Xbox One Mic Can Hear, but Can't Talk?

Discus and support Xbox One Mic Can Hear, but Can't Talk? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Same issue and yet the dot disappears when unplugging and reappears when plugging it back in, yet it will not glow when I talk and yet the light for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stealthy0Bird, Jan 30, 2015.

1. OmGodSlayMe
    OmGodSlayMe Guest

Same issue and yet the dot disappears when unplugging and reappears when plugging it back in, yet it will not glow when I talk and yet the light for the mute turns on and I can hear the volume adjustment sounds. Interesting how it occurred right after the
    system down Saturday night or early sunday morning. It went out and since the core services returned and downloadable games are now playable the only problem is talking over the mic. Considering there are no fixes to this, there should be an update for xbox
    soon. It has to do with some software issue they must have incurred during the attacks. Interestingly enough, the xbox one sitting next to mine worked fine through the attack and chat headset works. When using the other headset with my controller and xbox
    it works but my headset will not work with that one or my own. I'm reluctant to purchase another one considering it's 25 dollars and it doesn't seem to solve other people's issues either. I don't know if it's worth wasting money on.

OmGodSlayMe, Jul 27, 2015
  2. I too have this issue. I have bought 3 controllers and 3 stereo headsets in order to rectify the problem. and $300 bucks later...still have the same issue. Customer support puts me on hold for 42 minutes and say that they've never heard of this before and
    I'm the only one. Never tried a forum before but at this point ...I'm desperate.

Everything was working fine until that mysterious outage that happened over the weekend that everyone on Microsoft's end seem to be avoiding. I think they were target of hackers and they're trying to keep it quiet.

ThaExecutor3175, Jul 28, 2015
  3. I have a problem like that and I did all of those INCLUDING forwarding the ports, after I forward the ports however, the mic barely works as in I have to yell into it and it sometimes does not respond, but when it does, they only hear static, after about
    30 minutes, no matter what, it does not respond and when I hit the messaging limit, I cannot communicate at all and I am scared that if I get a new mic, it might be the internet

SuperiorRaiderz, Aug 11, 2015
  4. SupaYahni
    SupaYahni Guest

I think the problem is the controller, unfortunately. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions, and then finally bought a new headset. That one seems to be the same problem, can hear through the headset, but when I check in the party, my "chat
    dot" doesnt light up when I speak. Balls.

SupaYahni, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: