Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset

Discus and support Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was enjoying a game with a friend, both of us using our mics and hearing each other perfectly fine in the in-game voice chat. I started to suffer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arvalli, May 15, 2017.

1. Arvalli
    Arvalli Guest

I was enjoying a game with a friend, both of us using our mics and hearing each other perfectly fine in the in-game voice chat. I started to suffer connecting issues and restarted my router. I grouped up with my same friend in the same game and noticed he
    couldn't hear me while I could hear him. I had hard reset y console, signed in and out manually with the headset connected and not, turned off my controller and re-synced it multiple times, and even made sure my mic wasn't muted, but nothing worked. I checked
    my privacy settings to make sure they allowed me to communicate with everyone, which it does allow, and I checked my NAT type which is currently Open. I have had also attempted to update both my controller (v 2.3.2381.0) and my headset (v4.9.0.0) and both
    said they were up to date. The one thing I did notice, however, is that my headset isn't assigned to my profile. I assumed this to be the ultimate culprit, however, I cannot change any of the settings as the options are greyed out. I don't know what else to
    do to solve this problem- be it on Microsoft's end or mine. I hope to solve this without needed to purchase a new headset.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Arvalli, May 15, 2017
  2. Xbox One Chat Headset Mic Not Working.

My Xbox One Chat Headset recently stopped working properly. I can hear everything through it as normal, it isn't muted, I'm not accidentally in game chat, and the volume is all the way up, and I have no problem starting a party. However, the microphone no
    longer picks up my voice and so no one can hear me as my voice is not going through. Any suggestions on what to do?

AsSASsinZ DeAtH, May 15, 2017
  3. Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.

Hello. Today I went to use my chat headset, the one in an Xbox Bundle case with original purchase, and it won't let me talk in parties. I can hear all my friends in the party, but the headset won't let me talk, and it didn't pick up my voice in Skype Echo
    tests or in private voice messages either. I even bought a second headset, but it yielded the same result. As I know, I was properly logged in with my controller, and I had reset the router and console respectively. Is there any way to see if my headset and
    console works? Would a Turtle Beach headset work well with an adaptor? It worked for my Xbox 360.

JOSHUALEEFUCHS, May 15, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there Arvalli!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. What kind of headset are you using with your Xbox One console? Do you have another controller you can test your headset on? Are you able to send someone a voice message using your headset? I see you mentioned that your
    NAT is Open, what about your friend? What is his NAT type? Can you provide us with your Detailed Networking Statistics so we can see if we can figure out what's going here?

Let us know. Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, May 16, 2017
  5. Arvalli
    Arvalli Guest
    I'm using the offical Microsoft Xbox One headset that came with the first generation controllers (one without the headphone jack). Unfortunately, I do not have another controller compatible with this headset. I do, however, have a wired Afterglow controller
    with solely a headphone jack. I tested that one with a regular pair of earphones and it works fine. I can only guess it's either the headphones or the controller. To answer for my friend, he says his NAT is Open normally, but may switch to Moderate. He also
    says he didn't check it when we played, but it worked prior and isn't sure what happened.

My Detailed Network Statistics is as follows:

Download Speed: 18.04 Mbps

Upload speed: 7.46 Mbps

Packet Lost: 0%

MTU: 1480

Latency: 100 ms

Wireless Strength: 100%

Arvalli, May 16, 2017
  6. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Thanks for the extra info. Are you able to send a voice message using your controller and headset currently?

You can also try
    factory resetting
    your console (while keeping games and apps) to see if that helps any. If that doesn't do the trick, you may want to consider purchasing a new headset to see if that one works. If it does, then the issue is with your old headset and will
    need to be replaced. If it doesn't, the issue may lie with your controller.

Keep us posted! Xbox One Headset Will No Longer Pick Up My Voice After Router Reset :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: