Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited?

Discus and support Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone after upgrading my Tv today from a Panasonic viera 37" to a 40" LED I cant seem to set my new tv to rgb limited in the colour space... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IINgGIICaveman, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited?

Hi everyone after upgrading my Tv today from a Panasonic viera 37" to a 40" LED I cant seem to set my new tv to rgb limited in the colour space settings. the only options the console is giving me is PC or TV. if anybody could help me with this problem id
    really appreciate it. Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited? :)

:)

IINgGIICaveman, Oct 15, 2014
  2. JTF195
    JTF195 Guest
    Display Calibration and RGB, black levels

As of the most recent Xbox 360 and Xbox One updates, the problem is still not fixed.

I have my TV calibrated and configured properly. I have tested it with my both my PS3 and PC set to RGB Full and RGB Limited, and my Wii U (which outputs RGB Limited)

It works perfectly with all 3 devices.

On both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, however, the output from the both the RGB Full and RGB limited options have 16 levels of black crushing and 16 levels of white crushing when the TV is set to the corresponding mode, and only look normal when the TV is set
    to RGB Full, and the Xbox is set to RGB Limited.

I don't have recording equipment, but others have recorded output and tested the black levels in photoshop to verify this issue.

Essentially the problem breaks down as follows:

Black Levels

15-239

- PS RGB Limited option, Wii U, PC RGB Limited output

0-255

- Xbox RGB Limited option, PS RGB Full option, PC RGB Full output

(-16)-271 (values out of range by 16 levels)

- Incorrect Xbox RGB Full option

JTF195, Oct 15, 2014
  3. Bert Sachs
    Bert Sachs Guest
    full rgb does not work on a full rgb tv

Hi,

i've got a new Sony 55 W905 TV. I've set both the HDMI input of the tv and the Xbox One to full rgb. But full rgb is not working. When performing the display calibration app, i've never see the black closed eye. Regardless if i set brightness to max or whatever.

nehW .

Bert Sachs, Oct 15, 2014
  4. JTF195 Win User

As of the most recent Xbox 360 and Xbox One updates, the problem is still not fixed.

I have my TV calibrated and configured properly. I have tested it with my both my PS3 and PC set to RGB Full and RGB Limited, and my Wii U (which outputs RGB Limited)

It works perfectly with all 3 devices.

On both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, however, the output from the both the RGB Full and RGB limited options have 16 levels of black crushing and 16 levels of white crushing when the TV is set to the corresponding mode, and only look normal when the TV is set
    to RGB Full, and the Xbox is set to RGB Limited.

I don't have recording equipment, but others have recorded output and tested the black levels in photoshop to verify this issue.

Essentially the problem breaks down as follows:

Black Levels

15-239

- PS RGB Limited option, Wii U, PC RGB Limited output

0-255

- Xbox RGB Limited option, PS RGB Full option, PC RGB Full output

(-16)-271 (values out of range by 16 levels)

- Incorrect Xbox RGB Full option
  5. JTF195 Win User

All of you are correct in describing how RGB Full and RGB Limited are SUPPOSED to work.

On every device I own EXCEPT the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the options for RGB Limited and RGB Full DO work this way.

On the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, however, the RGB Limited option outputs RGB Full, and the RGB Full option is completely broken.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One S black levels?

TV content is authored such that a value of 16 (on a 0-255 scale) represents full black and 235 represents full white (this color span = “RGB Limited”) and assumes the viewer's TV has been calibrated to show full black upon receiving a pixel value of 16
    and to show full white upon receiving a value of 235. Xbox One is assumed to be connected to a TV (not a PC monitor), and we make our best efforts to optimize video content (movies, TV shows, content authored specific experience for video levels, i.e. "RGB
    Limited"), consistent with CE devices.

Switching to RGB Full will cause loss of visual dynamic range on a properly calibrated TV.

Basically, you should always use the TV (RGB Limited) Color Space display setting on Xbox One. All video content (TV shows, Movies, Blu-ray, DVD, etc.) is authored for (RGB Limited). You’ll actually lose visual dynamic range if you select Color Space = PC
    (RGB Full).

The "RGB Limited" setting could be named more accurately.'

Note they have now changed the name to RGB Standard and PC RGB. If you use RGB Standard then 99% of your "crushed black" problems will be gone

For more info:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/adjust-display-settings
  7. DangerousBard Win User

TV Calibration Tool

All depends on your TV set yet it's recommended to leave the color space setting set to TV (RGB Limited). RGB Limited is the broadcast standard for video content and is intended for use with televisions.
  8. jmcode Win User

Live TV input to XBOX ONE looks darker than expected.

I don't think this issue is limited to TV. There are reports that the Xbox One outputs crushed blacks when its RGB setting is set to "Full." What is your X1 set to? And your TV? Try setting the X1 to "Limited." If that doesn't help, try playing with the
    RGB settings on both X1 and TV...

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php
Thema:

Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited?

1. Xbox one - No Option to set tv to rgb limited? - Similar Threads - Option set rgb

2. Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Option unchecked by itself after setting it few days prior.: Why would my Xbox Home checked option on my second xbox become unchecked? After setting up 3 xboxes on Xmas day logging into all 3 with the main account setting them to home Xbox. Was working fine...
  3. Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?: I currently just got the Xbox Series X and was wanting to run 120 FPS, but I noticed there is not an option to change it in my Xbox settings. I have the "Acer Nitro 34" Class UWQHD Curved Gaming...
  4. Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?: Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local...
  5. Xbox app>Settings>Game Install Options, not working correctly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app>Settings>Game Install Options, not working correctly: When i go into Game install Options in the settings of the Xbox App, I try to change the Drive where the app installs games by default to my 2nd drive. For some reason this keeps going back to...
  6. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  7. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings: Hello there, As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there. The only thing I can see is that the PC I'm...
  8. Unable to set "home Xbox" none of the expected options are available

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to set "home Xbox" none of the expected options are available: I received this Xbox from a friend on 11/28/21. Since then the "My home Xbox" box says (0 of 5 switches left). If I click the "Make this my home Xbox" checkbox, a checkmark is added to the box...
  9. i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed: i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed 0198a1dd-7326-4629-9eca-027c38e8d9cb
  10. Insider update/setting option not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Insider update/setting option not showing up: Recently I have activated the the xbox update preview as ive read online that i would receive the new HUD of the main screen/other apps. After a few weeks/months i still have not received...