Xbox One mic can hear but can't talk

Discus and support Xbox One mic can hear but can't talk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey , I have been having major problem . My Xbox one headset allows me to hear my friends but they cannot hear me. I have gone through all basic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TOMMYZIEGLER88, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Xbox One mic can hear but can't talk

Hey , I have been having major problem . My Xbox one headset allows me to hear my friends but they cannot hear me. I have gone through all basic troubleshooting multiple times already. These step steps include , power cycles , reset , open NAT type, new
    controllers, new headsets , updating my security settings, etc. Can anyone help me?

:)

TOMMYZIEGLER88, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Asurics
    Asurics Guest
    Voice chat not working

My xbox one mic isn't working although my latency is bellow 100 ms. I can hear people talk but I can't talk and be heard.

Asurics, Jan 28, 2018
  3. iBeLaZzy
    iBeLaZzy Guest
    Mic doesent work

Hello so. when I go into A part on Xbox one (my mice connected and working) I can hear the people in the party over the mic but I can't talk PLEASE HELP

iBeLaZzy, Jan 28, 2018
  4. FiendTHX1138
    FiendTHX1138 Guest

Bro I have the same thing. I know my headset works. I've used it on my PC and phone .

FiendTHX1138, Jan 28, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    What kind of headset are you using?

The Xbox One controller uses the same wiring standard that Android phones use (CTIA). If you have an Android phone, plug in your headset and see if you hear anything and try and make a call using the headset, make sure the mic is working too.

Apple phones and devices use the OMTP standard. Basically, they flip the mic and ground wire around from what Android uses and the mic won't work.

I've got a bunch of stuff posted below. Read through it first.

----------

With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset Mic is set to On and headset volume and mic monitoring is turned up

- Check the headset itself just to make sure there's no mute enabled on the headset

Then start a party and see if the circle lights up around your gamer pic

----------

If that doesn't work, try another profile on your Xbox and see if that other profile works with the headset.

If it does, then you might have an issue with your profile. You might try and remove and re-add your profile and test.

If that doesn't work, then try a console reset. Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS

----------

Controller troubleshooting. If it's a software issue with the controller, this should help.
    1) Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options

2) Select Firmware version, (even if it states no update available) and then choose Update Now.

- When its done it should state no updates needed

- Choose Close

3) Choose More Options > Select Assigned to and re-assign your profile to your controller

4) Buzz the controller. It should buzz. If it doesn't, either the feature is turned off or the batteries are low. Use new batteries and test again.

5) Go back to Configure and choose Restore Original. This resets the controller back to defaults

6) Pull the batteries out of the controller and leave them out until the Xbox has restarted from the step below

7) Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

8) Put batteries back in the controller

9) Re-sync your Xbox One controller to refresh the connection back to the Xbox.

- If you're not sure how - How to Sync an Xbox One Wireless Controller with Your Console

10) With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset volume is all the way up

11) Now test the headset and see if it's working.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Did you ever fix your issue. I'm having the same problem if done everything I can to solve this issue

ScaryFawn215152, Jul 30, 2018
  7. Yer Maws Da
    Yer Maws Da Guest
    I'm still having the same problems, but according to Microsoft it's an IP adress problem.

Yer Maws Da, Oct 10, 2018
  8. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey guys,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried
    so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

Thank you!

XBF Diego M, Nov 1, 2018
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey guys,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried
    so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

Thank you!
  10. FiendTHX1138 Win User

Bro I have the same thing. I know my headset works. I've used it on my PC and phone .
  11. ScaryFawn215152 Win User

Did you ever fix your issue. I'm having the same problem if done everything I can to solve this issue
  12. Yer Maws Da Win User

I'm still having the same problems, but according to Microsoft it's an IP adress problem.
  13. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

What kind of headset are you using?

The Xbox One controller uses the same wiring standard that Android phones use (CTIA). If you have an Android phone, plug in your headset and see if you hear anything and try and make a call using the headset, make sure the mic is working too.

Apple phones and devices use the OMTP standard. Basically, they flip the mic and ground wire around from what Android uses and the mic won't work.

I've got a bunch of stuff posted below. Read through it first.

----------

With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Make sure the Headset Mic is set to On and headset volume and mic monitoring is turned up

- Check the headset itself just to make sure there's no mute enabled on the headset

Then start a party and see if the circle lights up around your gamer pic

----------

If that doesn't work, try another profile on your Xbox and see if that other profile works with the headset.

If it does, then you might have an issue with your profile. You might try and remove and re-add your profile and test.

If that doesn't work, then try a console reset. Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS

----------

Controller troubleshooting. If it's a software issue with the controller, this should help.
    1) Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options

2) Select Firmware version, (even if it states no update available) and then choose Update Now.

- When its done it should state no updates needed

- Choose Close

3) Choose More Options > Select Assigned to and re-assign your profile to your controller

4) Buzz the controller. It should buzz. If it doesn't, either the feature is turned off or the batteries are low. Use new batteries and test again.

5) Go back to Configure and choose Restore Original. This resets the controller back to defaults

6) Pull the batteries out of the controller and leave them out until the Xbox has restarted from the step below

7) Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

8) Put batteries back in the controller

9) Re-sync your Xbox One controller to refresh the connection back to the Xbox.

- If you're not sure how - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

10) With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Make sure the Headset volume is all the way up

11) Now test the headset and see if it's working.
Thema:

1. Xbox One mic can hear but can't talk - Similar Threads - mic hear can't

2. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  3. Xbox party issue: friends can hear an echo from my mic but I can't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party issue: friends can hear an echo from my mic but I can't.: A short while ago I bought a new controller to replace one with some drift on a thumbstick. It also works wonders for volume since it gets past the greyed out volume settings for moly older...
  4. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: Hello. I’ve bought a new PowerA controller because my old one was broken and I’ve bought a new headset aswell. I connect my headset into my controller and I can hear myself through mic monitoring,...
  5. I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.: The headphones and mic are working ive checked. Ive had to buy several new controllers and they work for a bit but then the mic mute icon comes up and it all stops working again! Is there a virus...
  6. Mic Working, but can't hear others - Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Working, but can't hear others - Party Chat: I have a new issue, i regularly play in parties on my xbox one. I was in the middle of playing with a friend, when ibsuddenly stopped being able to hear him speak, i could see the ring activating...
  7. I can't hear myself with mic-monitoring

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear myself with mic-monitoring: I'm not sure what's going on. I have tried with three different headsets and two different controllers, but I can only faintly hear my voice through my headsets. Here's what I have tried: Xbox...
  8. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: So, as I said in the header, I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party cannot. I've tried numerous amounts of things and none workout. I've tried, Restarting my Xbox...
  9. I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip: Hi, I'm trying to make a Minecraft YouTube series from my Xbox One with my mic audio in it, but when I made a test video I couldn't hear myself, I could only hear the game audio. I tried messing...
  10. Mic not working can hear friends but they can't hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working can hear friends but they can't hear me: I been having this problem were I can hear my friends on chat but they can't hear me . I thought it was my headset so I bough a new one and still same problem . I check my settings I got open...