Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months

Discus and support Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Phillius"]Now I appreciate that Microsoft do not owe anyone anything, no law or rules are in place. But out of fairness to their fans and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZTROOPER16, Apr 11, 2014.

  1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

    Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months


    [quote user="Phillius"]Now I appreciate that Microsoft do not owe anyone anything, no law or rules are in place. But out of fairness to their fans and
    general consumers, I feel that they should look after those fans who decided to trust in Microsoft, but have then been let down[/quote]

    If they didn't lower the price they wouldn't have as many. I bought a Day 1 addition as well, but I knew it was over-priced. I just can't wait because I'm a very impatient person. When I want something, I want it now! I'm 39 and I'll never grow out of that.
     
    brandiesel1, Apr 11, 2014
    #16
  2. yes, I am loyal!! Whats your point?? These forums, and gaming in general could use a little more loyalty to MS!! MS brought us console gaming, we should be thankful, but instead we are not!
     
    SpartanOstrich3, Apr 11, 2014
    #17
  3. $800 still worth the price, Ostrich? Seriously? Maybe only in your own mind, perhaps. $500 was hard enough to come by.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 11, 2014
    #18
  4. Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months

    MS bought us console gaming? I see,,,,,,,,
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, Apr 11, 2014
    #19
  5. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Yes i agree. We have 3 so as soon as titanfall edition went for 349 we lost hundreds in equity.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 11, 2014
    #20
  6. Don't worry about Spartan, he just likes to hype it up to drastically untrue proportions.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 11, 2014
    #21
  7. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    You want MS to pay you because you think you paid to much for your xb1

    Ooooookkkkk.
     
    robnyack, Apr 11, 2014
    #22
  8. Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months

    www.computerandvideogames.com/.../xbox-one-price-cut-to-pound349-by-uk-retailer

    The second price drop in about a month

    To drop prices twice so soon is a smack in the face for the most loyal customers who bought at launch or soon after

    Rrp was £430 at launch,games rrp £60. So £350 including a game is a price drop of £140 in real terms, just 4 months after launch

    It smacks of desperation, but they have to do something

    Whilst the xbone is selling well in usa, in uk & europe it simply isn't. It comes down to supply and demand.

    Personally I'd rather they kept the price the same and used that money to develop games. Games sell consoles.
     
    SurfaceMoney397, Apr 11, 2014
    #23
  9. Do not be Mad at Capitalism, it is everywhere. Even in your own little heart!

    Xbox seen an Opportunity to make more money and they laid their cards out. Some people chose too buy into the Front Lines of gaming Regardless of other product pricing and value. Some waited.

    Nothing is Owed too you!

    Except the community becoming Mad at you for Re Living this Thread for the 3000th time
     
    Listed mia 510, Apr 11, 2014
    #24
  10. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Not everyone lives in the UK??
     
    Burnin TODI, Apr 11, 2014
    #25
  11. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    $599 in Australia... No discounts... Just saying.

    Get over it, try paying Aussie prices then come back to me.

    GO AWAY SPARTAN... Your so far away from reality it's sad.
     
    xenomorph v1, Apr 11, 2014
    #26
  12. Wow. ANOTHER multiplat better on PS4. I've lost count how many now. When will we see parity?
     
    SurfaceMoney397, Apr 11, 2014
    #27
  13. Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months

    Surface it comes down to if the dev wants to push the ps4 or not. what console is being used as the lead platform and the render targets that come along with that.

    anyhow im out
     
    S73v3 N H4wk1n9, Apr 11, 2014
    #28
  14. @xeno I think its because uk is xboxs 2nd biggest market after usa. They doin fine in the usa, not so in the uk. Hence price drops.
     
    SurfaceMoney397, Apr 11, 2014
    #29
  15. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    "I'm a little bit confused how or why people who saved up and spent their hard earned cash on a launch Xbox One are not up in arms at the way the product as dropped by near a quarter in under 5 months" ...

    To be honest I'm a little confused as to why people are so upset over this. More or less everything we buy, new TVs, phones, whatever we pay today, could be a lot more than what we pay tomorrow.

    For me, I paid full price on day one, well I got Forza 5 for free but over the last 4 months I've had a lot of fun of the Xbox One, would I have wanted to miss out on that to save money? no way.
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 11, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Launch Price and devaluation of a premium product with in 4 months - Similar Threads - Launch Price devaluation

  2. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  3. [Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App...

    in XboX Insiders
    [Bug] ACA Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 1–5) won’t launch on PC – Windows 11 25H2 + Xbox App...: • Platform: PC – Windows 11 Home • OS Version: Windows 11 25H2 Build 26200.8246 • Insider Ring: Xbox Insider – Delta (External) Xbox App version: 2605.1001.5.0 None of the ACA Neo Geo games...
  4. College football 26 launch issue

    in XboX Insiders
    College football 26 launch issue: launching the game on my Xbox 1 through cloudplay. it says that my "trial has expired" and that I need to upgrade to unlock the full game. clicking on the provided pop up brings me to a screen...
  5. Problem With Ezio Collection Not Launching on Xbox One

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem With Ezio Collection Not Launching on Xbox One: I got the Ezio Collection after having too many problems with both my physical and digital versions of Assassin's Creed 2, which is super annoying after going through the OG Assassin's Creed with...
  6. uly 19, 2025 - PC External Delta (2507.1001.9.0) - Unable to launch games from PC App.

    in XboX Insiders
    uly 19, 2025 - PC External Delta (2507.1001.9.0) - Unable to launch games from PC App.: Been encountering this issue this morning and from what I can tell it stems from the recent update to PC insider. Any installed game that I launch on the PC app crashes after a few seconds. Can't...
  7. Xbox Insider PC App version 2507.1001.9.0 - External library games not launching in the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider PC App version 2507.1001.9.0 - External library games not launching in the...: My device is an Asus Rog Ally X running an insider build of Windows 11 version 26200.5702. I wanted to report that my external storefront games (steam and Epic) are not launching in the forefront...
  8. COD WWII recently came to game pass but its not launching due to license issue so it says...

    in XboX Insiders
    COD WWII recently came to game pass but its not launching due to license issue so it says...: I just Downloaded COD WWII on my pc and when launching it is says I dont have a license or it left game pass but the game just came to game pass. Is it only playable on console or is it a bug this...
  9. I have an Ultimate Sub but cannot launch a game I own on another Xbox when signed in.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an Ultimate Sub but cannot launch a game I own on another Xbox when signed in.: I have an Ultimate Sub but cannot launch a game I own on another Xbox when signed in. 68795c6d-3f62-4542-9d1f-82a85ae2c90f
  10. Refund advice (price changed few hours after launch, refund defined because of time played)

    in XboX Insiders
    Refund advice (price changed few hours after launch, refund defined because of time played): So basically the situation is mechwarrior 5 came out yesterday and I bought it at the listed price of £41.74. A few hours later the price was changed to £24.99. I went on to request a refund to...