XBOX One - Locks up and reboots when watching video after playing Diablo 3

Discus and support XBOX One - Locks up and reboots when watching video after playing Diablo 3 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox one has no problem playing Diablo 3 for any amount of time. After I exit the game and watch tv, the console will hard lock, freeze video,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bcooper2007, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bcooper2007
    bcooper2007 Guest

So my Xbox one has no problem playing Diablo 3 for any amount of time. After I exit the game and watch tv, the console will hard lock, freeze video, and stutter like mad, then reboot. It seems this has started since the October update.

It will also occur randomly if I try to use Netflix or any streaming video without having played Diablo 3 prior. It's gotten so bad I disconnected the satellite box from the Xbox and have it on a dedicated HDMI port on the receiver now.

Anyone else having this lockup/crash/reboot issue?

:)

bcooper2007, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Unkle B
    Unkle B Guest
    Xbox one freezing after game play

I am having the exact same issue for about the same time frame. I switch from Diablo 3 to TV after a few hours of playing. After about a few minutes, the video feed stops, but I still here sounds. Then the sound freezes. It stays frozen for a minute or so,
    then the Xbox One reboots.

Unkle B, Oct 6, 2014
  3. HsojVvad
    HsojVvad Guest
    Xbox One freezing?

Not sure what is going on. I already had to return the Xbox One because the disc driving wasn't reading or playing discs. Before when I use to play games, everything was ok. Then I sucked at Titanfall, Call of Duty so there was no games for me to play. My
    son liking those games have no problems with the games.

Now that I am playing Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, and playing anywhere from 1-5 hours of playing and then watching TV, the Xbox One seems to freeze. At first I thought it was my Satellite box freezing, but nope, it's the Xbox One. I thought maybe it was a
    Diablo 3 issue seeing when my son plays on the Xbox One it doesn't happen. Then again, I play longer when I play D3. When this happens, I can't even use the controller. I have to turn the Xbox One off by touching the power button for more than 5 seconds to
    shut it off and reboot it. When I played the original Diablo 3 months ago and hours at a time, I never had this issue.

So is anyone else having issues with their Xbox One freezing? Is this a playing Diablo 3 issue for a long time, or is it just playing any game for a long time, or is it just an Xbox One issue after the latest patch got updated?

HsojVvad, Oct 6, 2014
  4. BeardMiller
    BeardMiller Guest

My buddy had that. Just before it died and he had to send it back. I honestly hope that's not the case for you too! It's a horrid process trying to get a new one. The only thing you can try that sometimes helps is a hard reboot. Either hold down the
    XBOX button on the front of the console for 15 or so seconds or unplug the power plug from the back and wait a few. Hope one of those helps man. Worst case, it's under warranty, give them a call 1 800 4myxbox and try to get your replacement. Cool thing
    is they send you the replacement first. My buddies it was the power supply though. Which could take longer. Good Luck!

BeardMiller, Oct 6, 2014
  5. BeardMiller Win User

My buddy had that. Just before it died and he had to send it back. I honestly hope that's not the case for you too! It's a horrid process trying to get a new one. The only thing you can try that sometimes helps is a hard reboot. Either hold down the
    XBOX button on the front of the console for 15 or so seconds or unplug the power plug from the back and wait a few. Hope one of those helps man. Worst case, it's under warranty, give them a call 1 800 4myxbox and try to get your replacement. Cool thing
    is they send you the replacement first. My buddies it was the power supply though. Which could take longer. Good Luck!
  6. Unkle B Win User

Xbox one freezing after game play

I am having the exact same issue for about the same time frame. I switch from Diablo 3 to TV after a few hours of playing. After about a few minutes, the video feed stops, but I still here sounds. Then the sound freezes. It stays frozen for a minute or so,
    then the Xbox One reboots.
  7. Unkle B Win User

Xbox One restarting by itself

Same issue here, and it just started over the last week or so. I play D3 UEE for a couple of hours, then switch to TV, and within a few minutes the video locks up as the sound stutters. After another minute or so, the Xbox One reboots, and all is well.
  8. Darker Reaper Win User

Have You Ever Went To A Midnight Release Of A Game?

Back when this was posted I've never been to one but since then I've been to one last month, Diablo 3.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBCEV1yyD8]

My friend got hit in the face when they started shooting shirts in to the crowd. They even caught it on the video, lol.
  9. Shark Bytes Win User

Xbox One freezing?

Just reporting in that I have the exact same issue. Wife and I play Diablo 3 for about 3-4 hours and then watch TV before bed. After about 15-20 mins the TV will freeze and the Xbox hard resets itself. Seems to be an issue with Diablo 3, going to try
    the persistent storage fix and see if that does anything.
Thema:

1. XBOX One - Locks up and reboots when watching video after playing Diablo 3 - Similar Threads - Locks reboots watching

2. Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock): These controllers are getting expensive and open to thieving, especially when running a youth club etc. surely some security measures could be put in place. At the moment it seems it is too easy...
  3. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  4. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  5. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  6. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  7. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  8. Locked out Microsoft after someone trying to hack email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out Microsoft after someone trying to hack email: one of my family members has there email blocked after someone try to log on to his email from a different country he trying to recover it but getting no where this the email he had for many years...
  9. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  10. MW2 continues to lock up and then reboot / shut off my XB Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    MW2 continues to lock up and then reboot / shut off my XB Series X: Seems to be getting worse day after day especially after the new season dropped. At first the game would crash my xbox while playing DMZ or WZ2. Now it crashes my xbox no matter what mode I am in...