Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

Discus and support Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kyle Wade, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Kyle Wade
    Kyle Wade Guest

Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms and tried most my outlets but nothing seems to work. And the Xbox seemingly won’t hard reset. Help would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

Kyle Wade, Jul 21, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Kyle. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps from this link to sort out the issue, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

If that step doesn't work, please try the steps from this link to sort it out, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

If the steps from the links don't sort out the issue, please also try connecting your console to a different wall outlet and then try turning it on. Let me know if it works.

If trying a different outlet doesn't also sort it out, I would highly recommend reaching to a near repair center near your area to have the console repaired since the service center has discontinued repair services for Xbox One consoles.
  3. HardBrettyson Win User

Xone turns itself off randomly, as if home button has been pressed.

I've tried these things. My xbox is well ventilated. It's the forza console, so it makes a car noise when you press the on/off button. I can turn it on with either the controller, inserting a disk, or the button itself, and within a minute the car sound
    will play again as if I have pressed the on/off button an it shuts down. Also if left unchecked it will sometimes make the noise by itself while it is off, but not always turn on. This happened last month and I just turned it on one day and it worked fine,
    and has consistently for the last two weeks, but has started again. Has this happened to anyone else?
  4. AidenBoyer Win User

Xbox One - Doesnt Turn On post Service Change Issue 1/30

Same thing happened with me. I can press the xbox on button and here a very faint start up noise but other than that my xbox wont turn on.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Why does my Xbox One take 30 seconds to shutdown?

It does take a while to cold start it up, and shutdown. I normally just cut power to it, but then again, it makes a harsh kind of HDD noise when I do it (a short noise just like what happens when you turn off your laptop by holding down the power button
    for more than 4 seconds).

It does have 3 operating systems, and a 500GB HDD which is only a 5400rpm one. But it does have a good processor an AMD 8 core Jaguar APU. It's probably doing silent updates when you press the power button you think it's shutdown but to make sure it IS shutdown,
    just cut power to it.
  6. Pat Moore1 Win User

Xbox wireless headset keeps turning off

Hi

I just tried this, it doesn’t pick it up. It started charging when connected. If I hold the power button down it makes the on noise and then it flickers white, makes the pairing noise once, and once more quickly then turns off

Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button. - Similar Threads - turning makes start

2. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  3. My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n: My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be on I tried everything unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall even changing wall outlets...
  4. When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.: Yes t It does 2605c678-999d-4df9-85ef-a5fe47024fc7
  5. Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!

in XboX Insiders
    Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!: Okay so I know we already have games like dead by daylight and Texas chainsaw massacre, and those games are really fun and loved playing them specially Texas chainsaw massacre when that game...
  6. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.: Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that...
  9. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  10. When i turn on my og Xbox one , after 5-6 seconda it makes the eject button sound then the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my og Xbox one , after 5-6 seconda it makes the eject button sound then the...: Xbox makes the eject sound after turning on , then off button sound 706c0c9f-4546-4d19-9179-a73f3922982e