Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

Discus and support Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HydroTHC, Oct 20, 2023.

1. HydroTHC
    HydroTHC Guest

Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont suggest that. Its plugged directly into the wall aswell

:)

HydroTHC, Oct 20, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace it and have the problem persist.

3. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace it and have the problem persist.

Hello HydroTHC, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

A damaged power supply is unlikely to directly cause a slowdown in the performance of your Xbox One. The power supply is responsible for providing the necessary power to the console and if it is not working properly, you may experience issues such as random shutdowns. or inability to turn on the console. However, it is usually not a direct cause of slow performance.

However, if there are other elements that could already be beginning to fail, such as the internal disk of your console or other components, in these cases it is best to request a repair so that the problem can be solved and the console reset. . It can only be something momentary.

Best regards.
  4. Temhotabot Win User

12 volt 16.5 amp power supply with a 12 volt 12.1 amp console.

To simply answer your question, yes. That would supply too much power and would result in damage to the console. It is recommended that you use the power supply that originally came with your console when you purchased it. (if you are replacing it,
    replace it with a power supply with the same rating and specs as the original one)
  5. Joshh9983 Win User

Xbox One S turns on then off instantly

i believe you need a power supply replacement
  6. Fearoid Win User

Original Xbox 360 Wont turn on

Try cleaning your power supply socket. If they doesn't work your power supply is most likely damaged and need replaced.
Thema:

1. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace... - Similar Threads - running slow believe

2. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  3. My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one s has been crashing, freezing, and running incredibly slow lately: constant crashes, freezes, and overall slow performance, I've tried factory resetting twice, cleaning the console, and reinstalling multiple games but nothing seems to fix my issue...
  4. xbox one running slow and won’t go past sign in page?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one running slow and won’t go past sign in page?: My xbox one just started randomly running super slow. It will stay on the green loading screen forever and then lags to load the log in screen after. It doesn’t let me sign in, skip sign in, go to...
  5. Xbox dashboard and games running slow and freezing.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox dashboard and games running slow and freezing.: This issue has been going on for 3 weeks now, and I can’t find the issue. When contacting Xbox, they were very little help as they didn’t tell me the issue. When I went to see if other people have...
  6. Why is my xbox running so slow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox running so slow?: A day after using my xbox regularly i turn it on casually like every other time but with it now being very slow and when you try to the home button or open anything it will take a min or 2 to...
  7. I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...: This has been happening for the past week, and it’s been getting on my nerves. My xbox has been running so slow that it can’t even load the settings app and when it does and I leave, the xbox just...
  8. Xbox has been running slow.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox has been running slow.: Xbox has been running slow. My games have taken extra long to start up, some not even starting and games have been crashing. The power button blinks when I try to open games that crash if that has...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 running slow after reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 running slow after reinstall: I pre-ordered the game on steam and downloaded it when it first came out. The game ran fine with no issues at all. I uninstalled, and when I went to reinstall it I tried to play the game and it...
  10. Xbox series x menu running slow and even seems like fps is dropping in menu

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x menu running slow and even seems like fps is dropping in menu: So for starters I've had my xbox series x for around 8-9 month's and I rarely use it (maybe two or three time's a month) just due to not having time to. But last night I wanted to play so I turn...