XBOX ONE Media Player App, play by track number instead of alphabetical file order.

Discus and support XBOX ONE Media Player App, play by track number instead of alphabetical file order. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive connected to my XBOX ONE with my music collection on it. When I play an album its playing the songs in alphabetical order by the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kerry Waterfield, Mar 9, 2016.

1. XBOX ONE Media Player App, play by track number instead of alphabetical file order.

I have a thumb drive connected to my XBOX ONE with my music collection on it. When I play an album its playing the songs in alphabetical order by the actual file name. How do I get it to play them by the ID3 track number info? The info is there in the MP3
    files. I cannot find any settings menu for the actual App itself, only for the XBOX.

:)

Kerry Waterfield, Mar 9, 2016
  2. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest
    Why can't i play MKV files on my Xbox One? after recent update?

Taken from the preview forums:

sniffles x, Mar 9, 2016
  3. FX45guy2006
    FX45guy2006 Guest
    Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC

Maybe someone could at least confirm for me whether this is even a use-case that is expected to work?Is it expected that you can stream MKV video using the Media Player app on Xbox One from a Win8.1 PC media library?

I have subsequently tried to re-pro the issue on a fresh build of Win8.1 on a different PC on my home network, using the same MKV files, and same Media Streaming options. In this case Media Player app on XB1 does not even list the MKV files within this media
    library. Maybe this is the default behaviour instead?

On the PC hosting the MKV files with which the Media Player app gives error 0xc00d36c4, I once had some third-party MKV codecs installed (CCCP) so that I could watch MKVs in Media Player 12 for Windows 8. Once MS added MKV support to the Video app in Win8.1
    I uninstalled these third-party codecs. Could this be the only reason that the Media Player app on XB1 sees the MKV files in this media library, and it isn't even supposed to?

FX45guy2006, Mar 9, 2016
  4. jai 123
    jai 123 Guest

XBOX ONE Media Player App, play by track number instead of alphabetical file order.

Just discovered this myself. It truly is embarrassing, the sheer incompetence of Microsoft to create a 'media player' app that can't even recognize things like track numbers. I'm actually speechless.

jai 123, Jun 6, 2016
  5. And Groove is a trial on the XBOX? So I assume you have to pay a subscription when the trial runs out? It's free on the PC though? What's up with that?

Kerry Waterfield, Oct 31, 2018
  6. jai 123 Win User

Just discovered this myself. It truly is embarrassing, the sheer incompetence of Microsoft to create a 'media player' app that can't even recognize things like track numbers. I'm actually speechless.
  7. Kerry Waterfield Win User

And Groove is a trial on the XBOX? So I assume you have to pay a subscription when the trial runs out? It's free on the PC though? What's up with that?
  8. ArminatorX Win User

edere File Video su Pc sulla Xbox 360[Translation-E.O. Video Files on PC on Xbox 360]

The Xbox (and other media devices) don't access your media files directly. Instead they use something called DLNA, which requires your PC to have indexed your media library.

Then only the index is read by the Xbox (or other media players), and according to that index, you choose the files to play.

If you moved files around, or the index became corrupted, the Xbox can't find the media files anymore.

Please start the Windows Media player on your PC, and check that in that Media Player library, your media files are shown and are working correctly.

If the Media Player can't locate your media, the Xbox 360 can't get to the media as well.
  9. FX45guy2006 Win User

Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC

Maybe someone could at least confirm for me whether this is even a use-case that is expected to work?Is it expected that you can stream MKV video using the Media Player app on Xbox One from a Win8.1 PC media library?

I have subsequently tried to re-pro the issue on a fresh build of Win8.1 on a different PC on my home network, using the same MKV files, and same Media Streaming options. In this case Media Player app on XB1 does not even list the MKV files within this media
    library. Maybe this is the default behaviour instead?

On the PC hosting the MKV files with which the Media Player app gives error 0xc00d36c4, I once had some third-party MKV codecs installed (CCCP) so that I could watch MKVs in Media Player 12 for Windows 8. Once MS added MKV support to the Video app in Win8.1
    I uninstalled these third-party codecs. Could this be the only reason that the Media Player app on XB1 sees the MKV files in this media library, and it isn't even supposed to?
  10. CallMeLalo Win User

Trying to play movies from a flash drive and can't find the app

There is some specific criteria your media needs to meet in your USB in order for it to play media through the app, click this link and it'll give you all the
    info on the media player app and what it can do
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE Media Player App, play by track number instead of alphabetical file order. - Similar Threads - Media Player App

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  6. DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

in XboX Insiders
    DLNA broken with new Media Player app?: A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the...
  7. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Windows
    DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series: Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the...
  8. Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app: Anybody else still having this issue 1 month and a bit later? It reads my 1TB and 2TB but not my 5TB in media player. submitted by /u/JesseJayy420 [link] [comments]
  9. Media player app issues for external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    Media player app issues for external hard drive: Anyone having issues since latest update? Like not working? submitted by /u/Shmeediddy [link] [comments]
  10. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...