xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down

Discus and support xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IxWRECKxSHOP, Nov 25, 2015.

1. IxWRECKxSHOP
    IxWRECKxSHOP Guest

last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to console light turns off tried power at 2 diff houses same thing went to gamestop bought power supply same
    thing I looked up a post with same problem the reply was as follows

Level

• Suggested Answer
    • Posted 7 Nov 2015 2:10 PM

• Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had recently.

It sounds to me like you have had a power surge within your home which has caused an a lot of electricity to go into the console at one time.

The official Xbox One power supply does come with a built in surge protector, but it must be reset before you can use it. To do this, please follow these instructions:

1. Unplug the cables from the console, wall outlet and power supply itself.

2. Wait 10 seconds. It is important that you wait 10 seconds. as this step lets the power supply reset. Make sure that you unplug the power supply unit from both the wall and your Xbox One console.

3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the console, and then plug the power cable back into the power outlet and the power supply. Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can
      affect the performance of your power supply.

4. Turn on the console and check the light on the power supply.

If you need any more information, please visit this page:
      support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

I hope this helps!

-Eden0032

so I did this and I did not work so I visited the support address listed in post and still same thing PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

IxWRECKxSHOP, Nov 25, 2015
  2. Loud pop, will not come back on.

Last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on, when I plug power supply to the wall the light is orange when I plug it into console the light turns off. Help?!

BizzareCashew00, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Xbox one - Fan still loud after sending it to Microsoft

I sent my Xbox one to Microsoft a while ago because of a loud fan noise and when I got it back, the fan seemed to be louder! When the Xbox is off, the fan is still running and makes a lot of noise, and then when it is on, the fan gets even louder and sounds
    like buzzing. Even when I shut my console down, the Xbox fan seems to never shut off and can be heard across my room nonstop.

knucklehead4226, Nov 25, 2015
  4. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest

Hey there. I would first try those steps again, but leave it unplugged a little longer. I would wait at least 5 minutes.

If you have a friend that also has an Xbox One, see if you can borrow their power supply, so that you know that it is a working power supply. If not, try to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it, in case the one you got is bad.

If it still doesn't work after that, and you went through all of the troubleshooting listed on that page, it sounds like you will need to get your console repaired. If you need to do that, you can start an order at
    http://myservice.xbox.com.

Kenny H., Nov 26, 2015
  5. TechSGT1
    TechSGT1 Guest
    I don't mind the way the instructions are worded, EXCEPT the one that says:

"Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply."

This would be a LOT easier to do, and I would DO It if the darn power supply cord was long enough so that 2 things were possible:

1. You should be able to leave the power brick on a STABE surface, and not have to worry the thing falls off the surface: The Cord is TOO SHORT to allow me to plug the cord directly into the wall, and the brick can hit the floor unexpectedly (as has happened
    to me TWICE.

2. The Power cord is not as LONG as the 360's cord: I understand the fact that the new brick has some special surge protection, but in addition to the fact that the cord is too short, the cord connected to the brick can come loose, and fall out of the
    brick - I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

How does one TELL/ASK XBOX to make a better power Brick/Longer Cord: at least 6 foot would be good, that way the thing stays on the FLOOR???

Brian

TechSGT1, Nov 28, 2015
  6. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    Kenny H., Nov 28, 2015
  7. WTom1
    WTom1 Guest
    > I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

Adjacent protector can make Xbox easier. It is not designed for constant spikes (ie from a generator). Its near zero design is for a single spike. Repeated spikes can, in rare cases, cause it to become the source of a fire. Meanwhile, protection routinely
    designed in all electronics makes spikes from a generator irrelevant.

Best power strip is one without protector parts AND with the always required circuit breaker.

Receptacles must be located so that one is always within 6 feet of anything along the wall. If not, a new wall receptacle is required (per code).

WTom1, Oct 31, 2018
  8. TechSGT1 Win User

I don't mind the way the instructions are worded, EXCEPT the one that says:

"Connect the power supply directly into a wall outlet. Do not use any surge protectors or extension cords, because they can affect the performance of your power supply."

This would be a LOT easier to do, and I would DO It if the darn power supply cord was long enough so that 2 things were possible:

1. You should be able to leave the power brick on a STABE surface, and not have to worry the thing falls off the surface: The Cord is TOO SHORT to allow me to plug the cord directly into the wall, and the brick can hit the floor unexpectedly (as has happened
    to me TWICE.

2. The Power cord is not as LONG as the 360's cord: I understand the fact that the new brick has some special surge protection, but in addition to the fact that the cord is too short, the cord connected to the brick can come loose, and fall out of the
    brick - I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

How does one TELL/ASK XBOX to make a better power Brick/Longer Cord: at least 6 foot would be good, that way the thing stays on the FLOOR???

Brian
  9. Kenny H. Win User

10. Kenny H. Win User

Hey there. I would first try those steps again, but leave it unplugged a little longer. I would wait at least 5 minutes.

If you have a friend that also has an Xbox One, see if you can borrow their power supply, so that you know that it is a working power supply. If not, try to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it, in case the one you got is bad.

If it still doesn't work after that, and you went through all of the troubleshooting listed on that page, it sounds like you will need to get your console repaired. If you need to do that, you can start an order at
    http://myservice.xbox.com.
  11. WTom1 Win User

> I HAVE to use surge supressors in here, because I live in an older building with a generator, and would much rather have it plugged to a suppressor, and have the spike knock out the surge protector, rather then an XBOX One Power Supply.

Adjacent protector can make Xbox easier. It is not designed for constant spikes (ie from a generator). Its near zero design is for a single spike. Repeated spikes can, in rare cases, cause it to become the source of a fire. Meanwhile, protection routinely
    designed in all electronics makes spikes from a generator irrelevant.

Best power strip is one without protector parts AND with the always required circuit breaker.

Receptacles must be located so that one is always within 6 feet of anything along the wall. If not, a new wall receptacle is required (per code).
  12. イザヤ Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
Thema:

1. xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down - Similar Threads - made loud pop

2. Can I make a fan made Xbox profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I make a fan made Xbox profile: I wanna make a Xbox fan made profile picture and want to send it to you so you can make it an official Xbox profile cf4ffc54-4739-4926-b3b5-c328ccdf616e
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on: I was playing 2k and outta no where my xbox made a pop sound and turned off and now it don’t turn on efab7840-0b10-41c8-a24f-538717a72126
  5. I purchased modern warfare 2 on disc and my Xbox made a loud noise with my disc in it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased modern warfare 2 on disc and my Xbox made a loud noise with my disc in it and...: I payed $80 for this game and I don't have money to repurchase 884bea32-c3b6-44cf-ac1b-60487bee0cdb
  6. Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off: After playing for about 45 minutes, I heard a loud POP sound, my xbox shut down completely and then a weird smell lingered for a couple of seconds. At first I thought I blew a fuse and it was my...
  7. My xbox made loud noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox made loud noises: I had an xbox 360 and turned it on, after like 2 minuites the disc reader got really loud and didnt read my disc. I turned it off than back on, still the same problem. Than I tried reading the...
  8. Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all: Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all I was just playing rainbow six siege for about an hour in the morning and then got off for about 3hours came back...
  9. My Xbox made a loud niose and then turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox made a loud niose and then turned off.: My Xbox 1 just made a loud noise and turned of. I unplugged it and it turned back on and its working fine. Any body know what happened. Just want to know what happened....
  10. Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off: My son was playing xbox one BO3 when he heard a loud pop and everything went off. No signal and will not turn back on. Power block is orange. 719276a8-315e-4ee5-a0e1-eb5d4bb2b4a5