Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work”

Discus and support Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work” in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently tried to start using an Xbox One after a few years of not using it. It managed to do a system update just fine, but now refuses to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Indigo_123, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Indigo_123
    Indigo_123 Guest

I have recently tried to start using an Xbox One after a few years of not using it. It managed to do a system update just fine, but now refuses to connect. It displays the error “Your security protocol won't work” However, the console has worked fine in the past with the exact same router, and the router is set to a compatible protocol, WPA/WPA2 (personal). I have tried resetting the router, and even doing a hard reset on the console, but with no success.

:)

Indigo_123, Apr 28, 2023
  2. Phoebe Hines Win User

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue as above. I have tried everything. The only thing that works is using wired network. I can connect to wifi from every other device in the house, I even tried setting the router to completely open security, and I still get the same security protocol issue!

Any next steps or advice??

Thanks
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Restart the console. It might just need a reboot as long as your network hardware is connected to the internet. Try WiFi if wired.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you. If I may ask, does your console connected to the internet wired or wireless?

If wireless, please try to connect your console to a wired connection and check if it works.

If the issue still persists please try to do the following troubleshooting steps: (Please skip to the part if you have done it already.)

1. Reboot Your Xbox and Network Equipment

2. Run an Xbox Connection Test and Disconnect Headsets

3. Check Your Wi-Fi Details

4. Improve Your Wi-Fi Signal Strength

5. Review Xbox Live's Status

6. Check the Settings on Your Router

7. Try a Wired Connection for Your Xbox One

Please check this link for the detailed instruction for each troubleshooting step above: https://www.makeuseof.com/fix-xbox-one-will-not...

Please let me know if it works.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

6. Indigo_123 Win User

The Xbox does not currently have any accounts set with it, as it was just reset.
Thema:

1. Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work” - Similar Threads - connecting internet “Your

2. Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?: I can't be the only one because I know I am not. Other friends have the same issue. Does Xbox respond? No. Just troubleshoot with every single solution I've tried. Cannot get a live person to hear...
  3. Yakuza 0 error "Unable to sign in to Xbox Live. Check your internet connection"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yakuza 0 error "Unable to sign in to Xbox Live. Check your internet connection": I just downloaded Yakuza 0 on Xbox gamepass and everytime I try to play the game this message ("Unable to sign in to Xbox Live. Check your internet connection") appears, and gives me two options:...
  4. Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?: Every time I try to start a 30 day trial of realms, this message just keeps popping up. My wifi works just fine and I can play on other multiplayer games. 294ca02e-ca6d-4525-a5eb-5effa723f481
  5. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet. Connection test failed "There is a problem with your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to internet. Connection test failed "There is a problem with your...: Hello, I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 my wifi, but it is not working. The test fails, and then says There is a problem with your connection". I have tried to unplug the router trick, but it...
  6. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...
  7. we're unable to connect to the marketplace. maybe check your internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    we're unable to connect to the marketplace. maybe check your internet connection?: I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling, along with logging in and out of my account. What do I do? My internet connection is fine as well. I'm trying to buy a 2 player realm...
  8. Problema Com O Xbox Conectar A Conta Com A Internet [ Problem With Xbox Connect Ing Your...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problema Com O Xbox Conectar A Conta Com A Internet [ Problem With Xbox Connect Ing Your...: Ola Tenho Meu Xbox, Tepos De Um Tempo Eu Entrei No Xbox meu perfil Não Tava conectado A internet E Quando Eu Tentava Conectar O Meu Perfil saia,E Com a internet conectada no xbox sem ta conectado...
  9. you're not connect to internet, check your connection and try again.你还未连接到Internet,...

in XBoX on Windows
    you're not connect to internet, check your connection and try again.你还未连接到Internet,...: hello, everyone, I download xbox live game from Microsoft store, like horizon 4, quantum break and so one, when I open any xbox live game, and enter my account and password successfully, it said...
  10. We're unable to connect to the store. Maybe check your internet connection."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We're unable to connect to the store. Maybe check your internet connection.": Any way to correct this on xbox one? We're unable to connect to the store. Maybe check your internet connection." 3e3678fd-9ca5-42d9-b437-47bc04a34a0f