Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...

Discus and support Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been reading post after post about this and nothing is helping. From Microsoft's network troubleshooting sites, Xbox's network troubleshooting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Demetris725, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Demetris725
    Demetris725 Guest

Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...

I have been reading post after post about this and nothing is helping. From Microsoft's network troubleshooting sites, Xbox's network troubleshooting postings, every single stinking forum, Microsoft's or not, Google searches etc. We shouldn't need to spend hours to fix this darn issue, the Xbox software should be stinking smarter or at least the Microsoft's postings should be smarter other than suggesting to reset consoles or asking us to change our router's configs - seriously.

Yes we tried everything MS has suggested, it's not working!

We ARE using WPA2, nothing else on our network at home has an issue connecting, in fact the Xbox didn't have an issue connecting. Nothing has changed on our network and still one fine day the Xbox decides our security protocol won't work.

So what I am looking for is not that if you have your Xbox on campus things won't work, we have this at home, so give us something we can use when what the Xbox is asking for is exactly what's on the router/wifi settings!?

:)

Demetris725, Nov 5, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if the local Wi-Fi network at home is set to WPA2

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration with the current issue you are experiencing with your Xbox One console and the "your security protocol is not working" error message, despite using WPA2 on your home network. Let's try the following to see if the problem can be resolved:

1. If you are currently using a wireless connection, try connecting your Xbox One console directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. This will help determine if the problem is related to the wireless connection or something else.

2. As a troubleshooting step, temporarily disable security protocols on your home network (such as WPA2) and try connecting your Xbox One console without any encryption. While this is not a recommended long-term solution, it can help identify if the security protocol is actually causing the problem.

3. Visit your router manufacturer's website and check if firmware updates are available. Updating router firmware can often resolve compatibility issues and improve overall network performance.

4. Contact your router manufacturer for help. They may have specific information about any compatibility issues with Xbox consoles or suggestions for resolving the security protocol issue.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  3. seth beach Win User

Xbox says "your security protocol won't work"

Hello, So i am trying to do an update on an xbox i have not used in a while it keeps popping up your security protocol wont work. if anyne cold help that would be a pleasure.
  4. Blakeyboii Win User

That's unfortunate: /

Thanks for telling me.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Blakeyboii! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You are using a different protocol, as i understand you have it set like this

WPA2/WPA3 Personal as your security.
    WPA3 option in the “Version” setting.

But you should set it with WPA2 as the version settings to be compatible
  6. xEvilShadowx187 Win User

how do you change your router' security protocol

If your Xbox one is saying "Your security protocol won't work". You can try unplugging the Xbox one for a few seconds and plug it back in then try. I see this has helped other users that had their xbox one saying security protocol issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/quotyour-security-protocol-won39t-workquot/47fb8c51-cb08-44d1-9c8c-374800b8ff64

Im just adding this here incase that's the issue you are having so you may try it :)
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if... - Similar Threads - keeps saying security

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  5. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  6. Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show: I’m trying to install the dolphin emulator from GitHub and when I put the appx into the bar and try to upload it just says not status information to show 8cb8d96a-05cd-43cc-b8d6-387c858bd906
  7. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  8. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  9. So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570: I just don't know what to do and it just said this error code 0x80070570 while it was trying to update and its a used refurbished console so it doesn't have like any accounts on it or my account...
  10. It keeps saying “ Your security info change is still pending” and I didn’t do it how can I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It keeps saying “ Your security info change is still pending” and I didn’t do it how can I...: It keeps saying “ Your security info change is still pending” and I didn’t do it how can I fix this 059ef432-154e-43a9-878f-c381c58e7191