XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84

Discus and support XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 40" Toshiba that my dad had won a few years back. When I first got my Xbox 0ne, it worked fine and I was able to calibrate it. I hooked up my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DARKxHUNTRESS, Feb 13, 2015.

1. XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84

I have a 40" Toshiba that my dad had won a few years back. When I first got my Xbox 0ne, it worked fine and I was able to calibrate it. I hooked up my One back to the same TV today, and now my display isn't working properly. The display was switched to a
    4:3 aspect ratio and only two inches of the screen is visible with loads of static noise. I even switched out my default HDMI cord for the one I use on my 360, and the same result occured. I changed to a different TV that was 22" and a JVC, and that TV worked
    perfectly.

:)

DARKxHUNTRESS, Feb 13, 2015
  2. MrCool2000
    MrCool2000 Guest

I'm having the same issue on my Toshiba 65 inch DLP. Really sucks, I have no way adjusting the screen size/position in my tv settings. Any hope of getting this fixed?

MrCool2000, Feb 13, 2015
  3. XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84

I'm having the same problem. I see this has been an issue since last year, and this thread has not been updated in several months, but has anyone found a solution to this yet?

destroyer zebra, Feb 13, 2015
  4. XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84

Hey there, HUNTRESS! I'm sorry to see any issues you may be experiencing with your display! Since that other thread you posted in was over a year old, I've gone ahead and split you off. Our community will be able to better assist you individually with what
    you are running into. Thanks for understanding! XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84 :)

Misses Quinzel, Feb 14, 2015
  5. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Hey Huntress! Sorry to hear this, it sounds really frustrating. It sort of sounds like your resolution has somehow gotten cranked up to be almost completely unviewable. Have you tried doing the display reset? To do this, you hold the eject button and the
    Power Sensor on the console (Xbox Logo) for 5 seconds, and the console should boot up in default image settings - working, but not ideal - so you can see enough to get to the menus and reset the display settings to the correct display mode.

If that doesn't work or isn't an option, does the 40" have a different HDMI port you could try?

Jaymo1978, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Velocir21 Win User

Still nothing. Now playing madden 15 and the score bar at the top is half cut off. Really want to be able to adjust the display area manually. I've posted something similar on the xbox suggestions forum, but nothing in the update announcements yet...
  7. Paul O'Neil Win User

I'm having the same problem. I tried every setting on my TV with no results. I'm using a 55" generic TV. I'm hoping this update on Feb 11th will correct this issue. Games like battlefield and COD are fine but many of the apps are cut off and you can't read
    the menu options.
  8. Velocir21 Win User

Thank goodness I'm not the only one experiencing this too. I'm running the xbox one to a 50" Samsung DLP 720p TV and can only see the left and right blue borders of the minimum viewing area on the xbox display settings menu. Spent an hour with both Samsung
    and Microsoft support with no solution. The TV doesn't supportan option to change the resolution settings and it's already set to 16:9. The Microsoft guy told me to return the xbox for a new one. When playing dead rising, the top and bottom messages are completely
    unreadable. My PS3 had no issue with this TV and displayed the full image. Please push down an update to fix this ASAP!
  9. Mr Bro Win User

Having the same issues. I have a 52 inch LG DLP. Didn't seem like a big issue at first, but now I'm noticing while using some apps or games that some menu text is completely unreadable. I do not experience these issues while using any other devices with
    the tv. I've attempted all the troubleshooting suggestions above with no success. If anybody has had success with fixing this issue, please advise.
  10. MrCool2000 Win User

It would insanely helpful/useful for Xbox One to have a "Adjust Display Area" setting like PS4 and Wii U to fix issues like this. Please get something like this in for an update!!
Thema:

1. XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84 - Similar Threads - Home screen cut

2. Changing Back Home Screen Customizing

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Back Home Screen Customizing: Im not the only one thinking that we need the old home customizing, where you can Add and remove all things to have a clean home screen with all what you needed set up the way you like instead of...
  3. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  4. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  5. why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?: xbox series x kicks out to home screen only on certain games, no error message is shown. i have soft rest, hard reset and even reset the console totally. games like destiny, starfield, assassins...
  6. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  7. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  8. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  9. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  10. Custom background for home screen on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Custom background for home screen on xbox: I thought i would be really cool to have a background system where you could download something from the web. Bc i have seen awesome backgrounds/moving backgrounds that i would love to have on my...