Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

Discus and support Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClintCarter14, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

As the title suggests I can't play or pause using my media remote after the most recent update. I believe the button remapping is to blame. How do I roll back this update or update the media remote so it functions properly? If this is unable to be rolled
    back or updated to function properly, how do I return the remote to Microsoft for a refund or replacement that does work with the current console update?

:)

ClintCarter14, Apr 2, 2017
  2. thesccmguy
    thesccmguy Guest
    Pause button not working on any remote in Netflix app

I have a nyko media remote with a pause/play button for Xbox one. A few weeks ago the pause stopped working in Netflix but works fine in plex. I can pause with the Xbox controller with no issues. Currently we have to stop and then resume the video.

thesccmguy, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Xbox One Media Remote not working on PIN Passcode Sign in screen since Feb update

Ever since the Feb Software update you can no longer use the Media Remote to sign in at the PIN screen.

It will not let you use the Play/Pause, Stop, Next Track, Previous Track, Forward, Back buttons to select the 0-9 digits on the pin number passcode screen.

This worked perfectly before the Feb Update.

Issues is with all profiles, even with a new profile.

Media Remote buttons all work fine in other apps like xbox music etc.

Have done a full system restart, replaced batteries, everything.

The Feb update has broken the ability of the Media Remote to be used to sign in!

Help!

MrAndrewMcDonald, Apr 2, 2017
  4. thesccmguy Win User

Pause button not working on any remote in Netflix app

I have a nyko media remote with a pause/play button for Xbox one. A few weeks ago the pause stopped working in Netflix but works fine in plex. I can pause with the Xbox controller with no issues. Currently we have to stop and then resume the video.
  5. SpyerMe Win User

Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update

I have the same problem with Netflix and the media remote. The only buttons that still work are the Xbox home key, and the Play/Pause key. Media remote buttons work fine navigating the Xbox menu so I know it works fine but when using Netflix I cannot FF,
    rewind, skip, select, etc. This started happening after the November update. If I uninstall Netflix app and reinstall it the remote will work fine until I power off the console at night. The next day when I use power up and use Netflix the remote is back to
    not working again. I use energy-save power settings.
  6. Symo85 Win User

BBC Iplayer - remote & Kinect

Don't mind about the kinect, don't actually have one, but the media remote pause button not working is super annoying...
  7. JLR13 Win User

Home button

I am also having this issue with two different Xbox Ones and two different media remotes. Most likely a recent update has caused all of our remotes to stop working correctly.
  8. JOEZILLA-F3713C3E-C0 Win User

Media Remote

I hope there's a new update for the media remote for better functionality of the bluray player, menu buttons work perfectly if using the xbox controller, but using the remote hitting play/pause twice just to bring up the menu and selecting scene or main
    menu., plus no quick way to get rid of the menu feedback unless using a controller. While movie is playing. Disappointed so far in M$
Thema:

Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update.

1. Xbox One Media Remote Play & Pause buttons no longer work after most recent update. - Similar Threads - Media Remote Play

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  5. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.: When tryin to watch movies stored on an external harddrive, I quite often recieve this message. It happens randomly and not all the time. When it does happen it can be 10min after the media has...
  8. Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control: Hello, I recently upgraded from the Xbox One X to the Series X earlier this month. In the same time, I have decided to cut the cord on cable and only go with streaming services. The Series X will...
  9. Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...: Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s website but nothing ia working. Please help e5484eff-9781-4e72-855f-5aa26da24bb3
  10. Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles: Is there an investigation happen to solve media remote controlling two xboxes in the same room? Is it possible to deactivate the ir receiver on one console? submitted by /u/sl1kr1ky [link]...