brick light go from white to orange and white again...let go your finger....your console should be off
    still just press the power button again on the console or controller...voice command to turn on xbox wont work the first time you do a hard reboot just so you know....once it comes on it may take a min or two to load up from the green screen...than everything
    should be working perfectly...and you will be able to turn on and off the xbox with your voice again.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Penthalis Win User

Hey ScotsmanJ,

Do you use use the quick boot up feature? If so, you may have to reset the whole xbox. I find that, over time, the UI slows down, I may not get a picture, or the kinect no longer blasts IR to the other components to turn on/off. I've just gotten in the habit
    of resetting the whole thing once a week.

Respectfully,

-P
  9. scotsmanJ Win User

Disregard, I guess either there was an update and the system was running slow or that I unhooked everything and reconnected the system and restarted it. Either way it appears currently to be running.
  10. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

Turn your xbox off....than press the button on the console to turn it on and hold your finger on the button for like 5 seconds until you see the power brick light go from white to orange and white again...let go your finger....your console should be off
    still just press the power button again on the console or controller...voice command to turn on xbox wont work the first time you do a hard reboot just so you know....once it comes on it may take a min or two to load up from the green screen...than everything
    should be working perfectly...and you will be able to turn on and off the xbox with your voice again.
  11. scotsmanJ Win User

Where is the quick boot up feature located at? Is it in the settings file or somewhere else because this seems like a constant issue now if I don't click the system on like everyday. Thanks for the information. Most appreciative.
  12. PalmettoBling Win User

Westinghouse: Xbox 1s not connecting with new Tv

There are a few things we'd want to check out. Does the Television show that there is no signal found, or does it appear to detect a signal but display is just black? You'll also want to check that the HDMI cable is in the proper port on the back of the
    Xbox One as there is an HDMI port for input and output to allow for cable box or other device passthrough.

This page here has some other troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected#b30d6827d1214a979713968a912ec9bc
Thema:

1. XBOX One not wanting to show main page. Just blank black screen? - Similar Threads - wanting show main

2. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  3. My app wants a 6-10 digit code and my Xbox/TV is showing up on the screen as a 8 digit...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My app wants a 6-10 digit code and my Xbox/TV is showing up on the screen as a 8 digit...: Let's start off with I got my mom's xbox one, halo series or something like that, I have an account on there that's locked with a password!, i forgot the password for it sadly and now I can't get...
  4. I Want To Watch Rewarded Ads In Game But Ads Are Not Showing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Want To Watch Rewarded Ads In Game But Ads Are Not Showing: I Installed Royal Revolt 2 from Microsoft Store in 2016 I Didn't Have Any Problem Watching Rewarded Ads In The Game Until 2022 But In 2022 Ads Started Not Showing And I Couldn't Watch Rewarded Ads...
  5. hi i have gamepass ultimate and i want to use cloud gaming but it isnt showing up on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi i have gamepass ultimate and i want to use cloud gaming but it isnt showing up on my...: hi i have gamepass ultimate and i want to use cloud gaming but it isnt showing up on my sidebar i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didnt work. how can i get it to work?...
  6. So i wanted to play roblox and it showed an error screen that said failed to load library...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i wanted to play roblox and it showed an error screen that said failed to load library...: So i wanted to play roblox and it showed an error screen that said failed to load library SensApi.dll then after it says the application has an unrecoverable error and it shows this. Do you know...
  7. I want to play the Modern Warfare campaign, but the option doesn't even show up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play the Modern Warfare campaign, but the option doesn't even show up.: I'm trying to play the CoD Modern Warfare Remastered campaign, but I don't even have the option to. I'm guessing this is because I don't have the multiplayer pack installed, but I can't even...
  8. I was suspended for no reason at all and I want someone to show me the proof for my suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was suspended for no reason at all and I want someone to show me the proof for my suspension.: I was suspended for no reason and I need someone to look into this. [mod removed - personal information] 4ca0adff-1083-4f8e-8b58-b9444df9fa61
  9. Xbox Game Bar Looking for Group doesn't show the game I want to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Looking for Group doesn't show the game I want to play: I go to the looking for group section of the game bar and the game I'm trying to play (Star Wars Battlefront II) does not show up under the list of games. 67c9635c-4ad2-4cb4-a8da-faab64251b24
  10. Want to buy a digital download but I don't want it to show up until Christmas

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want to buy a digital download but I don't want it to show up until Christmas: I would like to buy the Marvel Avengers game for my son while it's 50% off, but it's a Christmas present. Is there a way for me to buy a digital download but it won't show up on my Xbox One...