XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor

Discus and support XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive recently got a monitor to connect to my Xbox One by HDMI. It does have speakers as well a 3.5 Jack out, which i then plug into my old school RCA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ryanOS1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. ryanOS1
    ryanOS1 Guest

Ive recently got a monitor to connect to my Xbox One by HDMI. It does have speakers as well a 3.5 Jack out, which i then plug into my old school RCA amp. Videos and sounds from the Home screen play through the speakers with no issue (the Xbox 360 edition
    of Unreal Tournament also hade no issues with its game play audio) but the sound cuts completely when I start actually playing a game, however any audio from the games cutscenes comes through.

Ive searched for a solution, updated audio settings, updated drivers, factory reset and still have this issue of no gameplay audio.

Im hoping for a simple solution that doesn't require extra parts but if more equipment is needed, what would be the cheapest solution?

Thnx

:)

ryanOS1, Jan 25, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  3. MENOMK Win User

What speaker options do I have?

Hello, I also use pc monitor on xbox, I use an adapter to separate the audio that comes from xbox, in my case my monitor is VGA, which converts the audio to p2, checks if something in the market to use monitor input
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

I will try to word this as best as possible without it being confusing.

Xbox Streaming Setup -

I use an Xbox one and a PC to stream my Xbox gameplay to OBS via the console companion app.

However, I always find that my party chat audio is too low, I can turn it up in the "OBS Desktop Audio" setting, which seems to increase game and party chat audio. But in order for OBS to pickup the game and party chat audio, I need to it be playing out of my monitor speakers.

If I have this too loud, then there is an echo on stream, as the audio coming from the monitors is replayed through my USB microphone. Is there any way that I can increase the audio without having to increase it through my monitor too?

My Xbox controller is connected to my Xbox, with earphones I use to speak to party chat. I have a USB mic that I use to talk to people in chat.

If you have any questions about the setup or any vital information I have missed out, please let me know. Thanks.
    Don't know for sure as it's been a long time since I had a monitor with built-in speakers (and don't know your make and model) but can you not mute the monitor's speakers? OBS doesn't actually need the speakers to be outputting anything, just setup so they will output if on....when I stream, I have my audio going through a stereo and, once I am satisfied the audio is right, I turn the stero off.
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

Audio

PC monitors do not have audio. You would need to use a separate audio system to plug your One into.
  6. SoG Watchman Win User

Connecting Turtle Beach x12 to ASUS monitor on Xbox One?

What model of Asus monitor. If you're TV/monitor doesn't support HDMI and have an audio out port them you'll have to get the audio from the SPDIF port on the back of the Xbox One. Not quite sure what you would use to convert optical audio signal into an
    rca format... I would check over at the avsforum.com
Thema:

1. XBox One: No Game play audio when using monitor - Similar Threads - Game play audio

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  4. Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...: Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio any advice I have turtle beach recon 50x.? beacf63e-6d97-4866-989c-c8fe689055a7
  5. can I recover my game play time and audio from a certain day

in XBoX on Windows
    can I recover my game play time and audio from a certain day: I need the times and audio recovered from game play on a certain date is this possible? dd83c768-b629-4df5-8da1-83293e362e70
  6. Chat Audio: I can only hear and talk with my party in game play (Cant hear others) It works...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Chat Audio: I can only hear and talk with my party in game play (Cant hear others) It works...: When i play COD mw2 multiplayer in a party I can only hear and talk to my party member when in Game. When i play alone (not in party) everyhing works fine. Ive compared my settings to other party...
  7. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  8. my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...: brand new series s. audio on home screen works (button click sounds and such) when a game is started no audio from tv. seems to be sporadic. no game audio for halo or starwars battlefront, but...
  9. New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio: Hi, When trying to use my new Astro A10 headset, I have quickly realized that my headset can get the menu sound and the chat sound but it has no sound in game. How do I fix this?...
  10. When I try to play forza the game audio seems to stutter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to play forza the game audio seems to stutter: Every time I try to play forza on my Xbox one S, the audio stutters and is unplayable, however Spotify and other games that are also in disc form work perfectly, so I know it's nothing to do with...