Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot

Discus and support Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi For some reason my xbox will not connect to my mobile hotspot. I know there is nothing wrong with it because my laptop can connect to it. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesLawton3, Sep 17, 2019.

1. JamesLawton3
    JamesLawton3 Guest

Hi

For some reason my xbox will not connect to my mobile hotspot.

I know there is nothing wrong with it because my laptop can connect to it.

I know there is nothing wrong with the xbox because it will connect to my wife's mobile.

I've not change anything with my mobile.

Any ideas how to fix it.

Thanks

:)

JamesLawton3, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi James,

Unfortunately, mobile hotspots are not designed to be fully compatible with the console and may not work at all times. Is there anything else running off of your hotspot?

You can try resetting the hotspot or creating a new one on the phone but there is never a guarantee that a mobile hotspot will work with an Xbox One console.
  3. stethepea16 Win User

This happened to me a few weeks ago, the power cycle listed above worked fine for me!
  4. RedCarGamer Win User

First try to
    Power Cycle
    your console, if this procedure doesn't fix your issue, then do a

Factory Reset
    . Let us know if had been fixed or not.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Generally its not recommended

Next gen consoles require a constant connection

A cellphone or mobile hotspot is not meant for large downloads not even for a laptop maybe for short videos

Open these ports https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/

Best bet contact your phone manufacturer for.the appropiate settings
  6. IsaacDread Win User

Cant Connect to Xbox Live on Wireless

Another user suggested I try connecting to a mobile hotspot instead of home's wireless network. Strangely, XBL worked when connected to the mobile hotspot. Why would one Xbox One (X) work on my wireless but the other (original) does not?
Thema:

1. Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - isn't connecting mobile

2. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  3. Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting: I tried to sign in to Xbox live and it gave me an error code 8015190E and it said your console can't connect to Xbox live and to check my Internet connection and I did but everything was fine so I...
  4. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  5. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  6. My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi: My Xbox series x keeps saying dns isn't resolving Xbox server names b1062e3b-ca1d-480c-afd0-de10335300de
  7. I keep getting a message in minecraft that my xbox controller isn't connected but on the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting a message in minecraft that my xbox controller isn't connected but on the...: I keep getting a message in minecraft that my xbox controller isn't connected but on the main menu it works fine. Can you help in any way? 3b0f603d-eca3-4370-bf17-d9d9ab91986a
  8. Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network: I had bought my Xbox series s in Spain in July but then I came to the uk the same day that I came to the uk I tried connecting my wireless wifi it wasn't showing first at all but then I cleared...
  9. My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly: Xbox people that work at Xbox facility place un can you help me out with my problem with my slim model xbox360 for wireless connection with wifi... 6d5eeee4-2c50-4efb-a138-2fadbbc3d8fb
  10. My series x is reading a wired connection even when there isn't one plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x is reading a wired connection even when there isn't one plugged in.: So when I turned my xbox on this afternoon it wouldn't connect to the internet. Tried unplugging the wired ethernet cable but even after it was unplugged it was still reading that it was plugged...