XBox one Multi profiles question dont ask for password on every profile once saved.

Discus and support XBox one Multi profiles question dont ask for password on every profile once saved. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see alot of how not to ask for passwords or to save passwords so you wont get prompted for a single account. I have 4 profiles on my xbox one and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cybergost1, Jun 29, 2015.

1. cybergost1
    cybergost1 Guest

XBox one Multi profiles question dont ask for password on every profile once saved.

I see alot of how not to ask for passwords or to save passwords so you wont get prompted for a single account.

I have 4 profiles on my xbox one and everytime i go into settings and put instant sign in it removes it from one of the other accounts. This is the only option i can see regarding passwords. I am tried of having to go in and sign my son in or my wife in
    because they dont get it. I tell them the password and they cant seem to type in in communications issue it seems.

Please Help

:)

cybergost1, Jun 29, 2015
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Jun 29, 2015
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to Download, Move or Delete Xbox Live Profiles

You need to download, move or delete your Xbox Live profile in certain circumstances. If you want to play on multiple consoles of your own or of your friends, you will have to download or move your Xbox Live profile from one console to another.

In addition, you might need to download the Xbox Live profile for the following reasons:

• You deleted you Xbox live profile by mistake.
    • You need to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
    • You want to use your existing Zune or Games for Windows account instead of creating a new account.

You can also move your profile to the other consoles using a USB flash drive.

How to download Your Xbox Live Profile

You can easily download your Xbox Live gamertag to a console by following a few easy steps:

• Press the larger X button in the center of your controller which will lead you to the Xbox Guide.
    • Select Download Profile to start download. If your do not find this option, sign out of your profile by pressing X.
    Enter the user ID of your Microsoft account (Windows Live ID) which is associated with your Xbox Live gamertag and then enter the password. Select the desired storage drive to save the profile.

Note: A Microsoft account is essential for signing in to any Microsoft services like Xbox Live. You have to provide your parent’s Microsoft account information to download the profile if your account is an Xbox Live child account.

You can save your "Microsoft account" password on the console, so that you don't need to provide it to sign into your profile again. The Remember Password option is off by default. It is better to save the password on your own console not to be asked to enter the password again and again at the time of singing into your profile. If you are using a console that is not yours, you may want to leave the Remember Password option off (unchecked).

Now you should be able to sign in with your gamertag on the console.

**If per chance you did opt to check the Remember Password option on someone else's console, your password can be remotely removed off of that console. Check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to move your profile to another console

You can easily move your profile to another console using a USB flash drive or Xbox Memory unit following these steps:
    • First off, plug a USB flash drive or an original Xbox 360 Memory Unit into your console.
    • Go to the Settings option to select storage and then select All Devices.
    • Select Gamer Profiles and Press Move.
    • You need to select the USB Storage Device or Memory Unit
    After performing the above successfully, remove the memory unit or USB flash drive and insert it into the console on which you want to move your profile. You are required to enter your Microsoft account password which ensures the security of your account.

After playing on another console, if you want to move it to previous console, remove the USB flash drive or Memory unit and take it back to the original console and repeat the steps above.

**You will be asked for your Microsoft account password when you move your profile to a different console. This is to protect you and your account if the device is ever stolen. If you want to find out more, check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to delete a gamer profile

You can delete unused profiles following few steps:

• Go to Settings to select system.
    • Select Storage
    • Go to All Devices and select Gamer Profiles.
    • Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    • Press delete.
    Note: You can delete the profiles only or you can delete both the profiles and items (the associated saved games and achievements).

kevin, Jun 29, 2015
  4. XBox one Multi profiles question dont ask for password on every profile once saved.

Hi there, I believe only one account per console can be selected for automatic sign-in at a time, though when you click on another profile to sign-in, it shouldn't ask for the password unless the settings on the particular account require it.

Change all accounts sign-in preferences to remember the password by following the steps at link:

support.xbox.com/.../remove-microsoft-account-password-from-console

DigitalAssassin, Jun 29, 2015
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hi there, I believe only one account per console can be selected for automatic sign-in at a time, though when you click on another profile to sign-in, it shouldn't ask for the password unless the settings on the particular account require it.

Change all accounts sign-in preferences to remember the password by following the steps at link:

support.xbox.com/.../remove-microsoft-account-password-from-console
  6. TaiMatthews Win User

Cant sign in to Xbox live on my Xbox 360

I dont have an xbox 360 profile password and it says it wants my Microsoft account password but once I enter it it says that the password didn't work
  7. OmarLinares Win User

Reset

You will always need a profile to play, if the issue is that you don't want to enter the password all the time, just download the profile again and you will be asked if you want to save the password
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

Lost gamer points due to sold console that shop never cleared

Actually does this prove I used the same account?

MS support asked me to log into my account.

They gave me a link that listed all my devices once I logged in.

My WIn 10 laptop was listed.

So we're my 2 Xboxes.

The old black Xbox One.

And also my new whitebXbox One S.

MS support got me to delete the old black Xbox One from my account.

They said that will sort the issue of the old console logging in automatically.

My problem now is the gamer points.
    The only thing that will prevent them from logging in automatically would be for you to change your password on the account because the password would be saved to the console and once you change the password and they try and sign in it will look at the password
    that saved on the console and if it doesnt match the new password then its going to ask them to input the new password.

If you dont change the password when it looks at the password thats saved on the console and it matches what they have in the account its going to let them just sign in.

all deleting it from your account means is that xbox is no longer registered to your account it does not remove your profile from that xbox.

When you sign into account.xbox.com to your account what is the Gamerscore that shows up there?

And again it is not possible to be signed into two different xbox ONE consoles at the same time.
  9. Mistress Sara Win User

2 xbox's at home and I keep being asked to set up security proofs

Hi there Madrob. When you log into your profile on either Xbox, did you select remember password?

-

When I movie from one Xbox to another I get asked for proofs unless I save the password.

-

You can find more details about moving profiles here:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Let us know if any of these steps worked.
Thema:

1. XBox one Multi profiles question dont ask for password on every profile once saved. - Similar Threads - Multi profiles question

2. The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform

in XboX Insiders
    The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform: I'm sure everyone has heard the rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform I just wanted to give my opinion and feedback on what I think Microsoft should do with their first party...
  3. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  4. Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...: Do you still receive bonus multi-bucks when you buy a higher bundle than the cheapest option? The game I'm referring to is The Finals. I just want to be sure, I was going to buy a larger bundle...
  5. Multi Player ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multi Player ?: Hi I’m new to Xbox (annd gaming in general) and just purchased an Xbox Series X with 2 controllers. I would like to play racing games with 2 players (in person) with 2 controllers (not online)....
  6. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  7. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  8. I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft: Why can I not go on multi plear on minecraft?? 63e6a667-5cd5-48bf-871c-d2b41ed1a0b9
  9. The link to wear I can activate multi player settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The link to wear I can activate multi player settings: I can't play with this account online multiplayer games 01924916-c6e2-4fd3-a865-c507c56e5c9a
  10. My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...: My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1 REVOLUTION 8edb1cb2-e563-416f-a59d-58af67705a1b