XBOX ONE - Network Manager 10 App - cannot access shared network location!?

Discus and support XBOX ONE - Network Manager 10 App - cannot access shared network location!? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've always wanted to have access from my PC shared media content to my XBOX ONE, listen and watch movies through this method, but somehow doesn't seem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kairukun93, Dec 23, 2018.

1. kairukun93
    kairukun93 Guest

I've always wanted to have access from my PC shared media content to my XBOX ONE, listen and watch movies through this method, but somehow doesn't seem to find or cannot connect to my PC's shared network folders, "unable to connect". the way i set up mine:

Title : Any...

Network Path: \\MY-PC\shared\

Domain (optional): (blank)

Username: (PCUsername)

Password: (PCPassword)

and saved!

So what am i missing??

I do have the shared folders up over local network and they can be accessed from my Laptop with no issues, it's Windows 10 OS!

Anyone could shine a light/solution to this problem, please do!

Thanks in advanced,

:)

kairukun93, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Radiant Sword X Win User

You might want to try official support. It could be an issue that you might want to ask them before you try to take some action for those parts. https://support.xbox.com/en-us
  3. kairukun93 Win User

You might want to try official support. It could be an issue that you might want to ask them before you try to take some action for those parts. https://support.xbox.com/en-us
    The issue is that the app "Network Manager 10" is not listed at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/apps/All%20apps so... no actual help, there! the only way is to make a discussion here, seems that no one really asked about this issue as of now!?
    I just wish there's a straight forward way to access my files over local network, share media stuff etc! I know about Plex, but sometimes, i just need something simple! DLNA can be a pain as well, it organizes the movies and music folder by categories instead
    of by "folder".
  4. Varxtis Win User

XBox One S - Options For accessing files on PC.

Thank you!! I Tried VLC, and it's working great for Watching Media Files. Its even showing the MKVs with subtitles. Though it's reflecting the same limitations as media player in regards to the folders its registering. VLC only shows folders #-M and nothing
    beyond this. Do you know about this limitation and why it happens?

- File Explorer XBox One app only shows information for internal storage and Ext Drives connected to the XBox One S. It doesn't have any network options to access files from a PC on the network.

- I tried an XBox One app called "Files&Folders Lite, but it doesn't provide network options either.

- I tried an XBox One App called "Network File Manager 10" which definitely provides the option to access a PC on the network, but I haven't been successful yet. I'm entering all the info properly, but it just won't come up. I can access the desired target
    PC from other computers and devices (EX File Manager on Android device) on the network, so I know it's not a network issue.
  5. MoeZArts Win User

توصيل وحدة التحكم الخاصة ب xbox360 على اللاب توب

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-pc/9a22090e-dd4b-429e-8737-d943a3317f8d

"Make sure the Xbox 360 is powered on.

On Windows 10, RIGHT-click your network icon next to the clock (either WiFi waves or a computer screen with Ethernet-cord icons) and open the network and internet settings.

Be aware, that I'm using a German Windows 10, so my translation of the settings might a bit off, but I hope you'll find what I mean.

In the Network and Internet settings, find the "Network and sharing center" further down on the "Status" screen. Click on that.

In the new "Network and Sharing center" find "Change advanced sharing settings" on the left.

On the bottom, expand the section "All Networks".

Under the section "Media Streaming", click on the "Select Media Streaming options..."

If necessary, activate media streaming.

It should now show you a list of devices in your local network. On the list should be your Xbox 360, if it's powered on.

Allow the Xbox 360 to access your shared media.

Now open the start menu and type "Windows Media Player". Open the Windows Media Player Desktop App.

Check that your videos appear in the Media Player's Media Library.

If not, make sure that the Media Player knows where your videos are stored, if they are not in the default location (C:\Users\[Your Username]\Videos)

If your videos are in a compliant format, they should now be able to be streamed to your Xbox 360."
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Cannot download games on Microsoft Store

Hello ChristopherKlopper,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Does this issue occur with multiple games or just Minecraft? Do you see any network errors when you look at the network
    settings in the Xbox Console Companion App? We will provide steps on how to locate the network settings in the Xbox Console Companion App. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Be sure to let us know the results!

How to access the network settings in the Xbox Console Companion App:

1. Launch the Xbox Console Companion App
    2. Sign in to the app with your Microsoft account
    3. Select the gear icon on the bottom left of the app
    4. Select Network
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE - Network Manager 10 App - cannot access shared network location!? - Similar Threads - Network Manager App

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  6. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  7. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  10. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...