Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues

Discus and support Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; seems like there are lots of audio issues with Xbox One, but thought I'd add to the list. I have the JBL SB400. My Xbox, Cable box, Chromecast all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NorCalAggie9600, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues

seems like there are lots of audio issues with Xbox One, but thought I'd add to the list.

I have the JBL SB400. My Xbox, Cable box, Chromecast all connect to it via HDMI. The sound bar then connects to the TV using HDMI. sound bar doesn't support DTS, but does support DD.

I have tried setting HDMI audio to 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed. Blu-rays work perfect, but games, Amazon Prime, and Netflix have issues with dialog unless I set it to stereo uncompressed. Games I've tried are Assassins Creed and Skylanders.

Do I just wait for a firmware update or am I *** longterm or ?

:)

NorCalAggie9600, Feb 26, 2014
  2. No Center Channel in some games?

Any updates here? I'm having issues getting center channel/dialog from Assassins Creed and Amazon Prime. Blu Rays work fine. I have the JBL SB400 connected via HDMI. When set to stereo, I get dialog, however it seems like dialog is either always gone
    or I have to play around between 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed to get it going on the games/Amazon Prime.

NorCalAggie9600, Feb 26, 2014
  3. the porter
    the porter Guest
    Xbox turn off.... Yes....Yes. Yes.... YES.... YESSSSSSSSS!

Anybody manage to turn on a soundbar with the on command my jbl sb400 won't do it

the porter, Feb 26, 2014
  4. MHansen86
    MHansen86 Guest

Why would the soundbar Work with 5.1 or 7.1?

Its only 2.1 so leave it at stereo uncompressed.

MHansen86, May 6, 2014
  5. AJ1873
    AJ1873 Guest
    I also have this same problem

AJ1873, Mar 9, 2015
  6. Did anyone ever figure this out? I just got mine to connect but sound only comes out of the right side.

SHADYM1LKMAN82, Jul 23, 2015
  7. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there SHADYM1LKMAN82,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  8. SHADYM1LKMAN82 Win User

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just got mine to connect but sound only comes out of the right side.
  9. AJ1873 Win User

I also have this same problem
  10. MHansen86 Win User

Why would the soundbar Work with 5.1 or 7.1?

Its only 2.1 so leave it at stereo uncompressed.
  11. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there SHADYM1LKMAN82,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks in advance!
  12. NorCalAggie9600 Win User

No Center Channel in some games?

Any updates here? I'm having issues getting center channel/dialog from Assassins Creed and Amazon Prime. Blu Rays work fine. I have the JBL SB400 connected via HDMI. When set to stereo, I get dialog, however it seems like dialog is either always gone
    or I have to play around between 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed to get it going on the games/Amazon Prime.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - JBL SB400 Soundbar Dialog Issues - Similar Threads - JBL SB400 Soundbar

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar: Howdy Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when playing his games My main questions are, as i have...
  4. Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off: I have a jbl usb head set and when i put the usb in all my sound shuts down everything goes including the laptop speakers and says that no audio drivers are installed. i thought it might be the...
  5. My JBL Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    My JBL Headphones: Hi, I recently bought some JBL headphone with no audio jack by mistake thinking it was the correct version. For my birthday I was given a Xbox series X controller and receiver, however I do not...
  6. JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.: Hi all. I purchased a JBL Quantum 600 headset a few months back that works perfectly with my PS5. I purchased a Series X yesterday but when I put the jack into the controller, it just wiggled...
  7. I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.: So recently i was able to get a hold of a xbox series x and i have a 5.1 Jbl soundbar. I have the xbox plugged into m LG C8 and the tv into the soundbar through ARc hdmi. I noticed that if i...
  8. Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar?: Does Xbox one Dolby atmos support JBL 9.1 soundbar? Getting error message as "Your receiver doesn't support Dolby Atmos for home theatre. Error code 0x80bd0038 52bf9656-4170-4f50-a7ed-e86a452b98a8
  9. JBL Sound Bar and Xbox Audio Delay

in XBoX Accessibility
    JBL Sound Bar and Xbox Audio Delay: Hey guys So i have a Hisense smart tv with ARC capability, and recently bought a JBL 3.1 soundbar system with sub. i have the HDMI ARC running from sound bar to tv and xbox plugged in normally,...
  10. Headset JBL E45BT XOne

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset JBL E45BT XOne: Gostaria de saber se o JBL E45BT funciona perfeitamente no XOne, utilizando o adaptador para P2?. Se tem alguém utilzando algum com fone BT da JBL com com uma boa experiência. (Mod Translation)...